Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

J41 SP1 STATUS UPDATE AND ISSUE TRACKING

In reply to your post MatzeH84 I will give you a tip that has so far worked for me. For awhile I was having issues with another developers aircraft as far as the cold and dark goes. It wouldn't save various switch positions, engine oil/water levels, and such. Someone recommended loading a save flight with a less complex aircraft at a cold and dark... then loading the more complex aircraft save flight. Everytime I have done that it loads with the switches/controls exactly the way I left them. So far this has worked for me with the J41 and has greatly increased my please of flying the aircraft. I hope that it will work for you as well. On another note if your spoilers aren't retracting be sure your engines are re-run back up to 100% before you land. That was my issue, and since I have been ensuring the levers are all the way in flight and RPM is 100% the spoilers extend/retract flawlessly everytime now.

I have a problem installing addon livery's for the J41.I have installed 4 of them.....all not working.When selecting the addon livery the preview J41 is black (no textures) and when selecting itto fly the addon livery, FSX is CTD sometimes or will load the addon livery but black (no textures)Only the default PMDG livery is working fine.Anyone having the same problem?regards,Ben

Few, but not many are having a problem with stealth aircraft. It can be reproduced on some machines by installing FS9 after installing FSX, it's an interesting problem that I (luckly) have not encountered yet.

Dan Downs KCRP

Question is....what can we do about it??Or better....what is PMDG going to do about it?regards,Ben

Well, for one it's great to characterize the problem to lead to a solution. If you are asking PMDG to solve it, then you can wait for the SP (if they find the problem).If you are asking what you can do, then one thing that works is to uninstall and reinstall FSX to fix something in the registry that is messed up deeper than the registry repair tool goes if the problem is caused by installing FS9 after FSX. I am not invovled in troubleshooting this problem, sorry, I can only relay what I've gotten third hand. I do wonder if you and others with the missing textures in fact have systems where FS9 was installed on top of FSX?? They also are investigating if it only happens in certain OS (W7, XP, etc). Sorry again, I don't have much.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi Dan,Thanks anyway, for jumping in.I have installed FS9 before FSX (not after FSX) and i use WinXP.I managed to get the addon livery's right. Installing the J41 on my second PC and installing the addons on that PC too went good.I then copied the texture directory to my main FSX PC but no show....then i copied the intire J41 directory of that PC to my main FSX PC and that solved the problem.I was able to install the J41 on two PC's because my IP adres of both PC's where the same i believe.It is a work around, but it worked.Maybe ActiveSky X is the problem, i installed that program after installing the J41 and thereafter i installed the addon livery's.ActiveSky X is changing the panel.cfg from every aircraft installed.On my second PC ASX is not installed and that worked fine.Maybe this is some kind of hint for the PMDG guy's to investigate further.Thanks again,Ben

Guest Blake_Ian_Gilmour

When will the update/fixes be out?Thanks Blake

Blake, :(

ETA:We do not have an ETA yet for SP1 as we want to make sure we actually find the source of the CTDs a handful of users are experiencing. We will let you know when we do - please do not post threads asking when, we want it out just as fast as you do and if we haven't said anything, it means we don't know yet ourselves.

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Beta tester for PMDG J41, NGX, and GFO, Flight1 Super King Air B200, Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Flight1 Cessna 182, Flight1 Cessna 177B, Aeroworx B200

Congrads, best plane ever built. Is the First Officer View going to be fixed in sp1? :( It seems it is way too close to the dash than the captins.Thanks, David

It's a small point but I noticed that with electrical power off, the main altimeter drums rotate as altitude changes, despite the pointers freezing and a power off flag being in view.Kevin

ki9cAAb.jpg

Kevin,Can you tell us how to reproduce that?

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Beta tester for PMDG J41, NGX, and GFO, Flight1 Super King Air B200, Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Flight1 Cessna 182, Flight1 Cessna 177B, Aeroworx B200

Guest Blake_Ian_Gilmour
Blake, :(
Oh RTFQ haha Thanks EMB120

Guest JHS7

Hello,Great work on the airplane PMDG!!!I have a small problem, not sure if anyone else is having the same. I set up a failure of an engine to occur during the take-off after V1. Now going through the memory items, the condition lever's latch does not "click". So I am unable to move the condition lever to the Feather/Shut OFF position. And yes I did try both left and right click on my mouse. I did notice this before during an engine start aswell, but it only happens once in a while.Will keep you updated if I find anyting else not mentioned. PS: Is there a possibility that later, PMDG can add a TOCW Flap selector switch? :( JohanReal world J41 pilot

Not sure this is an error but why do the two instruments show a different distance to tuned VOR1?

A few things that are not saved with the panel state:- Flight time and amount of fuel as entered in the loadsheet- Windshield and Airdata heatingRegards,Michael

Michael Thesen

MSFS, HP Reverb G2, Gigabyte B760 32Gb, Samsung 970 EVO, Geforce RTX 4070-TI, Win11, i7-14700KF, Thrustmaster T16000M, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals