Sign in to follow this  

Since buying ASA, I've been getting some cloud popping here and there, but tonight flying from Boston to Miami, it's been really bad. This is a pretty fresh install of FS 9.1. Every 30 seconds or so at times, a haze will pop in, clouds will pop out, then in, then change to a completely new look - meaning it looks like totally different weather loading up. Sorry I can't explain it any better. Also, when one of these changes happens, the plane itself (Level D) will lurch around, lose speed, then struggle to get back on course. This something more than turbulence.Anyway, that's what I'm seeing. And I'm using the settings listed earlier in the thread.Matt
Same thing here... None of the settings have helped. I am considering moving back to ASV6.5 at this point... Between the cloud popping and ASA mutilating my performance it just isn't worth it anymore. No matter what suppression settings I input ASA ignores them and I get Depiction Mode Active at the worst possible times (takeoff, landing, taxi etc...) Whenever I feel like FS is chugging along at 1/2 its normal performance all I have to do is look over and I know Depiction Mode Active is going to be lit up... Combine all of this with the fact that it takes 4-5 minutes for the program to start, then i have to load my flightplan, then once in FS it takes another 5-10 minutes before the initial depiction mode is complete and the negatives are starting to outweigh the positives for me personally.So to summarize:10-15 minutes to get ASA initialized and weather setNo Suppression settings workingcloud popping all over the placeperformance being mutilatedand those are my biggest gripes...Signed,Very frustrated and disappointed in NJ,-Paul

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Same thing here... None of the settings have helped. I am considering moving back to ASV6.5 at this point... Between the cloud popping and ASA mutilating my performance it just isn't worth it anymore. No matter what suppression settings I input ASA ignores them and I get Depiction Mode Active at the worst possible times (takeoff, landing, taxi etc...) Whenever I feel like FS is chugging along at 1/2 its normal performance all I have to do is look over and I know Depiction Mode Active is going to be lit up... Combine all of this with the fact that it takes 4-5 minutes for the program to start, then i have to load my flightplan, then once in FS it takes another 5-10 minutes before the initial depiction mode is complete and the negatives are starting to outweigh the positives for me personally.So to summarize:10-15 minutes to get ASA initialized and weather setNo Suppression settings workingcloud popping all over the placeperformance being mutilatedand those are my biggest gripes...Signed,Very frustrated and disappointed in NJ,-Paul
And further more,i didn

Intel I7-6700K@4.2GHz,ASUS GTX 1080 Strix,Samsung 4K TV  

Ralf Zimmermann

And further more,i didn

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Me neither. I think we're just going to have to accept that that's the way it is.
Sad but True. :( Ralf

Ralf Zimmermann

Sad but True. :( Ralf
Any suggestions from the Hifi team on this one? Sorry you guys aren't seeing this but for all of us it is obviously easily replicable on every flight...Thanks in advance as always,-Paul

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Hi,Has anyone tried my options from my post on 8-21? Just wondering!Thanks,

JimYes we have and most of the replies posted here after that refer to it.

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

JimYes we have and most of the replies posted here after that refer to it.
Exactly! Ralf

Ralf Zimmermann

Exactly! Ralf
Yes me too and I'm waiting for something new about this bug.....Christian

Yes.Iain Smith

Yep. And those were the settings in use when things were at their worst.Matt

Hi All,Chatted a bit with Damian about this tonight.Please try adjusting your local suppression range in ASA and see if one point is better than another. And what works for one is not going to work for all.Also, make sure that your sim speed is not above 1X.Thanks,

Hi All,Chatted a bit with Damian about this tonight.Please try adjusting your local suppression range in ASA and see if one point is better than another. And what works for one is not going to work for all.Also, make sure that your sim speed is not above 1X.Thanks,
Hi Jim,For me I have tested different settings of supression range but nothing is better than another....always clouds disappear/apppear, there is no change with that.I fly always with the sim speed at 1x so it is not in this direction you have to focus.Regards,Christian

Hi Jim,For me I have tested different settings of supression range but nothing is better than another....always clouds disappear/apppear, there is no change with that.I fly always with the sim speed at 1x so it is not in this direction you have to focus.Regards,Christian
Same here - different suppression ranges and always at normal time. And not that I know a darn thing about it, but in my case, things got really bad when I was going down the east coast, Boston to Miami. It was as though ASA kept downloading new weather every minute or so, judging by how often it was changing. I wondered if maybe it was looking for those virtual weather stations that FS9 can't create. Anyway, I'll keep flying as I have time, and if I see anything else worth commenting on, I'll post it here.