Sign in to follow this  
Babu

Ariane 737-700ER X2.5 Purchase.

FSX is a buggy program in itself and sometimes it doesn't agree with other add ons and it will simply crash itself. I promise you, there's absolutely nothing wrong with your installer.
Crashing FSX on exit is not something that should be simply accepted from a payware developer - and definitely not something this expensive. I'm surprised at your complacency.Blaming Microsoft for crashes that occur with an addon developed years later is ridiculous.

I don't have this kind of crashes with any of my payware airplanes. Of course, I don't own anything from Ariane (I read these forums a lot, so..). It's just funny to blame FSX or some kind of limitations or bugs for problems since the majority of products don't have these problems.. and the limitations, bugs & stuff apply to them too. So, in my opinion, bad excuse.

I don't have this kind of crashes with any of my payware airplanes. Of course, I don't own anything from Ariane (I read these forums a lot, so..). It's just funny to blame FSX or some kind of limitations or bugs for problems since the majority of products don't have these problems.. and the limitations, bugs & stuff apply to them too. So, in my opinion, bad excuse.
I'm not too sure of that. Aerosoft's Airbus X has CTD problem when you end your flight after the plane has crashed. Aerosoft says they have tested this to death but really see no possibility on how to fix this and that it's related with a problem of FSX itself. I tend to believe them. In the end, I regard FSX as a flawed product that has many problems of its own. That does not mean of course that a payware developer should simply bring that as an excuse every time he sees a problem. He should try to work around it, because you can't deliver a crashing product yet charge the customer as if it were the perfect addon.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Crashing FSX on exit is not something that should be simply accepted from a payware developer - and definitely not something this expensive. I'm surprised at your complacency.Blaming Microsoft for crashes that occur with an addon developed years later is ridiculous.
I never said it was accepted and I'm surely not a representative of the developer. The OP posted an issue, I responded with what I know. I didn't want him to think that it was something he was doing wrong or something to do with his installation. If you have nothing constructive to say to help the poster with their issue, you should probably stay out of the conversation. Just because you have personal issues with a specific developer, doesn't mean the OP doesn't deserve a response that can help them out. Your comments do nothing to help.

Hello,I am reading something new in here regarding FSX itself, I was not even aware of FSX being buggy in itself, the way it interacts with other software addons.(I have not brought any other single software addon that would crash my copy of FSX on exit or on start except Ariane 737-700ER, even their 737-900X dosent act this way). At least the FSX software developers should inform their would be potential coustomers to know this before hand, that their software is going to crash FSX upon exit or switching through diffrent FSX aircraft,and that this should be expected from their software as it is normal.It would be easy for any coustomers to make a informed decision to buy and live with these addons as is, if they so desire, or simply not to buy at all, rather then later they come to know and realize that it would crash their copy of FSX and it was not what they were looking for.Thanking you,Best regards,Aftab.
Maybe Ariane should consider a 'try before you buy' policy to ensure system compatability such as the OP is having troubles with..... Other developers do, with good degrees of success.It would also help with 'informed decisions' regarding product features, value for money, etc, all of which have been major issues of contention with Ariane when reading these threads.(That's assuming, of course, that Ariane are still around after PMDG enter their arena.....)Toni.

I'm not too sure of that. Aerosoft's Airbus X has CTD problem when you end your flight after the plane has crashed. Aerosoft says they have tested this to death but really see no possibility on how to fix this and that it's related with a problem of FSX itself. I tend to believe them. In the end, I regard FSX as a flawed product that has many problems of its own. That does not mean of course that a payware developer should simply bring that as an excuse every time he sees a problem. He should try to work around it, because you can't deliver a crashing product yet charge the customer as if it were the perfect addon.
Well, I said the majority of products. I look at it this way.. there are far more complex airplanes on the market without this problem, right? I guess those limitations don't apply to them than.I know, I know that FSX has a lot of limitations and problems (bugs) but those limitations usually apply to everybody. One developer did something that resulted in CTD, the other didn't. What kind of FSX limitation is that?

