Sign in to follow this  
Scope

Framerates in upcoming 737NG

There should be no complaints with any of PMDG's products, especially the 737NGX about framerates, as long as you have the right specs for use. Regards,Dave

There should be no complaints with any of PMDG's products, especially the 737NGX about framerates, as long as you have the right specs for use. Regards,Dave
Witch costs as much as PPL. Great. Fortunately CPUs become faster and cheaper, but it will take few more years for average FSX user to get CPU with power of i7 980X

Hi all, Just got a quote for this system. Not cheap but intend to make this last a good few years with FSX.What do you experts reckon this is like?Intel

To save cost i would downgrade that i7 to 930 and then overclockThe price is ridiculus!I run my I7 930 @3.83 with air coolingAlex

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

True, go for 980X (if money is not an issue) or 930/860 and OC, and no, there's no performance boost from triple memory channel ;)

Cheers for the input guys. Will jiggle around and see what I come up with.

Just to add some data to the conversation, for those who are able to upgrade grafics, a couple of GTX 460 in SLI mode have great performance (better then a single GTX 480) for about U$ 450.00. And as Ryan said, overclocking is the fast way to achieve better CPU performance. A pre-built liquid cooling kit is a good way to improve the cooling necessary to extreme overclocking (it can helps you turn your HT back on, Ryan).

Benji,That system build looks great to me - I agree with maybe getting a 920 or 930 and OCing it though.Felipe,In a GPU limited game engine that might be true, but I'd bet the single 480 is still faster for FS.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Another point I want to make regarding the quad core, I have disabled two of my cores in the bios and I am still getting the FSX running at the same frame rates and running smoothly.
That's exactly why Intel outperforms AMD. Intel's single core is much faster, and FSX is application that mostly uses one core.

I wouldn't want to start an AMD vs Intel argument, but I don't agree. There's nothing new in AMD CPUs architecture since the Athlons came out.AMD is ok, I guess that's a typo there and your CPU is a 955, which is a better choice than mine price/permormace wise, but based on what I see in single core benchmarks I7 is still well ahead any AMD CPU (15 -20%) clock for clock and they overclock better.We still might find we went the right direction if next year the AMD bulldozer lives up to the expectations and is AM3 compatible

I don't quite entirely agree with your statement, infact I am using the AMD Phenom II X4 995 and it has been overclocked @ 3.6 and is running the FSX very smoothly. Not only for FSX but for many other games also.Another point I want to make regarding the quad core, I have disabled two of my cores in the bios and I am still getting the FSX running at the same frame rates and running smoothly.The AMD is doing far better than Intel at the moment. That is why Intel had to drop their prices.Dez

Witch costs as much as PPL. Great. Fortunately CPUs become faster and cheaper, but it will take few more years for average FSX user to get CPU with power of i7 980X
It's amazing to think that you could just about get a PPL for the cost of a computer to run a flight sim, lol.BTW Grzegorz, witch is a mean old lady that flys around on a broom and casts spells on people. Which is the word your looking for in your posts. :-)Sean Campbell

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Hi Sean, well I'm trying hard but I can barely understand Your post. About prices: in Poland PPL costs betwen 20.000-30.000zl, (witch is expensive) but in Czech Republic the price is about 10.000zl witch is at this moment something about 3200$, and I see that there are people eager to pay that amount of cash for PC, of course You need something to fly, yeah I know that, but compact planes costs as much as cars so...EDIT:I believe that every pilot will agree, that flying even smallest and most basic airplane can't even be compared to PC game...

go for the i7 920 a i7 980 is waste of money an i7 920 3,6 is fine 3,6 or 4 ghz does NOTHING to fsxthe fsx codes er bad written,thats the real problem.i have a i7 920 clocked at 3,6 ghz and a gtx 280 and my fsx is runnig fine everything over 15-20 fps in fsx is flyabel.

Benji,That system build looks great to me - I agree with maybe getting a 920 or 930 and OCing it though.Felipe,In a GPU limited game engine that might be true, but I'd bet the single 480 is still faster for FS.
Thanks Ryan and others.Think I will gowith the 930 and OC.Let you know how she flies!

Hi Sean, well I'm trying hard but I can barely understand Your post. About prices: in Poland PPL costs betwen 20.000-30.000zl, (witch is expensive) but in Czech Republic the price is about 10.000zl witch is at this moment something about 3200$, and I see that there are people eager to pay that amount of cash for PC, of course You need something to fly, yeah I know that, but compact planes costs as much as cars so...EDIT:I believe that every pilot will agree, that flying even smallest and most basic airplane can't even be compared to PC game...
No problem I was just agreeing with you. Also since English isn't your native language I was pointing out that when you use the word Witch, like you did above when you said "witch is expensive", its actually which, not witch. The word witch in English is fictional character (female) that wears a black outfit with a pointy hat and flys around on a broom. Although some people in real life claim to be witches as well, in fact I think my ex-wife was one, or maybe her title started with a B rather than a W, lol.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator