Sign in to follow this  
Turbine777

What addons do YOU have?

FS9 :( Traffic ToolsAIsmoothAfcadEditvoicepackFSautostartFSconfigDXTbmp and The Gimp TOPCAT registeredFSUIPC registeredReal Air SF-260Flight 1 Pilatus PC-12Feelthere ERJ-145PSS A-319 with IFDG (rip) mergeWilco PIC 737-500 with Fifty North mergePMDG 737-6/7/8/900Level D 767-300PMDG 747-400Lots of wonderful freeware airpots and only one payware: LPPR by Tropicalsim.

Great list, but you can never have all those mods running without FSX crashing on you every 5min

Great list, but you can never have all those mods running without FSX crashing on you every 5min
Not sure who you mean there, but the post above your's listed addons that mostly either run one at a time or are being run prior to even running FS.As for crashing, ummmm, no.Here is what I run whenever FSX is used:One of Various Aircraft, mostly the PMDG MD-11 or 747.Rex2.0GEXUTXFTXAESFSGenisisFSPassengersA2A Redux LightsUT2STBASEFSUIPCWIDEFSDBS Walk and FollowCustom AI soundsThere are tons of others, but mostly detailed aiports and such that I would need to be flying near to have considered in the list (Technically FTX would fall into that since it doesn't cover everywhere I fly).I get great performance in FSX with all the above running and can't remember the last time I "Crashed". I also run TrackIR and from the VC and run it all at a resolution of 5040x1050 across 3 monitors.Oh, and I often have many other programs running on my PC as well at the same time, un related to FSX :(.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Haven't had a crash for quite a long time here with the solutions posted in those threads. Have you tried them?

Here's what I have running in FSX concurrently without any crashes:ASE for weatherTrackIR softwareEZDOK cameraUVACARS flight loggerREX 2 texturesGEX USA ground texturesUTXAESFSGenesisA2A Redux LightsUltimate Traffic 2FSUIPC registeredPayware airports from FlyTampa and FSDTPMDG MD-11 or J4100 (among others)

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

Guest yurob70

I usePMDG MD-11Mega Airport Paris CDGFreez X Zurichand i gonna buyGEX EuropeMega Airport London HeathrowUTX EuropeReal Enviroment Xtreme 2Active Sky EvolutionFS Global 2010Yunus Aktas

I use:ActiveSky Advanced and now EvolutionPMDG 747-400 (boxed) w/ FS2CrewPMDG Jetstream 41 (My most flown aircraft now)CaptainSim 757 -200/200F/300Level-D 767-300 w/ FS2Crew Lotus Sim L39Aerosoft F16and I love all of them.

Not in any order!FSX Acceleration Ai carriers, with javiers nimitz VRS superbug X REX 2.0 (amazing) ORBX airports, they do amazing sceneryPMDG aircraft I don't own many addons but i do enjoy the ones i do... and yes im a jet junkie:P Cheers,Dylan Lampard

Guest p2409

Pretty consistent views on what's best What I've got/getting:- REX 2.0 (when I can muster up the guts to download the Gig upon Gig - it's huge!). The Hobart and Launceston freebie trial versions are fabulous, and they really capture the Australian look.- iFly - coz it was free, and damn good it is too, although not quite PMDG.- Wilco Airbus 1/2 - showing their age, but still good.- ORBX Southern Australia - fantastic, if you're interested in flying in that part of the world.- The Flight Sim SDKs and Visual C++ - coding gauges is the way to go. If you've got a programming background and you're still writing XML gauges, it's well worth switching over to C++. (If you can't code, probably not worth getting to a C++ standard if you're only interesting in the Flight Sim SDK as the XML functionality is so good).- xes1.3. This tool is the best (and cheapest: free) way to learn about SIDS/STARS and put them in your iFly/Wilco databases. Once you get the hang of the wonky screen interface building your own SIDS/STARS is a snap. It's also free software....the guy who wrote it has been very generous making it available IMHO, but he makes you sit a little online test before the full features of the software are available! He also explains the codes and a bit about the ARINC 424 standard.What I'd love to have:- ORBX's YBBN (Brisbane). You have to see this one to believe it! It's almost Avatar-like in its CGI (well, OK, not quite).- PMDG 747 - because everyone raves. Not cheap, but looking at all the postings on Avsim, sounds like it's worht every cent.What I removed/don't/didn't want:- FSX Acceleration - if you don't need the aircraft, I'm not sure it's worth the bugginess on a 64-bit system- Those silly LHR etc. XTreme sceneries. Don't understand how they get away with charging for it: I guess everyone wants Heathrow, it's a shame you have to pay so much for a so-so product. XTreme could take a leaf out of ORBX's book - their products are around the same price and far superior in quality.- Some 3rd party adventures - seems a very patchy market quality wise.- That funny FIDS system (Super Traffic Board). It's quite cute, but $29.95 worth? Another freeware in the waiting job I reckon.

For those that are using a water setting of 2X or higher in FSX check out FS Water configurator (FSWC). It's free and it changes the shader 2.0 settings. You can use themes or adjust the settings yourself.

Scenery/AI:SceneryTech USAGEX USAUTX USAREX 2.0Ultimate Traffic 2Aircraft:PMDG 747XPMDG MD-11XPMDG JS4100FlightSimLabs ConcordeXLeonardo MD82 Maddog 2008FeelThere/Wilco E-jets E170/190Captain Sim 727-100Captain Sim 757-200/200FCaptain Sim 767-300Captain Sim C-130JustFlight C-152Utilities:FSUIPC registered versionTOPCATFSBuildFPS LimiterNavigraph NDACNavigraph AIRAC data FS Copilot 1.3FSInn 1.7Hardware:TrackIR 4Saitek Pro Flight headsetSaitek Pro Flight yokeSaitek Pro Flight throttle quadrantSaitek rudder pedalsSaitek X52 HOTAS

Hi Everyone! I fly FSX Acceleration on Win7 64, i7-870, 8G, GTX-480Addons until now:Scenery/AI:HiFi X GraphicsFSX Vector EuropeMega Airport BudapestFlyTampa TNCMMy Traffic 5.3Aircraft:PMDG 747XCarenado Cessna Grand Caravan 208BDHC-6 Twin OtterCLS AIrbus pack ( never flew it , it was the first addon plane I bought, had many bugs)Ariane 737 900 NG X1 (my biggest mistake ever , poor product, bugs and missing "features", their support and forum is the biggest joke on earth, unfortunately not for people like me, spending the price of 3 other quality addons on a piece of overpriced bugs and graphically fancy not operating instruments ) Think not twice, but 10 times before buying !!!!!!Waiting for the 737NGX as many more :)Utilities:FSUIPC registered versionFSBuildFollowMeJoy:CH Yoke, Throttle quad. and Pro pedals

Some of it:FSXREX 2.0Mega airport ArlandaPmdg:744X/F747-8iMD-11A2A:Been blown away by the P-47 and B-17 Accu-sim ever since they were released!

Guest morpheous
Haven't had a crash for quite a long time here with the solutions posted in those threads. Have you tried them?
What threads are you referring to?

Guest wims

REX2GEXUTXWeather engine that havent been released yet (beta)FSUIPC40-50 World of AI packages for online trafficFSBuildA bunch of airports, both pay and freewareFSInn/FSCopilotAnd a whole host of utilities like FoxIt reader for charts, VATSpy for checking out where there's online ATC, FSACARS for automatic PIREPS etc.Probably forgot a bunch of stuff that I rarely / never use