Sign in to follow this  
aceridgey

Cargo Planes Grounded US Security Scare

Guest JoeInCT

Yeah. Now we can expect the mindless idiots at the TSA to add a new act to their "security theater."So hide yo kids, hide your wife, and hide your husbands 'cause they xrayin' and "feelin' up" everybody out here...

So hide yo kids, hide your wife, and hide your husbands 'cause they xrayin' and "feelin' up" everybody out here...
lol amazing comment +100 XD

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

'Obama said the packages, found in the UK and Dubai on two overnight cargo planes from Yemen, were destined for Jewish places of worship in Chicago.'Them's some fancy synagogues they've got there in Chicago, equipped with their very own runways that can handle big cargo aircraft. I can't wait for the movie, I think they could maybe call it Torah, Torah, Torah.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

OK it is funny, but both the descriptive clause and the predicate apply to the subject - ’packages’.So to be precise it’s not actually ambiguous.Jeesh, now I’m thinking of my dear and departed grammar teacher, Mr. Dakin.This one’s for you...RIP buddy! ;)

Yup, being someone who teaches a writing course amongst other things, I do know it's not actually what is inferred, but I never let grammar get in the way of a good joke, and I thought that Torah pun was pretty good for having come up with it at 3am LOLOn the more serious side of the issue, whilst I'm no fan of the somewhat over the top security hoops passengers now have to jump through in the UK, everyone in the freight airline industry has been aware for years that with little screening required, cargo aircraft have been wide open to this kind of thing. As I was saying to my wife the other day when discussing passenger security with her, I actually remarked that all it would do is make terrorists pick an easier method at some other vulnerable spot, which is exactly what has now happened.Unfortunately, if they tighten up freight screening, so long as terrorism exists, terrorists will simply move on to yet another vulnerable thing where plenty of soft targets are, such as sports stadiums, shopping malls or some such. The real way to prevent such things, is to remove the desire for people to commit such acts in the first place, although exactly how we do that is another question entirely.Al

Alan Bradbury

...I never let grammar get in the way of a good joke...
Lol, it's true...let's not let grammar get in the way of a good joke :)

Unfortunately, if they tighten up freight screening, so long as terrorism exists, terrorists will simply move on to yet another vulnerable thing where plenty of soft targets are, such as sports stadiums, shopping malls or some such. The real way to prevent such things, is to remove the desire for people to commit such acts in the first place, although exactly how we do that is another question entirely.
A few of Tom Clancy's books have already covered that topic. The books that I can recall off the top of my head were 'Teeth of the Tiger', 'Debt of Honor', 'Rainbow Six', 'The Sum of All Fears', and 'Patriot Games'. Also, can we please get a spoiler tag on the forum? That way I don't have to leave the details out so that people don't get spoilers for those books by accident.

Well to avoid spoilers and keep readers guessing, I think Tom Clancy should throw us a curveball, expand his remit and perhaps start writing musicals. I'd pay good money to see Somewhere Over the Rainbow Six. I can see it now, some cracking songs such as, 'If I only had an MP5', 'We're off to see the Pentagon Chiefs of Staff' and 'Ding Dong, the witch is laser designated'Al

Alan Bradbury

Well to avoid spoilers and keep readers guessing, I think Tom Clancy should throw us a curveball, expand his remit and perhaps start writing musicals. I'd pay good money to see Somewhere Over the Rainbow Six. I can see it now, some cracking songs such as, 'If I only had an MP5', 'We're off to see the Pentagon Chiefs of Staff' and 'Ding Dong, the witch is laser designated'Al
LMAO.gifDon't forget "Down with the Tango".I really hope I'm not the only one who gets nostalgia from this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FS4W95YkLw0