Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

Graphics corruption in FSX - (UPDATE: possible solution found!)

Sounds like it worked LOL LOL Funk ;) I find it ironic that ******* found it especially with Easter around the corner.
We are all trying to resurrect FSX here!! with the HIGHMEMFIX=1 we did just that :) ******* is your savior! repent sinners repent!

Guest Speedbird5

No No no you dont Quite Understand my FSX FPS has trebble :( this Info Must get posted on avsim ASAP... This could bring FSX to a compleatly new stage!!!.. Why did it stay under lock n keeps for so long?? i mean ##### this small Bit of Info is worth Quite alot of money... it think we all owe ******* a Beer!. Never ... ever...ever....ever in my time have i ever seen my system run fsx that sweet at max... errrrm evreything!!! 90 - 100 Fps in the air at FL320 thats unherd of right???

No No no you dont Quite Understand my FSX FPS has trebble :( this Info Must get posted on avsim ASAP... This could bring FSX to a compleatly new stage!!!.. Why did it stay under lock n keeps for so long?? i mean ##### this small Bit of Info is worth Quite alot of money... it think we all owe ******* a Beer!. Never ... ever...ever....ever in my time have i ever seen my system run fsx that sweet at max... errrrm evreything!!! 90 - 100 Fps in the air at FL320 thats unherd of right???
Upon further testing, I still have not seen a crash when alt-tabbing (tried out the JS41 which is a constant offender). I tried various permutations of your tweaks along w/ Nick's guide, and I've found the best balance for my setup is per Nick's guide for nhancer/fsx menus and your tweaks in fsx.cfg.I did find that leaving bufferpools = 200000000 on my gtx260 caused texture flashes to go away that I got when set to 0. Nice work again....glad a had some time to play with it tonight.Thanks!

@jesusIm still a little cautious *******, as i only ever get this problem with concorde, and i can "deal wid it"But i am really not happy to get rid of nhancer,, does this mean your solution will not work with me if i am being "stubborn" with trying to keep nhancer?

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

For me, the fix works with Nhancer, even with combined 8xS -

...[GRAPHICS]SHADER_CACHE_VERSION=1 // it 're-builds' the Shader Cache (good to do on every fsx.cfg change) just enter a random number (versioning)HIGHMEMFIX=1STALE_BUFFER_THRESHOLD=2147483647 // (2048 megabytes)...
At last. These settings seem to do the trick on my PC.Well done and many thanks.Tim

Is the bufferpool=0 config the only setting there to increase frame rates please?I copied your fsx.cfg and still getting 15-20 fps in EGLL. I saw your bufferpool tweak in another thread a couple of days ago and used it before doing all this, and actually performance improved by some valuable 3-5 fps (not even close to Alex's improvement, but still)I still can see flashing textures, but I'm not sure if this is also meant to solve that.Haven't had any crashes / black screens ever since, so although I haven't flown too much yet, I think it's workingThanks ******* :)

We are all trying to resurrect FSX here!! with the HIGHMEMFIX=1 we did just that :) ******* is your savior! repent sinners repent!
*******, Quick question... what .cfg entries are relative to W7 may not be the same for XP or Vista for that matter, correct? There are a few interesting edits that I would like to try on my Vista64 but I am not sure which ones I could add to my .cfgSo, as a favor, could you post only the edits in a comprehensive list and then perhaps give a breakdown of which to add to each OS? That would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

\Robert Hamlich/

Quick question... what .cfg entries are relative to W7 may not be the same for XP or Vista for that matter, correct?
Actually, they are not OS specific. you could 'in theory' try them in VISTA and XP without problems. HIGHMEMFIX is more dependant on 'type' of OS, for example.. a 32-Bit OS without the userva 3G Switch will never experience corrupted textures!! he will get an OOM first :) I guess thats why MS did not include HIGHMEMFIX, at the time, 64 bit OSes were not common, so it was not needed.

Guest rdg

Hi *******,First of all thanks for this contribution as they do not come around to us fast enough IMO. I am just a little confused about the different entries. There were a couple of added posts by you, other than the main changes that you posted which also contained some changes not only to the fsx.cfg but another cfg file. So, because of that I was wondering if you could post all the changes in one post and any side notes that might be helpful. It seems that the highmemfix was one that had the biggest impact, but there were others and it just seemed to me that they were a bit scattered among a few posts by you. Also, many users do use enhancer including myself and I personally do not let FSX manage the AA or Anisio except one time just to test. If we do follow your lead and allow FSX to manage this, are we still able to enhance those settings? AA and Anisio ended up not really providing the clarity that I had been used to when compared to the settings I used (Nick_N) with enhancer.Having this well documented would be a real plus to many I am sure. I know that everyones time is valuable and do not wish to intrude on your time, but having the clarity on all the settings will help eliminate many questions I am sure.RegardsBob

Hi *******,First of all thanks for this contribution as they do not come around to us fast enough IMO. I am just a little confused about the different entries. There were a couple of added posts by you, other than the main changes that you posted which also contained some changes not only to the fsx.cfg but another cfg file. So, because of that I was wondering if you could post all the changes in one post and any side notes that might be helpful. It seems that the highmemfix was one that had the biggest impact, but there were others and it just seemed to me that they were a bit scattered among a few posts by you. Also, many users do use enhancer including myself and I personally do not let FSX manage the AA or Anisio except one time just to test. If we do follow your lead and allow FSX to manage this, are we still able to enhance those settings? AA and Anisio ended up not really providing the clarity that I had been used to whebn compared to the settings I used (Nick_N) with enhancer.Having this well documented would be a real plus to many I am sure. I know that everyones time is valuable and do not wish to intrude on your time, but having the clarity on all the settings will help eliminate many questions I am sure.RegardsBob
For 90% of people, the HIGHMEMFIX=1 will do just fine. with no other added lines or even the need to remove nhancer. However (and I think this to be an error in judgement on my part) my specific test scenario (as you can see in my CFG file) includes a particular set of options that STRESS my video excesively. Those options are UsePools=0 and Extremely Dense Autogen & SceneryUnder 'that' unlikely scenario, a very specific set of lines are needed (and which I explained in the original post) So, to answer your question, will just adding HIGHMEMFIX=1 work? yes. You can keep nHancer. And, I agree... I'll write a full PDF document with all the details... I think a lot of the information is scattered

Guest UlfB

I posted this in another thread in the FSX forum, but I thing I should post my finding here as well:------------------------------*******,Thanks for you efforts to investigate the HIGHMEMFIX setting :( I made some test flights with the PMDG 747X at KSEA. With my default fsx.cfg I lost textures in the VC during the flight. After a couple of minutes a CTD. I changed views a lot just to stress FSX.I then lowered some display settings (TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD from 4096 to 1024 and LOD_RADIUS from 6.5 to 4.5). No CTD but I still lost my textures in the VC during the flight.I then added HIGHMEMFIX=1 and STALE_BUFFER_THRESHOLD=2147483647YES. No CTDs and no loss of textures in the VC. Very nice! This is a good tweak :(------------------------------

So is the STALE_BUFFER_THRESHOLD line only to be used for 32bit systems or is it actually meant for 64bit systems? What would happen I increased that number....just out of curiosity?

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda