Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

A little Heads-Up on the NGX...

The aircraft is still in Alpha. I take RSR, and Ryan's words for it when they say they will let us know when it hits Beta. Not to mention I am sure the team will be throwing a massive party when that happens. :( Granted they are under no obligation to let us know, but this has been the plan that was set forth in previous posts. To me it looks very advanced even in this stage, but you know how high they set their standards. They won't be satisfied until it is perfect.

My take on the "doughnut" is that it is simply the HUD version of the Flight Director.
That's exactly what it is.
I see where Tabs says the HUD is still-in-development alpha stage so I think it will be awhile before we see release.Jeff
The main flight director works already - please don't take what I said about the doughnut to mean that the product is at some really early stage of development, the FD just hasn't been "hooked up" to the HGS yet - that's all it is and it's a pretty simple thing.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

I take RSR, and Ryan's words for it when they say they will let us know when it hits Beta.
That's a fair point. I had forgotten that they had mentioned that. I was just pointing out that the photos aren't dated and could really be from any time.

That's a fair point. I had forgotten that they had mentioned that. I was just pointing out that the photos aren't dated and could really be from any time.
The photos and video are from this week, now stop with the speculating lol! tongue.gif

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Is all good. Just trying to help out my fellow Captains while we pass the time. At least with the holidays coming up put a bigger focus on family and such. I know I appreciate when other people on here bring up details I forget about. Is why I try to help/interject opinion when I think I can. Plus if we all help each other out then Ryan can focus on working instead of re-iterating points to all of us. :( For me this is my #1 most anticipated product of the year (or whenever). I really don't know how they find the time for it all. Myself I am either working on 3DS models, alpha/beta testing, or trying to monitor our own forums. Can't help but to peek in here from time to time though during my work.

With All this work going into the ngx I can imagine how annoying it must be when we fuss about a release date. Pls bear with us if we seem impatient at times smile.gif Keep up the good work.Nanjul Dakat

Has anyone else watched the video about 30 times now?
43 times.......HAHAHAHAHA I'm just kidding.........but seriously

Gents-On the topic of "when will the NGX release:"I assure you that NOBODY is more eagerly awaiting this release than we are. With the amount of work that is going into this project- it just isn't much fun knowing we are the only ones seeing it. We can't wait to sit back and see your impressions when you finally get to drop your flight kit on the floor and take a look around...So yeah- we know it is hard to wait- but we promise we are right there with you.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Ok I have noticed, and I think a few others have as well but I am not sure. Has anyone noticed that the panel in general looks kind of blackish or dark grey and in the earlier previews it was kind of silver? This is bothering me because the real thing is more silvery, and I am not sure why it has changed. Does it have to do with lighting? Thanks, Connor Garrett

Fantastic job guys! I remember looking over this option years ago and never thought it would be that cool!

Ok I have noticed, and I think a few others have as well but I am not sure. Has anyone noticed that the panel in general looks kind of blackish or dark grey and in the earlier previews it was kind of silver? This is bothering me because the real thing is more silvery, and I am not sure why it has changed. Does it have to do with lighting? Thanks, Connor Garrett
They changed the textures to something that got more approval from their tech pilots. This was already addressed a few pages back in this thread.

"I assure you that NOBODY is more eagerly awaiting this release than we are." Deserves it's own sticky. It's not hard to figure this out on your own, and by simply knowing how much time it takes to produce even the smallest FS product, the payoff alone isn't worth it's weight in free downloads or how ever much it's worth in cash. Thank you PMDG, for pushing this project in it's final stages. We look forward now to your outstanding support when it comes time to post here rather than fly the airplane.

Erik L.

It is beautiful stuff. My only comment/beef on it would be there does not seem to be any dimension to the HUD. The only way you can tell it is there is the border/frame of it, I think there should be some opacity to the thing, giving it a sense of thickness and depth, and that you are looking through another piece of glass infront of the windscreen.But the functionality seems absolutely epic.

Scott Kalin VATSIM #1125397 - KPSP Palm Springs International Airport
Space Shuttle (SSMS2007) http://www.space-shu....com/index.html
Orbiter 2010P1 http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/