Sign in to follow this  
Guest shelley1995

The Maldives

Guest shelley1995

Have purchased this scenery. Scenery is very nice.However I am having a problem with no ai traffic. I have been to their forums and the solution to that is to disable Woai if one is using that program of which I am. I don't really want to disable that.They also suggest that in order to get ai traffic, you can create a schedule.Is there a utility or something to do this? I don't know how as I've not done before.They have twin otter water taxis which I don't have because of the conflict with Woai.I am not to pleased about this. They also suggest to purchase My Traffic 2010.I will not do that. Thank you for your help.

From my understanding the WOAI packages are still in FS9 format, which will eliminate any FSX AI when installed. If this is the case, then it is the WOAI packages that are preventing your Maldives AI from not showing up and not a problem with the Maldives scenery.

Best, Michael

KDFW

If you have fs9 style traffic in FSX, it will diable FSX style traffic. You can convert the FS9 style traffic so don't worry. I don't know why they didn't give you a more detailed explanation unless they were trying to push MyTraffic2010. I just went over to the forum for Maldives and called them out on this. This type of stuff gives other payware companies a bad name.Anyway Here is the deal, you can convert all of that World of AI traffic over to FSX style very easily so don't worry. You will likely have to disable shadows with the Aerosoft scenery which is a trade off to using non-FSX ai aircraft. For me it is a non-issue.There are several utilities that do this I use AI flight Planner by Don Grovestine. I believe at is available at FS.com and other places. AIFP will search through your fsx install for non FSX traffic BGLS and convert all of them at one time with a couple clicks. Once it converts them, it will create FSX traffic .bgls. Don't forget to remove the old fs9 traffic .bgls when you are done.Even though they are being dishonest over at Aerosoft, I will probably buy this add on. I loved the old Lago version but it doesn't work in FSX and it was a little dated anyway Good Luck.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Even though they are being dishonest over at Aerosoft, I will probably buy this add on.
Dishonest??? You should maybe allow that Thorsten doesn't know everything there is to know about WoAI.This is a direct quote from his post, two above your own (where you accuse him of lying): "In the end you have to decide yourself: disable WoAI or try to create WoAI traffic for the Maldives (I wonder why there's no Maldivian traffic in WoAI anyway)." I don't see that, or any of his other posts, as pushing for MyTraffic.The entire thread is here: http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?sh...mp;#entry195947

Absolutely dishonest. The entire thread mentioned disabling world of ai, creating your own flight plans or buying MyTraffic 2010. It is like someone coming to your home to look at your air conditioner that doesn't blow cold air. They give you three options1. Stop using your air conditioner2. Buy a new air conditioner from them3. Fix it yourselfAnd they completely omit the fact that you just need to charge the freon. Would you use that HVAC guy again?It is not a matter of knowing everything there is to know about World of AI, it is about knowing about FSX. He certainly knows that the problem is with WofAI and not his scenery. If they don't know that the files can be converted by any number of programs that have been available since 2006, they are in the wrong business. Any seasoned FSX professional should know that it is possible and easy to convert the traffic. I shouldn't have to come in to their forums to tell them how to run FSX and I sincerely hope that no one ran off and bought MyTraffic2010 just because of that thread.If you feel I was too harsh and he admits that the files can be converted in the forum and he didn't previously know it was possible, I'll apologize. If it was a matter with one of our developers such as PMDG, CLS, Imaginesim, FlyTampa..., I'd give them the benefit of the doubt but Aerosoft is making a mint off off this community to the extent that they are going to create their own sim. I have little sympathy but I still will probably but the Maldives scenery :(

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

So you use AI intended for FS9 and ported to FSX, then buy FSX-dedicated scenery and complain when the developer of that scenery doesn't tell you how to make your obsolescent AI work? Isn't that a bit like blaming Ford when their Mustang engine won't fit in a pram you've home-brewed with a shopping trolley and roller skates?C'mon, accept some personal responsibility. Not everything is someone elses fault, you know. I'll look out for your post `over there` detailing for other simmers how you `fixed` it. You can become the resident expert on the merge.

Have purchased this scenery. Scenery is very nice.However I am having a problem with no ai traffic. I have been to their forums and the solution to that is to disable Woai if one is using that program of which I am. I don't really want to disable that.They also suggest that in order to get ai traffic, you can create a schedule.Is there a utility or something to do this? I don't know how as I've not done before.They have twin otter water taxis which I don't have because of the conflict with Woai.I am not to pleased about this. They also suggest to purchase My Traffic 2010.I will not do that. Thank you for your help.
Have you converted all your WOAI flight plane to the FSX format? If not, try using a utility like AIFPC to convert the WOAI flight plan bgl's to FSX format. Since I have done that I haven't had any problems using traffic from mulitple sources, like WOAI+UT2+addon AI from other scenery packages. Here's a link.http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/attachmen...mp;d=1184590100The only thing that may still give you problems is that some of the Aerosoft stuff won't display AI correctly if you have the A/C cast ground shadows turned on.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

So you use AI intended for FS9 and ported to FSX, then buy FSX-dedicated scenery and complain when the developer of that scenery doesn't tell you how to make your obsolescent AI work? Isn't that a bit like blaming Ford when their Mustang engine won't fit in a pram you've home-brewed with a shopping trolley and roller skates?C'mon, accept some personal responsibility. Not everything is someone elses fault, you know. I'll look out for your post `over there` detailing for other simmers how you `fixed` it. You can become the resident expert on the merge.
Na, I shouldn't be the expert. They are the experts. They created the scenery, they should know how it works. Either they are ignorant or scheisters.It is well known that you can convert FS9 traffic bgl's to FSX traffic bgl's. Sean knows it, he just posted the same thing. I'm not saying that every user should know this but the single largest FS developer/publisher on the freak'n planet should know it.And as far as personal responsibility goes, how abourt a little corporate responsibility? No where on the product page does it say it will disable your world of ai traffic. If someone wasn't FSX savvy and was using wofai, they wouldn't know what to expect. Why on earth are you expecting the consumer to know more about FSX than Aerosoft. Have we moved to the point that it is 100% buyer beware? Oh, and BTW Sean, who is in that picture? :(

Sorry for the noob question, but where World of AI bgl files are in the FSX folder structure??Thanks!!!!