I never said it was accepted and I'm surely not a representative of the developer. The OP posted an issue, I responded with what I know. I didn't want him to think that it was something he was doing wrong or something to do with his installation. If you have nothing constructive to say to help the poster with their issue, you should probably stay out of the conversation. Just because you have personal issues with a specific developer, doesn't mean the OP doesn't deserve a response that can help them out. Your comments do nothing to help.
I have no "personal issues" with Ariane. I did respond to your statements that "Ariane did nothing wrong in this instance" and that "Microsoft in all it's genius fired the ACES team which developed FSX years ago. That's why there have been no patches or updates to fix the short comings."If, as you say, CTDs on exit is expected behavior after flying the Ariane 737, then Ariane are guilty of sloppy programming. FSX is what it is, and Ariane need to work within that framework.Also, if you have an issue with my posts, please take it up with a moderator.

Hello,It is now a second day without the second activation request to Ariane 737 software company,guess what? No activation key yet.In the foregoing events, I have to backup and move the second virgin install of windows 7 and FSX plus installed copy of Ariane 737 to the conventional Harddrives from my SSD harddrives, so I can prepare my SSD harddrives for better performing software both older as well as upcomming software from PMDG etc, and pull it away from my computer until the second activation key is recived and we are ready to fly the Ariane737 normally, by that I mean no CTD's in anyway or forms. In the above events is the current installed copy on my conventional Harddrives of Ariane 737 will trigger yet a third request for activation key, and wait another seven days or so?.Thanking You,Best regards,Aftab.

AFTAB HINGORO

Hello,Second request actiivation key recived today, 737-700er X 2.5 acting the same way,no change at all,FSX crah on exit with g3d.dll fault. Anyway to fix this?.Thanking you,Best RegardsAftab.

AFTAB HINGORO

Hello,Second request actiivation key recived today, 737-700er X 2.5 acting the same way,no change at all,FSX crah on exit with g3d.dll fault. Anyway to fix this?.Thanking you,Best RegardsAftab.
Most everyone here knows the Ariane issues, do yourself a favor and contact your credit card company and stop payment, delete the plane, and get a good plane from a reputable company.

Jay

Most everyone here knows the Ariane issues, do yourself a favor and contact your credit card company and stop payment, delete the plane, and get a good plane from a reputable company.
While their add-ons do have issues, as do ALL other add-ons, their aircraft usually are quite well made with a good amount of systems fidelity. The new -700ER is supposed to be pretty darn good. Although the OP is having some issues, I think once they are rectified he will proably be pleased. The Ariane aircraft I have had in the past have all been great. I don't agree with their policy regarding no repaints, but overall I was quite impressed with the aircraft I have purchased.

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Are you suggesting that the coding of FSX has nothing to do with issues now because it was developed years earlier?

Ark

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Hello,I am to this day unable to close FSX without a CTD with the Ariane 737-700ER X2.5.I don't see any post at Ariane's fourms about the issue of FSX closing with a fatal error on exit with the Ariane 737-700ER x2.5.thanking You,best regards,Aftab.

AFTAB HINGORO

Are you suggesting that the coding of FSX has nothing to do with issues now because it was developed years earlier?
No, I'm suggesting that a payware addon should not crash FSX on exit.

No, I'm suggesting that a payware addon should not crash FSX on exit.
It sounds like you are suggesting that FSX simply can't cause the crash.I've had the crash on exit with the PMDG J41 since release. Does that make the add-on a byproduct of sloppy coding, or is it possible that FSX and my rig may not mix to well with that particular add-on? If an add-on has an inherent flaw, than everybody, or at least a sizable majority, should experience it. It was stated above that the Ariane forum does not seem to have a large amount of people with this same problem. Therefore, it is reasonable to suggest that FSX could be a major player in the issues presence. Btw, a G3D error is not always related to an aircraft. It can be associated with scenery, other add-ons, etc..Babu, do me a favor and turn your scenery complexity slider down to the lowest notch and see if this alleviates the issue. If that does not work, please replace your scenery complexity settings to their original state and then turn your AI "OFF" and see if that solves the issue. Let me know if that changes anything.

Ark