Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

Graphics corruption in FSX - (UPDATE: possible solution found!)

the ConcordeX's sound.cfg in it's sound directory
I tried that and it causes me to lose sound externally, and I lost engine sounds internally.

I tried that and it causes me to lose sound externally, and I lost engine sounds internally.
True but did the texture corruptions go away???

True but did the texture corruptions go away???
Not sure, as I gave up on that quickly. Oddly enough, the following steps seem to have worked so far:Installed everything as AdministratorDisable UACDisable DEPDisable AeroInstalled FSX Acceleration according to NickN's guideInstalled and activated FSX SDK (both SP1 and Acceleration)Activated simconnect.dll filesuiautomation.dll in FSX directorymscvr71.dll in FSX directorySet FSX to run as Administrator and in Vista SP2 compatibility modeFSUIPC 4.6 registered versionReduced sound quality from DVD to CD using the Realtek HD Audio ManagerReducing FPS limiter to 25fpsRemoving the [bUFFERPOOLS] fsx.cfg tweakInstalling normal resolution texturesSet texture max load to 2048Setting the texture bandwidth mult to 80,Allow the aircraft and REX 2.0 to fully initialize before changing options or viewsBefore I access the Concorde options menu, I pause the simulatorI tested by changing views from internal/external/2D/VC, flying the aircraft around KLAX, KJFK, and EGLL both day, dusk, and night, as well as spawning the aircraft at different airports. I was also able to access the ConcordeX options menu without problems. The only issue I caught at the moment was an FSX CTD upon exiting the simulator. Unfortunately, I don't have time right now to do further testing.

Guest 413X3

What about flying during dusk then when it switches to night do the textures change properly?

What about flying during dusk then when it switches to night do the textures change properly?
I will check tomorrow.

Dare I say it... success! First flight with the MD-11 and no foul-ups. Just finished a four hour twenty-five minute flight from Vancouver to Montreal where normally when I attempt to enlarge VC displays or access the FMC to check progress there is either a jolting freeze-up or a CTD. I completed the flight with full ASE weather, Electronic Flight Bag and TrackIr5 running after disabling PMDG sound gauges as per Ryan's post. I heard the engine and FSX environmental sounds and had full REx (4096) textures, GEx, UTx, UT2 generated graphics, did not change any of my FSX sliders either. I thinned my .cfg out by removing Max_Load_Trees and Max_Load_Buildings as the values hinder FSX performance. FSX SettingsBufferPools setting: 85000000TBM 80WideView Aspect=TrueSystemASUS P5Q with Realtek ALC1200 onboard soundIntel E8600 Core 2 Duo OC @ 4 GHzEvga GTX 275 896Mb DDR34GB OCZ PC2-6400 DDR2 ReaperX 1066 MHzWin Vista 64 I downloaded and installed the newest RealTek audio driver 6.0.1.6077 dated 3/26/2010.The flight transitioned from daylight to dusk to total darkness, I enlarged the VC displays, viewed the systems pages, accessed all 3 FMC'c and changed through various pages, switched between window and full screen, to and from the menu, paused, replayed and no texture corruptions whatsoever. Here is a screenshot after replaying the landing where normally the screen would have been completely black or the textures were totally corrupt. This has been the most pleasing flight in a long time and I hope to read about more success. Should a fix be found will it most likely be on the hardware/driver side?

\Robert Hamlich/

It's not clear what shape a fix would take just yet. Could involve a number of things.
Ryan,I don't own any PMDG A/C I fly exclusively the Level-DHowever, I did experience the 'skeleton' plane (dissapearing textures) problem.. not only that, I was able to replicate the problem, 100% of the time with a very specific situation file I created a while ago. since I was able to replicate the problem, I was able to solve it after countless hours of trial and error. I think its worth mentioning that the situation file I used was with the default Cessna, this is an FSX issue, and happens because we are exceding its limits :) the good news, is that it can be changed.Now, the 'solution' is not what I would consider something people would like to try... so, I suggest the following, find someone that can replicate the dissapearing textures problem 100% of the time and I'll tell you exacly what to change.The change involves increasing the MAX_BONES value in the shader files, and also changing the intial Render State for texture addressing from 'Wrap' to 'Clamp' also, in the shader files.I'm confident this is a permanent solution, but as I said, in order to 'prove it' you'll have to first create a situation file to replicate the problem 100% of the time.this only addresses the 'skeleton plane' problem, but includes scenery building textures as well.. send me a private message and lets discuss this further if you want.

DX10 preview mode seems to solve this problem too. Not sure why, but it's a better bet if you don't want to lose your sounds (and have compatible hardware).Regards,Tom

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

DX10 preview mode seems to solve this problem too. Not sure why, but it's a better bet if you don't want to lose your sounds (and have compatible hardware).Regards,Tom
Sorry, DX10 does not remove this issue for me at all. I prefer DX10 and can get a longer flight before the CTD/black screen than by using DX9 but there is still an issue with something else.Greg B

Greg B

DX10 causes the ADI to turn grey in the VC of the Concorde-X.

I should be getting delivery of an i7 975 today, and I have to decide what motherboard to buy for it.What I'd like to do is buy one that does NOT have this problem, or at least can be set (say via thesound quality change?) to avoid it.Can readers here that have an X58 based machine and have NOT experienced this issue tell me what your mobo is please?Oh, and *******, about your "solution", did you not say this broke older FS9 ported a/c?? If you'vecome up with a way to make it compatible I'd be happy to test something.Regards,

Jack F. Vogel, Delta Virtual Airlines

Oh, and *******, about your "solution", did you not say this broke older FS9 ported a/c?? If you'vecome up with a way to make it compatible I'd be happy to test something.
I'm exploring other options :) but you are right... it breaks FS2004 A/C so, its not a 'solution' for everyone.

Guest Shockwave
I should be getting delivery of an i7 975 today, and I have to decide what motherboard to buy for it.What I'd like to do is buy one that does NOT have this problem, or at least can be set (say via thesound quality change?) to avoid it.Can readers here that have an X58 based machine and have NOT experienced this issue tell me what your mobo is please?Oh, and *******, about your "solution", did you not say this broke older FS9 ported a/c?? If you'vecome up with a way to make it compatible I'd be happy to test something.Regards,
You might want to be thinking which OS to run FSX under instead of which MB to solve the problem if you want to run max add-ons and max settings.Ask how many here with this issue are on Vista/Win7 or XP64-SP2.BTW - the ASUS P6X58D is one solid board.

You might want to be thinking which OS to run FSX under instead of which MB to solve the problem if you want to run max add-ons and max settings.Ask how many here with this issue are on Vista/Win7 or XP64-SP2.BTW - the ASUS P6X58D is one solid board.
Yes, I know, I may make an XP64 partition for that, but I would rather be able to run under Win 7.So that board is the one with Realtec audio that can be set down, yes?Thanks,

Jack F. Vogel, Delta Virtual Airlines