Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

So how does the PMDG 737NGX compare to...

Thank you Mr Randazzo. I appreciate that post, and the other one in that "other" thread as well. I do look forward to your new product very much. I hope things go smooth from here on out, for all of us, both on your development end and here on these boards.Cheers.

Scott Kalin VATSIM #1125397 - KPSP Palm Springs International Airport
Space Shuttle (SSMS2007) http://www.space-shu....com/index.html
Orbiter 2010P1 http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/

I wasn't expecting any further posts until around Beta, so thanks from me also RSR for addressing this. I thought your release date post was humorous. Is good to hear the bird is even exceeding the internal expectations. Any progress is alays good as long as it's not going backwards.

Thanks for the info @Randazzo! A little question is the airplane still in Beta status? sorry Best Regards Chris

Gents-(And a few of you who haven't been... tsk tsk...)Just a thought on the debate about release dates (and my apparently ill received humor in posting a "when it is completed" release update! LOL)Now and then, users will ask if we would a ) announce a release date and/or b ) consider pre-selling the NGX and allowing folks to have access to beta versions.From our standpoint- there is one very solid reason for never doing either: Keeping the entire process to ourselves, and under our own control without artificial responsibilities to announced dates or financially invested customers allows us the freedom to work on the project until we feel it is finished.We have had this policy in place for a decade, and it has been a successful one- as our initial release day product quality has improved with each successive major release.To give you an idea- full time development on the NGX started in mid 2008... We anticipated release would take place in late 2009... then early 2010... then April...May...July... You get the picture.I realize that some folks can hardly bear to wait for release day- and this flatters us tremendously- but I promise you that the product will exceed your expectations only if we stick to our own requirements for quality and completeness.The airplane is currently exceeding our own expectations- and we are accelerating toward release... But we wont give her to you one minute before we think she is ready.Sorry it takes so long- but given that we decided to clean-sheet our entire development process- it is just taking a bit longer.This will pay dividends with subsequent releases however- so we are looking forward to having this one under our belt as well!
A superb post, and one that allowed me to view this from a different perspective. It probably should be pinned under a heading, such as "How we release our products". All future release questions can then be referred back to this one post.

Guest wims
Thanks for the info @Randazzo! A little question is the airplane still in Beta status? sorry Best Regards Chris
I dont think it ever was in beta. They have stated that they will let us know when they enter beta

A superb post, and one that allowed me to view this from a different perspective. It probably should be pinned under a heading, such as "How we release our products". All future release questions can then be referred back to this one post.
I agree this post was necessary to mange peoples expectations. Not all forum goers have purchased from PMDG in the past and therefore dont understand the process towards release. Great post Mr R and I would definetly pin it so that anyone not reading the hundreds of pages of comments in the three or four topics related to the NGX can quickly get updated without the need to asked repeatedly in here.Mike Kendall

So are we finally making the turn! Will it be the stunning conclusion of PMDG'S NGX: A New Plane, A New Direction.:(

So are we finally making the turn! Will it be the stunning conclusion of PMDG'S NGX: A New Plane, A New Direction.:(
[Announcers Voice] Tune in next time! :(

Eric Vander

Pilot and Controller Boston Virtual ATC

KATL - The plural form of cow.

KORD - Something you put in a power socket.

UNIT - Something of measure

My 747 Fuel Calculator

That's right......he he ha ha ha.........and now behind hanger door #1.......:(

That's right......he he ha ha ha.........and now behind hanger door #1.......:(
cue drum roll..drrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

thank you,Jim

Asus Prime Z270-P| I7700k@4.6| 16gDDR4 3000 VengLpx|

Corsair H115aio Cooler| Evga GeForce 1080gpu|Corsair Rm750

I'm looking forward to the release when ever it happens. The amount of work going into this plane is amazing and I'm thankful that it will be finished properly.Soon, we'll be pushing back and flying off to great destinations.
I love your sig. Big%20Grin.gif I wanna make one.

then April...May...July... You get the picture.
FYI, June comes after May...Sorry, had to :(