Sign in to follow this  
Kosta

Flight1 & Windows 7

Is it me, or am I the only one who can't start the wrapper under W7? I can't install my LevelD, Fokker... HELP please!!

Is it me, or am I the only one who can't start the wrapper under W7? I can't install my LevelD, Fokker... HELP please!!
Hi Word Not Allowed,Did you try to launch the wrapper as Admin of your system?Or try to disable your antivirus before starting it.

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Thanks David, got it working in the meantime (sometimes a reboot can be helpful). Oh yes, and I learned to log in as an Administrator under any windows system - gets rid of many nasty troubles. Under W7 its finally possible again.BTW. David, did you get my PM a week ago or so?

I've been rebuilding an install of FS9 on Win 7 x64, and both GEProII and FE2004 wouldn't install from the wrapper, so I installed with a xfer licence on my XP install (I set a up dual boot luckily) and the unwrapped files installed no problems.Unfortunately the F1 Super 80 unwrapped files don't work yet, nor does the SSTSIM Concorde, so I've gotta work those ones out yet. I'm guessing it has something to do with a .NET library, as it appeared none of the .NET libraries were installed when Win7 X64 set up residence.The PMDG 737-6/7/8/900, the 747-400/F and MD-11 installed OK.The Dreamfleet 727 is OK.The DA Fokker F70/100 is OK.Level-D 767 is OKFSNAV, Ultimate Traffic 2004, ASV6.5, all three UTerrain anf FSGenesis have all installed OK.My X64 is only going to be my heavy iron sim, all the GA stuff will continue to be on XP Pro SP3 so I can keep all my RXP stuff going, as they don't play well under a 64-bit OS.Cheers, SLuggy

Thanks David, got it working in the meantime (sometimes a reboot can be helpful). Oh yes, and I learned to log in as an Administrator under any windows system - gets rid of many nasty troubles. Under W7 its finally possible again.BTW. David, did you get my PM a week ago or so?
Yes Word Not Allowed and I answered you!Didn't you get my PM? :(

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Yes Word Not Allowed and I answered you!Didn't you get my PM? :(
Nope didn't receive anything!

I also have problem starting a wrapper under W7 64 bit. I have it with the DF727 and I do try to run it as a administrator

Unfortunately the F1 Super 80 unwrapped files don't work yet, nor does the SSTSIM Concorde, so I've gotta work those ones out yet. I'm guessing it has something to do with a .NET library...
Do you have the latest installer from Flight1? The SSTSIM Concorde should work fine on Win7.

Andrew Wilson

sig_fslDeveloper.jpg

I've had no problems in Win7 with the Flight1 wrapper. In Vista I had all sorts of issues, but under Win7 everything has worked great. I'm running different add-ons from those listed though. So far I've installed the Carenado airplanes, FEX, GEX, UTX, and a few others.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

I've been rebuilding an install of FS9 on Win 7 x64, and both GEProII and FE2004 wouldn't install from the wrapper, so I installed with a xfer licence on my XP install (I set a up dual boot luckily) and the unwrapped files installed no problems.Unfortunately the F1 Super 80 unwrapped files don't work yet, nor does the SSTSIM Concorde, so I've gotta work those ones out yet. I'm guessing it has something to do with a .NET library, as it appeared none of the .NET libraries were installed when Win7 X64 set up residence.The PMDG 737-6/7/8/900, the 747-400/F and MD-11 installed OK.The Dreamfleet 727 is OK.The DA Fokker F70/100 is OK.Level-D 767 is OKFSNAV, Ultimate Traffic 2004, ASV6.5, all three UTerrain anf FSGenesis have all installed OK.My X64 is only going to be my heavy iron sim, all the GA stuff will continue to be on XP Pro SP3 so I can keep all my RXP stuff going, as they don't play well under a 64-bit OS.Cheers, SLuggy
Do you mind saying how you did the dual boot?? And a step by step on how to set up the BBBBBIOS, if that is how you did it,,,,,,,,,,,,I have kind the same setup, XP on two drives and W7 on the third with FSX thanks, B42L8

Do you mind saying how you did the dual boot?? And a step by step on how to set up the BBBBBIOS, if that is how you did it,,,,,,,,,,,,I have kind the same setup, XP on two drives and W7 on the third with FSX thanks, B42L8
All I did was set the first boot device to CD drive (in the BIOS; I had to hit the 'delete' key to enter my BIOS setup page when the PC started to boot up and change settings in 'advanced' I THINK; anyways your BIOS might be different, but as your PC boots up there should be a message that will flash up saying 'press DELETE for setup' or something along those lines.I put the Win7 x64 DVD in the drive and rebooted, and once the Win7 install screen came up it gave me a choice of installing over my XP install or an 'advanced' setup. I chose the advanced setup and the menu asked if I wanted to create a partition on my first HD, install over my existing XP installation, or install on my second HD, which is the one I chose. Remember, I've only done this once so I've probably got the menu options a bit 'wrong', but you should be able to make the connection. Win 7 installed itself to the second HD, rebooted itself a few times as Windows likes to do once it first installs :( (little hint - once the machine reboots the first time enter your BIOS setup again and change your first boot device back to HD; saves a bit of time in the long run). Win7 was smart enough to make a dual boot menu for itself and XP, ie once the machine boots it offers you 'Windows 7' or 'Earlier Version of Windows'. Everything's tickity - boo* here now!Cheers, SLuggy* phrase used by us radar technicians when something doesn't catch fire in the first ten minutes

I have installed software from the following list of developers; Thrustmaster (Cougar), Flight1, Eaglesoft, Aerosoft, FSD, Lionheart, FSBuild, TrackIR5, FSGenesis, GEX, REX and UTX, and currently all seems to be working correctly.