Sign in to follow this  
Turbine777

What Airport is closest to you?

I live about 9 miles south of KLAX in Redondo Beach,CA.Dilip

About 5 miles from KDFW. Work there too!

NAX669.png

Guest yoshua

huh closest airfield to me is paine field(boeing plant)

EGSS- STN London Stansted. For NG fans it is packed with Ryanair 738s.Closest airstrip is EGSL Andrewsfield where I fly from. Ex 9th AF base where they flew B26s during the war.

The closest airfield would be EGNL Walney Island....10 miles.The closest major airport is probably EGNM Leeds Bradford....80 miles.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

LOLW (~ 5miles)Larger Airport LOWL (~10miles)LOWL is kind of interesting as its a rather small airport. The north Apron is commercial and GA. The southern Part is military. Even though the airport is small (commercial Aircrafts up to A321 / 737), we sometimes have special visitors due to our pretty decent runway length. The largest visitor were AN224 (Cargo Operation), A380 (Lufthansa Training Flight) and MD11. Apparently they're coming in to seldom. br, alex

Closest major airport is EGBB (Birmingham UK) about 25 miles away. Closest airport is EGBE (Coventry) about 15 miles away.Iain Smith

LEBL or LEGE for major airports, but LESU for local.http://www.laseuairport.com/index.htmlLive in AndorraGeorge Watkinson-Yull

I'm 2 nm from rwy 06 at EGLF (and just to one side of the glidepath, which doesn't stop them from taking off right over my roof, but you know what these pilots are like....). :( Farnborough is probably best known for the bi-annual International Airshow, of course, but what is less well known is that it is now a private airfield owned by TAG Aviation (see this link for info and pictures) who have spent a great deal of money on it, including providing full ILS and other state of the art additions.Its space-age looks led to it being used in a recent Bond film, but the real attraction is its close proximity to London, and the fact that it is mainly used for business jets and the luxury end of the market — although one does also see a few freighters going in and out from time to time.If you're looking for a different destination that's easy to find, give it a try! Mind you, given its close proximity to London Heathrow, RAF Odiham, and Blackbushe, it needs to be approached with care..... :(

Brian747-500x105-Avsim.jpg

Guest JoshMalone

2 miles east of KACK-Nantucket Memorial. Its the 2nd busiest next to JFK in new england.

KSNA (Orange County) about 4 milesWhen I lived in Oklahoma it was 2OK2 (Private airport. Taxiway was off my backyard and my hangar)

For me it's:KBOS for major airport (25 minutes away) & closest airstrip of any kind is KLWM about a 5 minute drive.
Dan, I'm in the neighborhood, located between KBED and 6B6-Minuteman Airfield. My house is almost beneath the approach path to KBED's Rwy 11 so I enjoy watching the various business jets inbound at 1900 feet on their descent.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

Dan, I'm in the neighborhood, located between KBED and 6B6-Minuteman Airfield. My house is almost beneath the approach path to KBED's Rwy 11 so I enjoy watching the various business jets inbound at 1900 feet on their descent.
Nice! I thought I was the only MI TRIED TO USE A PROFANITY HERE - AREN'T I STUPID! into flight sims :( (MI TRIED TO USE A PROFANITY HERE - AREN'T I STUPID! for Massachusetts guys, it wasn't a typo ;-)I'm not that far from KBED currently, I'm right on Martins Pond in North Reading. The winds have been great and been getting some great glimpses of all sorts of heavies inbound for KBOS RW22R & L as well as 15R. I can almost make out the tire treads :)*Haha, just noticed your banner. MI TRIED TO USE A PROFANITY HERE - AREN'T I STUPID!s think alike it seems.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

KORD - Chicago O'Hare International Airport. 10 minutes from my house. I can see airplanes approaching runways 28, 27L, 27R, 22L and 22R from my balcony.