Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

So how does the PMDG 737NGX compare to...

Gents-(And a few of you who haven't been... tsk tsk...)Just a thought on the debate about release dates (and my apparently ill received humor in posting a "when it is completed" release update! LOL)Now and then, users will ask if we would a ) announce a release date and/or b ) consider pre-selling the NGX and allowing folks to have access to beta versions.From our standpoint- there is one very solid reason for never doing either: Keeping the entire process to ourselves, and under our own control without artificial responsibilities to announced dates or financially invested customers allows us the freedom to work on the project until we feel it is finished.We have had this policy in place for a decade, and it has been a successful one- as our initial release day product quality has improved with each successive major release.To give you an idea- full time development on the NGX started in mid 2008... We anticipated release would take place in late 2009... then early 2010... then April...May...July... You get the picture.I realize that some folks can hardly bear to wait for release day- and this flatters us tremendously- but I promise you that the product will exceed your expectations only if we stick to our own requirements for quality and completeness.The airplane is currently exceeding our own expectations- and we are accelerating toward release... But we wont give her to you one minute before we think she is ready.Sorry it takes so long- but given that we decided to clean-sheet our entire development process- it is just taking a bit longer.This will pay dividends with subsequent releases however- so we are looking forward to having this one under our belt as well!
The last part gives me hope we wont have to wait as long for the 777.

Eric 

yeah same here. No doubt..as soon as the NGX is released, everyone will start asking about the 777!

yeah same here. No doubt..as soon as the NGX is released, everyone will start asking about the 777!
I dont think soThe thing is,the NGX Page announces since FSX Release Coming Soon!

Thanks Mr Randazzo for your last post, it is again a good sign for us, customers, to receive one more proof, if needed, that PMDG is a serious company. Our geek side is always out of patience, but our user side will always be happy with quality.Everyone, you and us, will receive the dividends.

Very good and empathic post by RR(could he be utilizing his wife's field of work here?)And guys he is right! We all know that there will be an even greater outcry if they released an unfinished product!I mean we have seen that many times, and the public complaints and PR loss is unbelievable compared to this mild postponing of release.Hang in there and look forward to some external shots Drooling.gif

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

PS - you guys are going to freak when you see the HUD on this thing in motion. Big%20Grin.giftongue.gifHmm maybe this will be the next update?

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

PS - you guys are going to freak when you see the HUD on this thing in motion. Big%20Grin.giftongue.gifHmm maybe this will be the next update?
Oh yes come on now, let the hype grow even a bit more... as if it was necessary eh? :( You guys are having a hell of a fun i bet... :(

Don't forget TrackIR... We wanna see collimation! I told'ya! Big%20Grin.gifsig.gif(PS: oh, and it's also allowed to swing around the head and "accidently" show off some of the rest of the 'pit "in motion" as well...) :(:(

AAAAARRRRRRGHHH, it´s very hard to wait for this plane to be released!!!! :(:(

I´m sure Ryan was like this 1084733-1245176248-TrollFace2.jpgwhen he typed that.

Just pure torture!:(

Dylan Charles

"The aircraft G-limits are only there in case there is another flight by that particular airplane. If subsequent flights do not appear likely, there are no G-limits."

Just pure torture!:(
Just another in his long and distinguished service of giving us at these forums just enough information to get us all excited. A true master of the PR game with these posts. I am very excited to see the next update.

Scott Kalin VATSIM #1125397 - KPSP Palm Springs International Airport
Space Shuttle (SSMS2007) http://www.space-shu....com/index.html
Orbiter 2010P1 http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/

:( Next update this evening?? :) :( :(
Nope this thread still needs another 53,000 hits

Noah Bryant

Nope this thread still needs another 53,000 hits
Refresh, Refresh, Refresh, are we there yet? : )

Eric Vander

Pilot and Controller Boston Virtual ATC

KATL - The plural form of cow.

KORD - Something you put in a power socket.

UNIT - Something of measure

My 747 Fuel Calculator