Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

scott967

Got $400 burning a hole in your pocket?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Seems interesting, but I think I will put my funds into CPU - MBhttp://x65f.gameshark.com/scott s..
Looks nice. Though 400 for a stick... I dunno. Most of simmers fly commercials here, stick is mostly for fighters and maybe an Airbus...

From your avatar I take it you will be using in a Cirrus?scott s..
Nope... I have a real Cirrus... no need for one in the sim. :( I plan to use it in military aircraft only - just as I use the Saitek yoke only for airliners, corp jets, etc...

Speak to us about using a joystick & yoke for different aircraft!I've thought about doing that for some time, as I have my old faithful CH Yoke mounted to the desk, but there have been occasions where I'd like to throw around a joystick (Airbus, aerobatics, military) rather than the yoke. Are there any gotchas for using the two controllers, or is it more of a unplug/plug and play scenario?

This is NOT a FFB stick. It is a force sensing stick, i.e. it's a fixed stick (e.g. moves only ever so slightly) that senses the pressure your exerting. For some it's awesome; for me it's of no value.

This is NOT a FFB stick. It is a force sensing stick, i.e. it's a fixed stick (e.g. moves only ever so slightly) that senses the pressure your exerting. For some it's awesome; for me it's of no value.
It actually doesn't move AT ALL... I've been using it non-stop since I got it and it is one of the most precise sticks you'll ever use. Best $400 bucks I've ever spent! It's not for the closed-minded... you have to be open-minded to use it. It works entirely on wrist pressure... not arm/hand movement.It's definitely not an airliner stick, though.. its only for fighters!
Nope... I have a real Cirrus... no need for one in the sim. :( I plan to use it in military aircraft only - just as I use the Saitek yoke only for airliners, corp jets, etc...
I leave them all plugged in and I have no conflicts at all... just to be safe, though, I always disable the X and Y axis of the controller I'm not using.. just so there's no interference!

Speak to us about using a joystick & yoke for different aircraft!I've thought about doing that for some time, as I have my old faithful CH Yoke mounted to the desk, but there have been occasions where I'd like to throw around a joystick (Airbus, aerobatics, military) rather than the yoke. Are there any gotchas for using the two controllers, or is it more of a unplug/plug and play scenario?
No problem if you use "Aircraft specific" assignments in FSUIPC. I have both yoke and stick connected to different USB connectors and one is located on the front of the 'puter. So if I'm worried about a little conflict, and it does happen once in a while, I just disconnect the stick.Jim D.