Sign in to follow this  

Is anything been done to solve this or is it a "brush it under the carpet job?
My understanding is that as Hi-Fi Sim cannot replicate this problem, there is nothing that can be done about it.

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

My understanding is that as Hi-Fi Sim cannot replicate this problem, there is nothing that can be done about it.
How is it possible for so many FS9 users to be experiencing clouds popping on every single flight and hi-fi not being able to replicate the problem?? My understanding is that the suppression isn't working at all. Not within the set radius nor when on the ground with the relevant settings enabled. Could at least a FS9 user who doesn't experience this popping issue please provide us with his/her settings? If there is one, that is...

How is it possible for so many FS9 users to be experiencing clouds popping on every single flight and hi-fi not being able to replicate the problem??
That

Intel I7-6700K@4.2GHz,ASUS GTX 1080 Strix,Samsung 4K TV  

Ralf Zimmermann

How is it possible for so many FS9 users to be experiencing clouds popping on every single flight and hi-fi not being able to replicate the problem?? My understanding is that the suppression isn't working at all. Not within the set radius nor when on the ground with the relevant settings enabled. Could at least a FS9 user who doesn't experience this popping issue please provide us with his/her settings? If there is one, that is...
I must admit that that has crossed my mind too.

Gavin Barbara

Hi All,If anyone wants to come to Michigan and fly my FS04 for as long as you would like you are free to do so!! I'll supply the bed if you want to stay awhile!No, I cannot reproduce this no matter what I try to do.Thanks,

Although this invitation is quite kind, shouldn't it be the other way around? I mean, we don't actually need to see FS working "poplessly", we need to have it that way. On the other hand, the developers need to see FS popping like there's no tomorrow to trace the cause, so i was wondering, is there a equally kind guy in Michigan willing to offer Jim a coffee and his/her FS9 to find what causes this for all of us? One thing is for sure, you won't be needing a bed, ten minutes will probably be enough! :(

Hi All,If anyone wants to come to Michigan and fly my FS04 for as long as you would like you are free to do so!! I'll supply the bed if you want to stay awhile!No, I cannot reproduce this no matter what I try to do.Thanks,
JimI belive you. I'm sure this is as frustrating for you as it is for us. Is there nobody in the Hi-FI Sim team who uses FS9 who has this problem and who could possibly try to help us?

Gavin Barbara

Hi,I really must state, that the mindset in user support has changed in the last months. And I don't know, what's the reason behind it. During the last years I have been a very proud user of the AS software and I bought all the versions. The reason was not, that the software was working perfectly from the first day (I know that this is difficult with such a complex simulation) but the main reason, was, that from the beginning the AS team provided an excellent support and if a problem was detected, it was addressed and a little bit later there was a new build available. I don't know, how many new patches I have installed of all the versions and with every patch the products got better.But with ASA something changed. The user community gave feedback in the same way as before, but we only got few fixes and a lot of existing issues were not addressed - even worse: they do not exist for the AS team.To stay with the topic: I can definitely confirm, that the popping clouds exist as a problem for me (beside my non-US locale problem) in ASA. I have tried all the recommendations but they didn't eliminate the problem.My system: Win XP, FS 9.1, ASA latest build from the download area, FSUIPC registered (latest version), ASA running on a wideFS notebook with VISTA; Austria (German) localeRgdsReinhard

Hi everyone, I've used ASA since day one and I have also experienced cloud pops in FS9 from the first release.What I have found just recently is that it seems the cloud polps disapear if I turn down the IFR slide below 20 NM --> MaximumVisibilitySM = 20Maybe something to try out.I'm using ASA B435 (beta build), Win XP, client PC, wideFS, FSUPIC reg. versionregardsReid

Hi everyone, I've used ASA since day one and I have also experienced cloud pops in FS9 from the first release.What I have found just recently is that it seems the cloud polps disapear if I turn down the IFR slide below 20 NM --> MaximumVisibilitySM = 20Maybe something to try out.I'm using ASA B435 (beta build), Win XP, client PC, wideFS, FSUPIC reg. versionregardsReid
ReidThanks, I'll give it a go.

Gavin Barbara

Unfortunately it didn't help. Approaching LOWI Rwy29 in haze - suddenly 'pop' changed to heavy cloud cover :( But thanks for trying to help.

Gavin Barbara

Unfortunately it didn't help. Approaching LOWI Rwy29 in haze - suddenly 'pop' changed to heavy cloud cover :( But thanks for trying to help.
Yes, I've have still the same problem, but i'ts not as severe as it used to be hence the reduced maximumvisibility set to 20, and maximumUppervisibillity set to 20.Could this issue be some hardware configuration?I myself have a GF 8800 GTX graphic card on the FS computer.Does this problem apply to ATI users aswell?Reid

Does this problem apply to ATI users aswell?Reid
It does for me on ATI, although not all the time. I can see why HiFi is having such a hard time figuring this out as I have not been able to nail down the conditions at which it happens on my side. If I were to guess I would say it has something to do with the local suppression setting, but not entirely sure of that either!Hopefully they will get it sorted out. I agree with all that it is annoying and detracts from the experience, particularly on approach to have the condiitons suddenly shift. Drives me nuts when expecting low cloud cover and low vis only to get there and find it clear and then POP! it changes again...I have had some success with playing with the visibility smoothing in registered FSUIPC to at least make it not as severe by gaining control of visibility. Clouds still pop, but at least my runway doesn't appear and dissapear in a flash...Good luck in getting this sorted out! Many of us looking forward to the fix.

Hi,It happens also on my system with ATI. At my last flight I had an interesting finding: I was on a trip from LOWK to LOWW and we had pretty overcast weather here (I live in LOWG). With ASA I got popping clouds and when I was on FL150 I could see the ground beween the clouds. I switched during the flight to another weather program (FSM*****8). And what did I see? Overcast, no clouds popping, exactly the weather I see with my own eyes. We often heard, that the depiction of overcast is not possible due to an error in FS9. Now I know, that it is possible to depict it the right way.And back to the topic - I also could not find a system, when the cloud popping occurs.RgdsReinhard