Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

golli

The VC of the upcoming 737NG 2.0 + video

Just wanted to post this video of a clean and brand new cockpit.I'm hoping that the "HUD" will be a part of the PMDG 737 NG 2.0 release. And the new look of the 737 cockpit, without the old style windows above the pilots head.I know for sure that it will be a fantastic release, esp. if FS2Crew develops along side it, as they did with the MD-11.Golli.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I would be a nice feature if you can choose to have the eyebrow windows in or not. I'd have to check to know the exact linenumber where Boeing "deleted" them from the design, but I believe the first eyebrowless NG's were delivered in 2006. The majority of NG operators that have aircraft delivered before that date, have installed plugs to remove the windows.Regards,Frank

Just a quick question, sorry if this has been posted before. Is this for FSX or FS9?

Ryan mentioned that they have NOT yet decided to go FSX-only with the NG. The JetStream is FSX only though.Regards,

Gents-HUD: Yes.Selectable eyebrow windows: Yes.FSX Only: No.*2D Panels: Yes.*Expected release date: not a chance..... :(*As of the date of this writing. Subject to change pending market conditions.

Ryan mentioned that they have NOT yet decided to go FSX-only with the NG. The JetStream is FSX only though.Regards,
In fact, Ryan stated multiple times that the NGX was planned to be for both FS9 and FSX.However, in a recent posting relating to MD11 sales figures, he left us a bit more in doubt.I don't want to start another FS9 vs FSX debate (so PLEASE don't misuse this thread for that :( ), but I do sincerely hope they decide in favour of the FS9-users as far as the NGX goes.I hope they take into consideration that an aircraft like the 737NG would probably be much more popular than the MD11, generating more sales in total and specific also generate more sales for the FS9 version.Just to note; I am not against FSX and I would like to transfer fully to FSX, but for at least another 1 - 2 years I can not affort a system upgrade that will bring me on-par with what FSX requires (and I'm not talking about needing 60+ fps (20+ on average would be very acceptable, I guess).I hope PMDG doesn't wait much longer with taking a final decision on this one, so everyone knows what to expect (read: does not keep their FS9 hopes up for months while it might be that the NGX goes FSX-only :( )Regards,Frank

Gents-...FSX Only: No....
Robert,I LOVE YOU :( :( Thank you for this! Put me on the list for the combo-package :( Regards,Frank

Gents-FSX Only: No.2D Panels: Yes.
I love the NG, thank you sooooooo much!!!!!!! :( Same here, put me on the combo list too

+1 for the combo pack as well.I will say I do notice the lack of eyebrow windows, makes the airplane look a little more snippier, more surly if that makes any sense, haha.Can't wait to see that HUD, sure looks sweet, wish our Piper Arrow had one!-jlk

HUD: Yes.
Arggs... Damn, your getting me into 'I can't want for xxx PMDG plane' mood again. This will be very interesting with Track IR. Will moving the head up/down/left/right cause the HUD to be off centered?/Vincent Rouleau

Gents-HUD: Yes.Selectable eyebrow windows: Yes.FSX Only: No.2D Panels: Yes.Expected release date: not a chance..... :(
PERFECT!!!Thank you!!

FSX Only: No.Expected release date: not a chance..... :(
Hi Robert,Good news - and that's un understatement! Well, I am not sure (yet) about a combo (most probably yes) but for the FS9 version : YES SIR ! I hope that with PMDG's added development resources you'll be able to release this gem ...very soonThank you,BrunoPS : anyone from PMDG planning to come over to Le Bourget this year?

cant wait for this one guys! NG is my favourite plane of yours! NGX.. twice as good as NG :(cheers,

Gents-HUD: Yes.Selectable eyebrow windows: Yes.FSX Only: No.2D Panels: Yes.Expected release date: not a chance..... :(
Robert,I would enthusiastically request that you make this response a sticky so that it will, hopefully, eliminate the whining and complaints about 2D panels and FSX/FS9 compatibility. :( - Alex

Ohhh! ...Thx a lot Robert. :( / Leffe (FS9-user)

Hooray!! :(

That's great news. I wish to re-emphasize what I have mentioned a while back and that was the need to reduce the size of the wiper-blades. They do have a tendency to get in the visual way when making a visual approach. Regards,jack

Eyebrow windows?- Philip
That's what they call the 4 (2 left, 2 right) small windows that are located above the main cockpit windows.Regards,Frank

Eyebrow windows?- Philip
They are the windows above the pilots in the cockpit (i.e in the eyebrow position if you imagine the cockpit as a face). They are a legacy of the fact that the B737 cockpit is based on the old Boeing 707 cockpit. They've been deleted from all new civilian models (i.e airliner versions) of the 737 by default, although you can still have them as an option, and there are retrofit fairings available from Boeing which cover them over, for use on models which originally had them. For most practical modern applications, they are unecessary on the civilian 737. They actually increase fuel consumption slightly and cockpit noise too (if you look on the front of a 737, you'll see a couple of tiny vortex generators under the main windshield which are to alter the airflow over the windows to reduce cockpit noise, which windows tend to create), as well as offering another way for strong sunlight to dazzle the pilots.The military versions still need them because they aid positioning when the aircaft is closing up on an aerial refuelling tanker, so you will see them on stuff such as the US Navy's P-8A Poseidon version of the 800NG and on other military conversions of the NG.Al

Terrain radar????Pogo Stick????Rope Ladder????As for expected date.... (Well DEFO not this year lol)I think I can add to that list - Weather Radar: NO :( And defo put me down for the Combo.John Ellison