Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

Some Dirt on the PMDG 737 NGX

Once again, Its hard to wait for NGX however PMDG is most likely finishing up the last details on the aircraft. In everybody's interest to keep a level head and wait a bit longer for the NGX.

Whether or not that includes the VSD, I don't know.
Ehrm, obviously not...! :(:( LOLsig.gif

And when someone has a chance to fly in one of those simulators, I feel disappointed when this is how they react, by just goofing off.
To be fair, I think Jamie was goofing off and Adam was simply lost. I do like the show too, but it was kind of a silly experiment and didn't have their usual level of scientific inquiry. Can a guy who has never sat in a real or simulated cockpit land a plane? Probably not. I suspect someone who has never been in a car couldn't drive one either. What would have been more interesting is what level of skill would be necessary? Kid who plays lots of FSX, low time private pilot, etc. Likewise, if Jamie, and especially Adam, got a 30 discussion of how to read the cockpit instruments, that alone might improve their chances.

To be fair, I think Jamie was goofing off and Adam was simply lost. I do like the show too, but it was kind of a silly experiment and didn't have their usual level of scientific inquiry. Can a guy who has never sat in a real or simulated cockpit land a plane? Probably not. I suspect someone who has never been in a car couldn't drive one either. What would have been more interesting is what level of skill would be necessary? Kid who plays lots of FSX, low time private pilot, etc. Likewise, if Jamie, and especially Adam, got a 30 discussion of how to read the cockpit instruments, that alone might improve their chances.
I agree with this.The whole thing just seemed off to me because they usually are so based in science and safety, that when they get a chance to go into a full motion flight simulator, he just acted like a goof instead of actually trying to figure it out. But some blame has to be on the guy who seemed to be observing the whole thing. He just laughed when he was doing stupid stunts instead of telling him the limitations and restrictions associated to ariliner flight.And the fact that neither of them could figure out that the big stick in the middle of the panel controls the landing gear (I knew that when I was just a lad from watching Execute Decision!)...thank goodness they are not pilots I guess.

Scott Kalin VATSIM #1125397 - KPSP Palm Springs International Airport
Space Shuttle (SSMS2007) http://www.space-shu....com/index.html
Orbiter 2010P1 http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/

You can do that with the Duke from Realair.David Di Domizio
Thanks David, I'm well aware of that. I love the Duke, they did an incredible job on it and the gauges are superb, now if they could get a forum or answer my email I may actually be a return customer :( I actually just did a crash landing in it the other day. It almost looked like it was going to sink. Too bad FSX oceans are only a couple feet deep though, hehe. It bobbed up and down in the water with the waves which was sweet. I won't lose sleep over it if not implemented and prefer what I already read is heading our way, but it sure would be nice to have for those FSP trips.I have a few more trips in the Duke and can finally afford to buy my company a JS41 :Big Grin:So the question again for PMDG (since I realllly hope they model it in their newer aircraft)
Just curious, but will the NGX have extras in the airfile for things like Belly landings & ditching? It's nice to have the option to do rather than it just sinking into the water or runway and having FSX just detect a crash. I don't think it's modeled in the queen, have never tested it on the JS41, but I once was able to do a belly landing with the MD-11. I had to of course since FSP often gives no gear as one of the major failures.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

I have a few more trips in the Duke and can finally afford to buy my company a JS41 Big Grin.gif
You must have started on the hard setting. :( Me? I use the "cheat" difficult, as I wanted to be able to afford my PMDG 747 and Level D 767 and Maddog Super 80 right off the bat.

Scott Kalin VATSIM #1125397 - KPSP Palm Springs International Airport
Space Shuttle (SSMS2007) http://www.space-shu....com/index.html
Orbiter 2010P1 http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/

You must have started on the hard setting. :( Me? I use the "cheat" difficult, as I wanted to be able to afford my PMDG 747 and Level D 767 and Maddog Super 80 right off the bat.
Haha, yeah I did the same also for the last year. Only a couple months ago did I decide to start a new company with the hardest settings. It's kind of funny seeing I know have something in my "Number of passenger deaths" column :(

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

When will it be released? Approximate date? thanks....
Just a question...did the new promissed screenshots and information moved to another forum? Did I missed that ....Black%20Eye.gif Eric

That is awesome! :(
:( always reminds me to this classic
Phil

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Guest tizi

hey, okay, some german can not speak English, but most of them are up in the North of germany, like in Sylt or EDDH.We here down in beautifull Bavaria and the mor beautifull city Munich speak a much better English. I've got a holiday jobon a camping side. A few days ago I spoke with a Britian man, who I have to Check-In. He asked me wether I came fromGreat Britain, because of my so good English. But I am not. I'm born and grown up in Munich and learn Englisch scince four years. So this vid shows only the half of the truth.I'm hoping the NGX will be released soon.Tizian

So this serie of announcements is every month or so? I thought like every week. Maybe four or six times every week and then the release.

Guest EJTENC
hey, okay, some german can not speak English, but most of them are up in the North of germany, like in Sylt or EDDH.We here down in beautifull Bavaria and the mor beautifull city Munich speak a much better English. I've got a holiday jobon a camping side. A few days ago I spoke with a Britian man, who I have to Check-In. He asked me wether I came fromGreat Britain, because of my so good English. But I am not. I'm born and grown up in Munich and learn Englisch scince four years. So this vid shows only the half of the truth.I'm hoping the NGX will be released soon.Tizian
I think he was being polite. :(

Guest Tamadeez

Finally bulit new system (in signiture) now just need NGX to ice the cake. Oh and what a sweet cake it will be ;D

A good video can make the wait smoother. 737s in action at Vienna:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tp3B7RTnGag&feature=fvw