Sign in to follow this  
byork

Anyone got the H1/N1 Swine Flu Virus?

Anyone got the H1/N1 virus yet?They just shut down my daughter's school for a week and some friends of ours have it, the whole family in fact.I guess it's just a matter of time before we get it, too.Even though mortality rates are extremely low and it's really just a bad flu, it's still the kind of thing that makes you go 'yikes'.

Anyone got the H1/N1 virus yet?They just shut down my daughter's school for a week and some friends of ours have it, the whole family in fact.I guess it's just a matter of time before we get it, too.Even though mortality rates are extremely low and it's really just a bad flu, it's still the kind of thing that makes you go 'yikes'.
Infact, the mortality rates are even lower than any other flew. The authorities here in Sweden has warned media for making it such a hype.

Staffan

Infact, the mortality rates are even lower than any other flew. The authorities here in Sweden has warned media for making it such a hype.
Completely agree. I'm current in pharmacy school and the majority of people here seem to be following the hype, but there are a few that know better. My roommate just got sick yesterday with "flu like symptoms", and the nurse here put him on 5 days isolation, meaning he can't leave our apartment....great.

A colleague of mine got it two months ago. He was up and about within a week!Every year (hundreds of ) thousands of people die of the "common" flu. This Mexican Flu might be more contagious but it seems to be a mild virus. If the Mexican Flu is considered a threat, that threat is most likely mostly economical, with potentially a large part of the workforce sick for a couple of weeks. for healthy people it is mostly an inconvenience and it might even be a good thing to be infected with it now, when it is relatively harmless. That way you might build up resistance against the virus if it changes into something more hazardous next year.

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

I had the Hong Kong Flu in 1968 and it laid me up for a week. Recently, I came down with very bad front abdominal muscle pain and weakness that came on during the day and lasted about 3 to 5 days. 4 days later, my husband came down with the exact same symptoms. However, it didn't interfere with daily life other than trying to sit up from a reclining position. Since the flu does affect muscles through the immune response, we're both speculating that we had contracted the Swine Flu. It has been confirmed as the type going around in our area, especially the University here. It seems this flu kills by causing an over reaction of the immune system, particularly by involving the heart muscle (fluid buildup), by giving the victim severe respiratory pneumonia or from an ultra high fever. Muscle pain is also a result of the immune response.People that are older than about 55 seem to be more immune to H1N1. It seems to have to do with exposure to the 1957 Swine Flu, the 1968 Hong Kong Flu (avian type) and the 1977 Swine Flu outbreaks. Check out the 'Graph A' and see what age groups it's hitting hardest, children and young adults, not the elderly. Old farts are lucky this time.http://www.cdc.gov/H1N1FLU/surveillanceqa.htm

Went to get it yesterday, first day for the clinic. 4 hour wait so I left, will try again later in the week.BTW, the reason it is not killing as many as the common flu is that the elderly have a partial immunity from a previous flu. This flu when it does kill, is killing young people and that is why the vaccine is a good idea. This week in Ontario, Canada a perfectly heathy 13 year old boy an 10 year old girl died of H1N1.Mark.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Young and old people die every year of the flu. One can only wonder why people get a kick out of raising the alarm.

Guest belga1

Hello,Yes I'm infected. sm15.gifMaybe you will be infected also by this message ... It is a virus that spreads very easily .. I warned you ... worry.gifClean very well your screen mouse and keyboard after reading this message!3001dd9b.gifRegards.bye.gifGus.

My girlfriends co-worker got it, she woke up this morning with shooting pain in her neck and arms and she had problems breathing which is a good indication the infection had taken hold... it was confirmed when she saw a Dr. It is was only a matter of time as they work closely with the public... now lets see if we get it?Stay healthy everyone.

\Robert Hamlich/

I had it about a month ago. It was different then the normal flu and actually fairly scary until I got tamiflu to kill the virus. I felt like I was getting a bit of a cold the night before it set in. Then when I woke up the next day it felt like I was lifting weights all day previously because I was so sore. Then later in the day it felt like fluid was in my lungs, luckily it was not but it is a scary sensation to feel like you are drowning and can't get enough air.

My girlfriend just returned home from a 4.5 week stay in the hospital, 2 of those weeks were spent sedated and intibated. She was a healthy immuno normal 26 year old. And this thing nearly killed her. That's the horror of this variety. It hits the healthy and young, not childeren or the elderly. The entire ICU was full of Swine flu cases, all in similar conditions to her. She's home and recovering. Going from an active and employed young woman, to someone who can barely walk and cannot speak in anything more than a wisper. She is still on oxygen and will still launch into coughing fits a few minutes long.THere is some hype to the virus. Trouble is I wish thats all it was.

My girlfriend just returned home from a 4.5 week stay in the hospital, 2 of those weeks were spent sedated and intibated. She was a healthy immuno normal 26 year old. And this thing nearly killed her. That's the horror of this variety. It hits the healthy and young, not childeren or the elderly. The entire ICU was full of Swine flu cases, all in similar conditions to her. She's home and recovering. Going from an active and employed young woman, to someone who can barely walk and cannot speak in anything more than a wisper. She is still on oxygen and will still launch into coughing fits a few minutes long.THere is some hype to the virus. Trouble is I wish thats all it was.
I'm sorry to hear about your girlfriend. But the fact is the population is considered 'normal' so following the bell shape, there will always be extremes on both sides with most in the middle.

I heard somewhere that if you are a healthy adult, your chances of dying are less than your chances of winning the lottery twice.I don't know if this is true or not though.

Regards,

BoeingGuy

customer.jpg

ASUS P5E X38 | Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.2 GHz on 1600 MHz FSB (400x8) | 4 GB DDR2-800 RAM | EVGA GeForce 8800 GT Superclocked @ 679/979 | 320 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 RPM HD