Sign in to follow this  

FS2004 and Gmax

In an article in a flight sim magazine available here in the UK it is stated that FS2004 will only recognise Gmax aircraft.Is this correct and what will happen to all those aircraft designed using FSDS?Maybe another reason why I do not wish to buy the product when it comes out.David

i had a chance to test FS2004 this weekend. i noticed that all aircrafts not using DTX3 textures would not display, eve worse the PSS Dash8 directly leaded into a crash.forget FSDS aircrafts, they don't display properly. apart from all that, none of the todays payware aircafts panels works. even if you have a working model, the panel not working.there is a long way to go, and a lot of patches to come.

did you test the gold version or a beta? Others report FSDS aircraft and panels (specifically the Dreamfleet 734) work fine.

The Beechjet 400 from Eaglesoft is made in FSDS2 I believe, and they have shown screenshots with the plane taken from within MSFS CoF./Krister

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

As typically happens - the closer to the release day the more disinformation there will be. :-erksMichael J.

>The Beechjet 400 from Eaglesoft is made in FSDS2 I believe,>and they have shown screenshots with the plane taken from>within MSFS CoF.>>/KristerThe Beechjet 400 was made in Gmax, the Premier 1 was made in FSDS2.

Thanks for clearing it up. Good I wrote "I believe" and not "I know"! :)Edited: On their site they do have pictures of both the Premier and 400 taken from within MSFS CoF./Krister

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

Guest nitram

"As typically happens - the closer to the release day the more disinformation there will be."Perhaps if Microsoft gave us more information, then we would be informed. As always they only tell us what they want to know; the sales pitch. Then they leave us for the next two years while we spend a small fortune fixing their software for them!

Microsoft give us more information? Isn't that an oxymoron?

Okay, I just loaded up a FSDS plane, the FFX 738. When I went to select it in the menu I got the following error:http://forums.avsim.com/user_files/20116.jpgWhen I view the plane, textures work fine, some parts don't show as you can see.http://forums.avsim.com/user_files/20119.jpg

Cheers,

John Tavendale
Textures by Tavers - https://www.facebook.com/texturesbytavers

Guest ChrisTrott

Funny, if it's the FFX GMAX plane, why does the little window blurb say AFG?Also, being that the AFG bird is FSDS 1.0, what about V2.0 aircraft like the HJG DC-8-50s and -60s? Everything I've seen says that the FSDS2 birds work fine in CoF.

Guest Javis

Ok, here's the deal :http://forums.avsim.com/user_files/20120.jpgThis is not young Skywalker in an early Speeder version, nore a Buckeye doing a very low high speed pass. It's Kirk Ollson's lovely FSDS(1) made T-2 prior to line up and hold ( yep,new ATC feature). No problems with the model itself, it's the AA ( Aircraft Animator ) implemented animations which do not work anymore. AA being already an ancient program you can hardly blame MS for that. So no extended gear on retractable gear FSDS1 models anymore. Fixed gear aircraft models should be alright. (no flaps, etc anims though ) Kirk's Buckeye model has common 256 colors/8 bit textures, nothing DXT3 here. They look fine as you can see.http://forums.avsim.com/user_files/20133.jpg A nicely crafted FSDS2 Kawasaki T-4, nothing wrong with that. It's deffinately NOT ONLY GMax models that will work in FS2004. ( FSDS2 has its own build-in animator, no need for AA anymore ) http://forums.avsim.com/user_files/20138.jpgAnd finally Johan Lemmers' nice Harvard panel. Uses common gauges available in the net. Just as long as they are not that complicated,mostly based on FS default stock gauges, they'll do fine in FS2004. Custom made gauges (like in commercial packages ) will need rework, one probabely more then the other.Hope that clears the fog around FSDS1,FSDS2,GMax and our new toy a bit.Btw, all that's shown here is freeware apart from FS9 i believe:( Jan

Guest kurtj

Can anyone try the ffgs 757s or the older Md-80s that were made by Esa to see if they work with fs2004 please? I am just curious because I have some of the older models that work with fs2002 just fine. I hope I just can carry them over. Any info would be helpful.

Guest SlimDady

i hear the beechjet 400a works in fs2004 its a fsds2 aircraft if im not mistaken