Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

PMDG 737 NGX: PMDG's attitude toward realism

To be honest guys, maybe you should take a step back and go and do something outside whilst you wait. It will be released when it's released and there is nothing that will change that. Enjoy chatting to people about it in this thread and have a laugh. Why are people being so negative? If your bored by having to look through a long thread to find news then you can just visit RSR or Tabs' profiles and that will give you a list of their most recent threads/posts. Lighten up, go and read how to deal with an engine flame out on takeoff http://www.smartcockpit.com/pdf/plane/boeing/B737/instructor/0050/ because you know when this girl comes, there will be no corners cut!

To be honest guys, maybe you should take a step back and go and do something outside whilst you wait. It will be released when it's released and there is nothing that will change that. Enjoy chatting to people about it in this thread and have a laugh. Why are people being so negative? If your bored by having to look through a long thread to find news then you can just visit RSR or Tabs' profiles and that will give you a list of their most recent threads/posts. Lighten up, go and read how to deal with an engine flame out on takeoff http://www.smartcockpit.com/pdf/plane/boeing/B737/instructor/0050/ because you know when this girl comes, there will be no corners cut!
I must admit I use to voice my frustration because I thought it was getting close to release but then it wasnt but it's still months away so I don't watch the forum much any more actually don't care when it's released as I still think it's first quarter of next year as it's still in alpha testing. I started focusing on preparing my pc for it. Just overclocked my q6600 CPU to 3.6ghz which provide me an additional 10fps plus can put almost all sliders to max. I appreciate any info PMDG provide us on the NGX and look forward to taking it on it's maiden flight in 2011. I'll just plod along with building the cockpit in the mean time. Michael Kendall

To everyone who is complaining about the lack of updates: Go buy DCS A-10C. It's an insanely complicated aircraft with beautiful graphics. Should keep you busy until the NGX is released.

Joe Sherrill

It's turning into AirSimmer... :(*runs*
I know your probably just joking around, but seriously if this were airsimmer they would have cashed this check along time ago. PMDG stands to make alot of money off this project, they could have scaled it back a little and even rush it to market to get there money, but instead they are standing by there principles and getting it done right, this is to our benefit. Every release spawns name calling and those geniuses who try to use reverse psychology. Im sure the PMDG guys get a real kick out of it.biggrin.gif

PMDG is a big name developer. They aren't gonna go that low, if they ever do. I have full confidence in PMDG. Why would I not. Lets look at the other FSX aircraft they have made, shall we.747X-SuccessMD-11X - SuccessJS41- SuccessNGX- Gonna be better than the other ones.

Even thought I was venting on the guys a little earlier for not having more frequent updates, the comparisson to Airsimmer is a little much. I've toyed with buying their bird and let's just say a trip through the forums usually makes me think otherwise. I'm sure the NGX will be great. I've been waiting for it since before I bought my first PMDG bird. I think my annoyance is that an update once a month as part of a "series" is tough. I think I would rather just be told when they are in beta, get some nice screenshots from the beta team and then wait for the manuals to be out so I can start reading them. But, out of hope I come back every day (almost) looking for an update.

I know your probably just joking around, but seriously if this were airsimmer they would have cashed this check along time ago. PMDG stands to make alot of money off this project, they could have scaled it back a little and even rush it to market to get there money, but instead they are standing by there principles and getting it done right, this is to our benefit. Every release spawns name calling and those geniuses who try to use reverse psychology. Im sure the PMDG guys get a real kick out of it.biggrin.gif
Dont even get me started on AS. I was on there BETA team, and that company is seriously a joke, the CEO, the dev's etc etc. I will never ever buy anything from them EVER. I DO NOT recommend any of there products to anyone EVER, period.Ron Hamilton

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Heeeeey!! The A-10's out! Great news. There is another sim with the Falcland Islands crisis coming up soon.. Seems that until 737's out I'm becoming stick and bombs pilot again..

Regards,

Martin Martinov / VATSIM 1207931

I was joking :biggrin:I'm really looking forward to this, regardless of when its released. Looks like an astounding job done so far!

Matt Davies

Founder/CEO - Mettar Simulations

=====
Prepar3D Tweak Assistant (PTA) available here: https://www.simtweaks.com
projectFLY - one of the most used virtual aviation platforms (now with GLOBAL schedules):  https://www.projectfly.co.uk

... According to reliable sources at the Italian consulate in Los Angeles, Estimated release date is 30 Mar 2011 latest. But that will include a 10 airlines HD livery set.Greg

too much, too soon....

... According to reliable sources at the Italian consulate in Los Angeles, Estimated release date is 30 Mar 2011 latest. But that will include a 10 airlines HD livery set.Greg
BS. If they are planning on releasing this thing in March thats just fine. They have to do what they have to do, but if it's that late they need to tell us, that way I dont have to waste my time looking at all these pointless posts everyday.Ronald Hamilton

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Guest Cag40Navy
Lol someone's sarcasm detector is faulty.. :(
Dont worry, i have had all the tools RIGHT HERE! :( :(

Lol someone's sarcasm detector is faulty.. :(
No one has designed a sarcasm detector yet that can handle sarcasm about the NGX's release date. :(

No one has designed a sarcasm detector yet that can handle sarcasm about the NGX's release date. :(
exactly, fellas this NGX is no joke to meRonald Hamilton

Ron Hamilton