Sign in to follow this  
Guest hgpilot

RA Duke GPS

Hi, I followed Berts instructions, but could not get it to work, I had no GPS, also now my RXP has the frame, but no screen showing, you can just see the cockpit and sky where the lcd screen should be. I just added the line as shown by Bert, when it did not work, I placed // in front of it took the // away from the original line. Now I have my stock GPS back no problem, but no RXP screen, what can i have done? Any ideas as to how to fix this? And ideas why the .cfg file edit did not work for me? I tried both variations, for with radio shoqwing and not, and checked to make sure i had no typing errors..thx, Mark
Mark I had the same problem. Here is the deal. I suspect the GPS trainer is not installed or has been removed. Can you check if you are able to use the Reality XP GPS using your other aircrafts? I reinstalled the Reality XP including the Garmin trainer and that fixed this problem.And you have to turn on the Garmin GPS using the Reality XP gauge instead of the "c" in the VC (I think, I am right in this).MannyPS: I did not create the 19X19 bmp. I simply get the Pop up using Shfit-2

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Hi Manny, the trainer is installed, and the same thing happens in other aircraft as well.... I did not create the .bmp either. When I installed, it was all fine, then this...I guess will have to try the old uninstall routuine, Bummer!!!

Hi, I followed Berts instructions, but could not get it to work, I had no GPS, also now my RXP has the frame, but no screen showing, you can just see the cockpit and sky where the lcd screen should be. I just added the line as shown by Bert, when it did not work, I placed // in front of it took the // away from the original line. Now I have my stock GPS back no problem, but no RXP screen, what can i have done? Any ideas as to how to fix this? And ideas why the .cfg file edit did not work for me? I tried both variations, for with radio shoqwing and not, and checked to make sure i had no typing errors..thx, Mark
First thing to check is whether the RXP GNS works in other aircraft. If yes, then go to alt/views and look for the RXP GNS window and make it active. There you should be able to turn on the GNS.When it is all lit up, go back to the main virtual cockpit and click on the power on button for the GPS... voila, that should show the RXP GNSin the panel.If you do not want to create the popup gauge, that I positioned over the transponder, you can use the usual shift-2 combination...but I forgot to mention, that you have to name the RXP window Window01 for this to work.Initially, the RXP config utility will add a new window, using the next available number which is Window02, this means using shift-3 for the popup.No typo here... shift-3.To be able to use shift-2, proceed as follows:If you have saved a backup copy of the original panel file (always highly recommended!) you can delete the default Window01 and substitute theRXP generated window that will then look something like:[Window01]window_size=0.297619,0.342857visible=1position=8ident=15531gauge00=rxpGNS!GNS530,0,0,100,100Now, shift-2 works!The popup gauge does not care about window numbering, it uses the ident=15531 as the identifier..

Bert

Hi Bert, a lot of that went over my head, sorry, my familiarity and skill level with this stuff is somewhat less than yours!! ( have only been using FSX for 6 weeks) I have re installed RXP and still have the problem with just the frame showing, here is a screenie:2009-5-2_14-41-55-467.jpgPressing any of the buttons on the frame does nothing. This is the same in other aircraft as well. Once I have got the gps displaying properly again, I can then try your suggestions, but I may need to come back to you for a more "idiot friendly" explanation!! cheers, Mark

Once I have got the gps displaying properly again, I can then try your suggestions, but I may need to come back to you for a more "idiot friendly" explanation!! cheers, Mark
Yup, first get the RXP unit working... and from there, it is all a walk in the park! :(

Bert

Guest bjablonka

I have 2 monitors and am able to undock any instrument such as the radio stack and move it over to the second monitor. However, with the RXP this is not possible, it does not show up on the second monitor even if I undock it. Could someone please tell me what I am doing wrong?ThanksBernd

I have the same problem. I checked on the RXP "support" forum and we are not alone. No response from RXP on this issue though it has been on their forum for several days. However one bright fellow did some digging and believes it might be an issue with RXPG1AE.EXE either becoming corrupt or continuing to run in the background after shutting down FSX. Basically the only workaround he could find at this point is to uninstall-reboot-reinstall everytime it fails. Not a solution in my opinion. I have uninstalled it and there it shall stay unless they come up with a fix.

"A good landing is one you can walk away from. An excellent landing is one you can taxi away from."

Bill in Colorado:

Retired

Comm: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

CFI: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

Yes, I found the same thing, many similar experiences from people and no official help. I uninstalled again, re booting this time and it now works again fine in my duke, but not in my T45 goshawk. Better than nothing i suppose, but not very impressed with their support....... Nice product though.