Sign in to follow this  
Guest mephix

Skysimulations Douglas DC9

Guest angola

Guysany news about the addition of a GPS .....The Trimble ( DA) would help a good :(

Regarding the autothrottle...

The autothrottle adjusts the throttles to obtain and maintain a safe flying speed as calculated by the speed command system. The No. 2 speed command system must be in approach mode to permit autothrottle engagement. Based on the speed command signal, the servo drive moves the throttles to achieve computed speed. At touchdown the autothrottle is automatically disconnected by the spoiler actuator. The servo drive is connected via a clutch which means that an autothrottle command can be overridden by a manual input. There are no maximum thrust limit switches, and autothrottle must be monitored to prevent over boosting the engines. Autothrottle operation is restricted to the approach phase. When engaged, it will maintain the minimum speeds as given in the speed booklet, providing the calculated aircraft weight is correct. This system is rather "clumsy" and since speed control in a DC9 is not a problem, the system was almost never used.

Hey GuysThat Bird is really good but its still have a lot of bugs.I sent a mail to support@skysimulations.comand this was the answerHi: The bugs are on the way to be fixed, we expect to release the service pack the next week. Best RegardsSkySimulations Support Teamwe have to wait until the release of the first sp1 and see if it really fix all the bugs. :(

I certainly hope the things people have reported are addressed, but even in its present state, I think it is pretty good actually. You certainly cannot grumble at the FPS it gets.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Their service/support e-mail was quick to reply and very receptive from the reply that I got.We'll see how they do here with SP1. :)

Guest 413X3

I got the same reception when I inquired about an issue with the MD-11. Sure it is not 100% system accuracy but as long as the quality is good and the basics are there, it is a fun enjoyable product

Hello people,Sorry to push back this topic to the top, but anyone have any news about the patch??? Thanks!

Flavio Cardoso - P3Dv4.5 HF3

Win 10 Pro 64Bits - i74960X 4.5ghz - ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed. - Corsair H150i Platinum - 32gb  Ripjaws Z - ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER SC - MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics

Before buying i am waiting on positive messages about patch too. I do not want to be a betatester :-)

To be fair to SS, the issues are fairly minimal and don't really prevent you from enjoying the thing. I checked the SS website the other day and there was no news of a patch then, but I'm sure it will show up at some point. I don't feel the urgent desire for a patch, I've been flying it a lot with no problems at all really.Al

Alan Bradbury

To be fair to SS, the issues are fairly minimal and don't really prevent you from enjoying the thing. I checked the SS website the other day and there was no news of a patch then, but I'm sure it will show up at some point. I don't feel the urgent desire for a patch, I've been flying it a lot with no problems at all really.Al
Thanks for the explanation, Al.

Yes, me too Al. Just asking because someone in the forum told sometime ago that it would be released in a week or so .... So, i just asked. Not complaining at all. Batting%20Eyelashes.gif

Flavio Cardoso - P3Dv4.5 HF3

Win 10 Pro 64Bits - i74960X 4.5ghz - ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed. - Corsair H150i Platinum - 32gb  Ripjaws Z - ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER SC - MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics

Complain away, it might speed them up a bit LOL I'd take 'in a week or so' with a pinch of salt where computer software is concerned, as you probably know.Al

Alan Bradbury

Sky Simulations proudly presents the SP1 (Service Pack 1) for our Mc Donnell Douglas DC-9 for FSX .Based on user requests, we've released this Service Pack 1.This are some of the characteristics of this package:-New Panel and general re-arrange for the DC-9-51.-EPR RAT now displays in big size.-Fixed Lights problem.-New Flight Dynamics for all series.-Cabin signs in 2D Panel and VC.-Auxliary Fuel Tanks on DC-9 41 and 51.-Fixed Overhead lights.For More Info about this update, Click on the DC-9 product's page, under additional downloads-Product updates section. .

Just Arrived the Sp1 will try this tonight and see if it will resolve most of those little bugs jeje.This DC9 will be one of the best payware addon i ever had.I really love this old bird.Here in venezuela many airlines like aserca,laser,aeropostal are still flying the dc9-31 and dc9 51 and its a pleasure fly with them :( .

Guest 413X3

are there some cargo repaints out?