Flavio Cardoso - P3Dv4.5 HF3

Win 10 Pro 64Bits - i74960X 4.5ghz - ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed. - Corsair H150i Platinum - 32gb  Ripjaws Z - ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER SC - MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics

No problem,Traffic files are located in the scenery/world/scenery folder. They will have "traffic" and "WoA" in the folder name. These are the files that need to be converted. For example, one of my traffic .bgls is namedTraffic_172_WoA_Nordic Regional_Su07_FSX.bglIf you run AIFP to convert the traffic, it will search all of FSX's folders to find all FS9 traffic bgl's so you can convert all of them at one time.

Have you converted all your WOAI flight plane to the FSX format? If not, try using a utility like AIFPC to convert the WOAI flight plan bgl's to FSX format. Since I have done that I haven't had any problems using traffic from mulitple sources, like WOAI+UT2+addon AI from other scenery packages. Here's a link.http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/attachmen...mp;d=1184590100The only thing that may still give you problems is that some of the Aerosoft stuff won't display AI correctly if you have the A/C cast ground shadows turned on.
There's another utility called "FS9 to FSX converter". made by Peter van der Veen. It actually checks and convert airport data and outputs eveything to FSX compatible bgls. Some airports changed names and locations from FS9 and must bet change in FSX. After I install WOAI packages, I can select them all and convert at one time.Bill M

Bill McIntyre

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel Core I7 6950X (10 core)@ 4.5, 32GB's Crucial Ballistics DDR4 MEM, 1 Crucial M.2 1TB SSD, 3 Crucial-2TB SSD, Corsair H115i CPU liquid cooler, NVIDIA RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, LG 34" Curved Monitor, 2 Dell 27" Monitors, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case.  FSX-SE, Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020, PD3 v5.2, WIN10 Pro x64                                                                                                                                             

There's another utility called "FS9 to FSX converter". made by Peter van der Veen. It actually checks and convert airport data and outputs eveything to FSX compatible bgls. Some airports changed names and locations from FS9 and must bet change in FSX. After I install WOAI packages, I can select them all and convert at one time.Bill M
That's good to know Bill. I will have to download it. I didn't know about some of the airports changing names and locations from FS9 to FSX. That's pretty cool that you can do a whole batch at once also. I remember doing 250 bgl's in AIFPC one at a time and it took a little while, lol.Regards

Na, I shouldn't be the expert. They are the experts. They created the scenery, they should know how it works. Either they are ignorant or scheisters.It is well known that you can convert FS9 traffic bgl's to FSX traffic bgl's. Sean knows it, he just posted the same thing. I'm not saying that every user should know this but the single largest FS developer/publisher on the freak'n planet should know it.And as far as personal responsibility goes, how abourt a little corporate responsibility? No where on the product page does it say it will disable your world of ai traffic. If someone wasn't FSX savvy and was using wofai, they wouldn't know what to expect. Why on earth are you expecting the consumer to know more about FSX than Aerosoft. Have we moved to the point that it is 100% buyer beware? Oh, and BTW Sean, who is in that picture? :(
True, they did create the scenery and they do know how it works, WOAI has nothing to do with their scenery. He didn't have to say anything about WOAI, but chose to tell users about the problem anyway. Hmm, maybe they just figured FSX users were using true FSX AI packages like they should in the first place.They should have no responsibility in telling users how to do anything with WOAI, only info on their own scenery which is what he has done. WOAI is a free d/l that you, the user choose to install. the responsibility falls on the user and WOAI, not Aerosoft. If anything get mad at WOAI for not providing converted files for FSX users.He has a very valid point when he posted "....complain about others still developing FS9 software and call it fsx addons". We desperatly need new categories for ports and such to help keep users from getting confused and installing addons that are not true FSX addons and then wondering why they are having problems.

Best, Michael

KDFW

Yeah, I agree Jeff. I am a little put off by some of the things they suggest to solve problems over at Aerosoft. I won't go into details, but after the Nice X package I bought and some of the things they said or claimed about why it wasn't working right, really got me wondering how much they really know about developing products. I ran some of their comments and suggestions by a few other developers who will remain nameless, but they said most of what they told me was nonsense and that their guys just aren't as experienced or know what they are doing as well as some other developers do.I think that Aerosoft has gotten to the point where they put too much effort into developing products quickly to deliver to market, rather than taking the time to put out a really solid product like FSDT and FlyTampa do. In fact, Mathijs said once something to the effect of "well, how many products do FSDT and FlyTampa put out per year?" Just that statement alone made me really realize that they put a premium on quantity of products over quality of produsts. Not to say that all their products have issues, but it seems that a lot of the newer ones do. Seems that their aircraft are pretty good, but going forward I probably wont be buying any aiports that they have developed due to some of the more recent issues with shadows and lack of mipping.Just my .02. YMMV

Guest shelley1995

Thank you much for replying. I hope I don't sound 'stupid". You guys mentioned a couple of utilities to useto convert bgl. Ok I dowlaoded the AIFP . I see no instructions on how to use.This part of flight sim is all new to me. I suppose it's never to late to learn.So can someone here tell me what to do with AIFP ? This airport is dead right now. Thank you much.