Sign in to follow this  

HiUsing FS9.1, WinXP and ASA SP1 I get dreadful cloud popping on every flight I make anywhere in the world. ASA looks great and I have no other issues, just this highly disappointing ZAP as the clouds appear/disappear. Now, first things first, is it possible that I've set something up incorrectly? Or is it a general issue that has still to be resolved? I've been away a while so may have missed something.Thanks for any advice/help.

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Hi,Prevent cloud re-draws checked On?Thanks,

Hi,With fs9 we can do that? It's like me, same problem....Regards,Christian

JimThanks for getting back. No it's not checked, as I understood that it referred to FSX and not FS9. Should it be on for FS9? I'll give it a go and see.Best!

Gavin Barbara

JimWell I tried it and, unfortunately, it made no difference. I still have dramatic cloud popping.

Gavin Barbara

Hi All,I missed the FS9 part of his post. so no that option is for FSX only.What is your local suppression set at?Thanks All.

JimI've got local suppression on at 100 miles, both Local Range and On Ground checked as on.Hopefully that's not right ;-)

Gavin Barbara

Hi,No, those would be OK. It's something we cannot reproduce at our end no matter what we do.Thanks,

Hi,No, those would be OK. It's something we cannot reproduce at our end no matter what we do.Thanks,
Hi,Maybe it's only with europe version of fs9, I don't know if someone of another region has this problem, it's just a suggestion....Regards,Christian

Mmm. Unfortunately it's something I can reproduce on ever single flight. Are you able to make some sort of intelligent guess as to what could be causing such a problem?Do many other people have this issue with FS9.1?

Gavin Barbara

Me too - although not on every flight...Geoff
Hi,That's true Geoff not in every flight but I notice for my case it is mostly when I fly to the south direction.... Christian

Hi All,It is something that we are not sure of the cause. Some of you know I have flown the exact same plans as you, so you know I have tried to reproduce this. I am not sure if it is a settings issue, FSUIPC issue, or systems issue.I know for me my FSUIPC is set to default settings and weather settings off and I can post my ASA settings if that would help.Thanks,Jim