Sign in to follow this  
rebelion3011

You are the best...but

Kanakakis,Do a bit of research before you post regarding trip lengths on the 744/MD11Have a look at some of the routes BA/Japan Air/Fedex/UPS/Cargolux/GSS/ etc etc Short routes are not uncommon with the 744/MD11 especially on the freight side of things, Japan Air use the 744 without winglets for shorthauls everyday.I also pointed out a few day's ago that I often flew Bahrain - Doha to commute to work on the 777/747 A whopping great 90nm http://www.vataware.com/flight.cfm?id=4934210 And that includes my drive to the Airport..So what's this Arcade rubbish your talking about?

Rob Prest

The fact that I can fly a 747 in my own house is a damn miracle!Put that in your pipe and smoke it!

My friend PMDG build aircrafts for hardcore users, i thing it because almost all the systems are acurate,and yes FSX is a flight sim....and if aircrafts of PMDG are hardcore then you must use it to SIMULATE not ARCADE as in real life flights and not making a trip of 150 miles with the 747 or MD-11.If you want to use it like this you can do it but you dont simulate ...you are playing ARCADE GAME..so you can play default airplanes which are for free!! Just think about it.
Arcade? Because of doing short hops? Why? Why not use your imagination a little bit? A company has a large load of cargo in NZAA that needs to be moved to NZCH and the 747 is the only plane that can do it due to the nose door. That is NOT unrealistic, it's completely possible and since I calculate out fuel loads, plan the flights in FSBuild and usually start the plane from a cold & dark state I don't see how it went from being a simulation to an arcade game. Just because "the distance wasn't enough". Come on.What about test flights? Taking off from KPAE and flying around by hand for awhile with the gear down at slow speeds and coming in for a landing at KBFI. That is something I greatly enjoy as well. You can't tell me that isn't realistic. Probably every Boeing test plane has done this many many times. Do stuff like that and throw an engine flameout in. Uh oh, the brand new plane has a flight test problem, it needs to be checked out when we return to KBFI.But, if you want to go on thinking that you have to fly from London to LA or from Hong Kong to Toronto or Australia to the US just because it's a 747 then I feel sorry for you. Use your imagination and have fun. Just because you're having fun doesn't turn it from a simulation to a game.Jeff Calder

Jeff Calder

True enough, but there is something somewhat ridiculous loading up a 747 for a hop from, say, O'Hare to Cleveland.
There are a number of flights to JFK that start from Amsterdam to heathrow first, then to JFK so like others say just use your imagination.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

NS! I can remember my 1st sim experience like it was yesterday. It was JFK in a box, some assembly required. Inside the box was a cardboard trifold with some plastic stuff that represented the terminals and airliners. Dec. 25, 1969. ....Maybe it wasn't plastic. Was plastic even around in 69? :(

The fact that I can fly a 747 in my own house is a damn miracle!Put that in your pipe and smoke it!

NS! I can remember my 1st sim experience like it was yesterday. It was JFK in a box, some assembly required. Inside the box was a cardboard trifold with some plastic stuff that represented the terminals and airliners. Dec. 25, 1969. ....Maybe it wasn't plastic. Was plastic even around in 69? :(
LOL Those were the days!.......oh wait i wasn't born yet my mom was 8?

....Maybe it wasn't plastic. Was plastic even around in 69? :(
Of course not, even wood didn't exist yet, back then ! :( (Sorry, couldn't resist) :( Bruno

There are a number of flights to JFK that start from Amsterdam to heathrow first, then to JFK so like others say just use your imagination.
Oh, Dave, I do. I've done all sorts of different things with the bird. As I mentioned before, I'm a big fan of what used to be BAW 357, from LFMN to EGLL. They have run it with a 744, although they appear to have nixed it. All I'm suggesting is that with the NGX, is that there are even more great options; its so heavily used, that there is an endless array of "real" flights to do. But, don't worry, I'll be flying the -8 around, presumably this weekend.

Oh, Dave, I do. I've done all sorts of different things with the bird. As I mentioned before, I'm a big fan of what used to be BAW 357, from LFMN to EGLL. They have run it with a 744, although they appear to have nixed it. All I'm suggesting is that with the NGX, is that there are even more great options; its so heavily used, that there is an endless array of "real" flights to do. But, don't worry, I'll be flying the -8 around, presumably this weekend.
I cannot see myself flying anything else when the NGX comes out and yes i agree/see your point :)

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Guest Captain787

Sorry! I have to say! :( I think, If PMDG expects B757 or B767 or A32X today ,

Just to add - there is no less fun to do a 100 NM flight with a big baby...

Regards,

Martin Martinov / VATSIM 1207931

Using a MD11 for short hauls is very realistic. Do a flightaware search of KSDF. Daily roudtrips to KORD, KSTL,KCLE,KDTW and KMCI. The KCLE flight is 30 minutes.

Richie Walsh

My friend PMDG build aircrafts for hardcore users, i thing it because almost all the systems are acurate,and yes FSX is a flight sim....and if aircrafts of PMDG are hardcore then you must use it to SIMULATE not ARCADE as in real life flights and not making a trip of 150 miles with the 747 or MD-11.If you want to use it like this you can do it but you dont simulate ...you are playing ARCADE GAME..so you can play default airplanes which are for free!! Just think about it.Anyway i believe when NGX comes we will be all happy.For the airbus maybe PMDG dont have access to the data of the aircraft to simulate it so ..THEY KNOW BETTER.FOr the time we have an aircraft J-41 i believe PMDG buld more like this.A BAE-146 will be excellant!!Thanks
What you said makes no sense at all. You'll aways end up at the question: who decides what is REALLY simulating and realistic in FS? The answer is: you decide. Decisions and toughts of many people together makes consensus about something. Consensus about stuff is what PMDG takes on their heads when considering what planes to build, what is realistic and what's not.Otherwise, I would say to you: "do you fly in FS with a cap in your head? Do you shut the door in your room and don't talk to anyone? Do you watch TV or use MSN while Flying? You do? Than you're playing arcade, because I don't."That's silly. It doens't work like that. It's up to you to decide at witch level of realism you're taking FS to. It's not about being a "prisoner" of reality or realism. If it was, there wouldn't be people sitll flying with Pan Am airplanes on FS.It's all about simulation + imagination.Think on that. It has to be fun.

I'd be happy to see them all and in a recent post I begged/implored PMDG to rapidly expand their development house. I agree with the basic premise put forth by the OP: there are no others in PMDG's league who are actively producing... none. I say this as a man who has paid good money to try just about all the others. Time and time again, I come away SORELY disappointed with the competition. PMDG has it right and we need as much as they'll give us:- NGX - Abso-freaking-lutely. This is a "signature" series for them and my gut tellsme they're going to win big with this one.- 777 - YES! It is not only underrepresented, but it is an important part of the Boeing stable- AIRBUS - YES! do the whole familyI could go on and on, but PMDG is the last word and I see no other contenders who are able to deliver SIMULATION-quality addons.

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

Sorry! I have to say! :( Apart from being in the wrong thread, why would we need another Boeing anyway ? What is it you think the 777 will offer that the 747 and the NGX can't provide? Same cockpit, same avionics, same procedures, same manuals? What is it you hope to learn by flying one that you don't already know?
Expect to have in the future, the 314, 307, 377, 717, 707, 727, 757, 767, 777 and 787 PMDG add-on planes :( Benjamin