Sign in to follow this  

Hi All,Chatted a bit with Damian about this tonight.Please try adjusting your local suppression range in ASA and see if one point is better than another. And what works for one is not going to work for all.Also, make sure that your sim speed is not above 1X.Thanks,
I'll try experimenting with local suppression range. As some others noted, I never use any speed other than 1X.

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Question: If the weather-mode is set to DWC the weather will be sett globaly. Won't clouds-cover change all the time when you pass over different stations like "cloud-popping" almost by definition?I also see cloudpopping alot in FSX Real Weather. Could it be a problem with FSX not the ASA?Just trying to be helpfull!-Kinetic2080

Hi,In FSX, we do know that some of this is from some FSX programming. No, DWC works before the clouds come into range even if you have cloud draw distance set to maximum.Thanks!

Could it be a problem with FSX not the ASA?Just trying to be helpfull!-Kinetic2080
Thanks for the input, but my original post states that I'm using FS9.1 and most of the replies here are from FS9ers. To be fair though, I did not put FS9 in the title, which I should have. Thanks for trying to help though and no offence intended at all :(

Gavin Barbara

Hi,That was a direct post to the one above mine. I do know that we are dealing with FS9 users in this thread, but I did want to supply an answer!Thanks!

Thanks to Jim for the answer!

Thanks for the input, but my original post states that I'm using FS9.1 and most of the replies here are from FS9ers. To be fair though, I did not put FS9 in the title, which I should have. Thanks for trying to help though and no offence intended at all :(
Not a problem :) I'll stay on topic next time :)-Kinetic2080

Please try adjusting your local suppression range in ASA and see if one point is better than another. Also, make sure that your sim speed is not above 1X.Thanks,
Adjusting local suppression range has no effect on the popping for me :-( I only use 1X sim speed.
Hi,That was a direct post to the one above mine. I do know that we are dealing with FS9 users in this thread, but I did want to supply an answer!Thanks!
Sure, sorry if I came across as impolite. That wasn't my intention.

Gavin Barbara

Adjusting local suppression range has no effect on the popping for me :-( I only use 1X sim speed.
Same here for Popping and Sim Speed. Ralf

Intel I7-6700K@4.2GHz,ASUS GTX 1080 Strix,Samsung 4K TV  

Ralf Zimmermann

Any other suggestions for us to try please?

Gavin Barbara

Hi,No, those were the only things right from Damian himself.Thanks,

JimThanks for getting back. That is disappointing, though not the end of the world. Let's just hope that some time in the future someone will come across some form of fix for this. :(

Gavin Barbara

Just adding that I also get this problem quite frequently. Clouds disappear, and then the next time ASA updates, the clouds reappear. I have also tried everything in this thread. my guess is that it is something in the way the weather writes are done in fs9. It sure breaks the illusion, though, which is disappointing.Bryn

Streaming at twitch.tv/brynmwr

You need MS to release the source code for FSX and then a lot of things can be fixed.Looks like we will all have to live with the faults that are here to stay!

You need MS to release the source code for FSX and then a lot of things can be fixed.Looks like we will all have to live with the faults that are here to stay!
Maybe, but that won't really be of much use to us with an FS9.1 problem. Which is what this post is about and not another attempt to start an FS9 v FSX flame fest.

Gavin Barbara

Maybe, but that won't really be of much use to us with an FS9.1 problem. Which is what this post is about and not another attempt to start an FS9 v FSX flame fest.
Didnt notice you meant FS9. My point still stands though. There are a lot of issues with the weather engines internally in both versions of the sim which will never be rectified though some of the annoyances could be reduced.