Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

Flight Manuals Released! 05DEC10

Hi Everyone, just a warning if you live outside the US don't us USPS as your preferred delivery service for the manuals. I live in Australia and my Chief Pilot set were dispatched on 9 December with a guarenteed delivery date of the 16 December, and here it is now Christmas Day and still no manuals (in fairness they didn't say which year). Also USPS's tracking is worthless as all they can tell is that the item has been dispatched. Lesson learnt. Maybe PMDG could suggest/recommend NOT using USPS for international orders.Have a Happy Christmas and a great NGX New Year.Hi Everyone, just a warning if you live outside the US don't us USPS as your preferred delivery service for the manuals. I live in Australia and my Chief Pilot set were dispatched on 9 December with a guarenteed delivery date of the 16 December, and here it is now Christmas Day and still no manuals (in fairness they didn't say which year). Also USPS's tracking is worthless as all they can tell is that the item has been dispatched. Lesson learnt. Maybe PMDG could suggest/recommend NOT using USPS for international orders.Have a Happy Christmas and a great NGX New Year.Neil Bradley

Neil,I'm really sorry about what's going on with USPS - we did in fact update our FAQ post a few days ago to say that we do not recommend using USPS for international orders. We had no idea it was going to be this bad until people started reporting the long waits. The "guaranteed" date on them is wildly off. Some countries are holding these things in customs for nearly a month. We're also looking into a problem specific to Australia and New Zealand orders - we believe USPS may be holding a whole bunch of orders to AUS/NZ in Chicago for weeks on end for some unknown reason.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Well well well,Arent these manuals magnificent!!Have just unwrapped them for Xmas :D thankyou ever sooo much to PMDG! And also thanks to my family :( You have excelled yourselvesMerry Xmas, happy new year and looking forward to the 737NGX Series Release! Once again thankyou!Best Wishes,Tristan

Best Regards,
Tristan Marchent - UK fATPL(A) - EMB 195 First Officer

System: Intel i7-6700k Skylake CPU, 4 Cores (4.0-4.2GHz, Overlocked 20%), Asus Z170 PRO GAMING MBO, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Corsair Hydro H80i V2 CPU Cooler, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4 3200 C16 2x8GB, Windows 10 Home 64-bit (512GB M.2 PCIe SSD), Prepar3D V4.5 (1TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD), 4TB SSHD Hybrid Drive, EVGA GQ 80 PLUS Gold 850W Modular PSU

Neil,I'm really sorry about what's going on with USPS - we did in fact update our FAQ post a few days ago to say that we do not recommend using USPS for international orders. We had no idea it was going to be this bad until people started reporting the long waits. The "guaranteed" date on them is wildly off. Some countries are holding these things in customs for nearly a month. We're also looking into a problem specific to Australia and New Zealand orders - we believe USPS may be holding a whole bunch of orders to AUS/NZ in Chicago for weeks on end for some unknown reason.
Hi Ryan,Yes it is a little frustrating, and it's good to see that you have now recommended that for long distance delivery outside the US simmers don't use USPS. This is the email I got from them:Neil Bradley has requested that you receive the current Track & Confirm information, as shown below.Current Track & Confirm e-mail information provided by the U.S. Postal Service.Label Number: EC96 3321 774U SService Type: Express Mail PO-AddShipment Activity Location Date & Time--------------------------------------------------------------------------------International Dispatch ISC CHICAGO IL (USPS) 12/09/10 8:32amArrival Processed through Sort SAINT PAUL MN 55111 12/08/10 7:52pmFacilityAcceptance HUDSON WI 54016 12/08/10 4:58pmElectronic Shipping 12/08/10 InfoReceivedI will continue to wait patiently, but because of the Christmas Holidays it will be next Wednesday at the earliest before I might get them.Neil Bradley

Neil, We are two at least...mine lift Chicago on the 13th and i'm waiting to recive them...I submit a support ticket, And Capt. Robert said me they are going to initiate a trace with USPS about that...So, wait patiently and the manuals will arrive as fast as possible...;)Cheers,

Here I sit,Broken hearted.My manuals and me,Still are parted.I'm another Australian customer who placed my order 20 or 21 days ago and am still waiting. I chose USPS too. Checking the USPS Tracking Confirmation on line shows that my package left Chicago on 10 Dec. I haven't read every single message on this forum on this issue so if the following has been mentioned, I'm sorry. I see that Ryan has written that some countries' Customs Services are holding up packages. I was thinking that the main culprit could be the Australian Customs and Border Protection Service. Every single package (yes, every single one) that enters Australia is electronically screened for illegal contents. Some are physically opened for further checking. I guess at this time of year the backlog of packages must be as long as Runway 34L at Sydney. I ordered hardware from the USA a few years ago. It took around two months to get to me. I have a vague memory that it was at this time of year. That international courier had a great tracking system and it showed every single place that the package moved through. It was at the international mail centre in Sydney being held up by Customs for weeks and weeks.I think it's great that our government goes to such lengths to look after our security and our laws for us. I really appreciate it. It's just that in the year 2010, this sort of delay just isn't acceptable. It's about time that they employed enough Customs Officers to give an efficient service to us.Richard Wade

Hi RyanI'm also very disappointed with the delivery of the manuals to South Africa. I have ordered my manuals on the 6th December 2010 and it is now the 26th December with no manuals yet. I have phoned customs in South Africa on numerous occasions and they still inform me that they have not received anything from USPS at all. My Tracking number is: EC963324719US. Let's see if you can help.Kind Regards

Again guys, really sorry about the USPS stuff. I wish I knew more. A whole bunch of packages seem to just be sitting in Chicago somehow. I'll see if I can get some more information after everyone's back from the holiday tomorrow.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Again guys, really sorry about the USPS stuff. I wish I knew more. A whole bunch of packages seem to just be sitting in Chicago somehow. I'll see if I can get some more information after everyone's back from the holiday tomorrow.
Hi Ryan,Well my Chief Pilot set of documens arrived this evening at around 530 PM (Tuesday here in Oz). I am vey pleased with them and even after the long trip across the Big Pond they wee in god condition. Now allI have to do is start reading and continuing to wait patiently for the 737NGX to roll out of he final assemby building.Neil BradleyYPAD

I received the operating manuals from my flying buddies as a Christmas gift. Best gift I got this Christmas! (Don't tell my girlfriend) I'll be ordering the QRH after the NGX's release. :(

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

What (if available) would be the manual to buy for the FMC operation?For learning the pages, menus, programming, etc...Thanks!(got my partial flight manual set for XMAS... its awesome!)

<--------------->
Mike Murawski

What (if available) would be the manual to buy for the FMC operation?For learning the pages, menus, programming, etc...Thanks!(got my partial flight manual set for XMAS... its awesome!)
That's FCOM Vol 2 - has all the cockpit systems stuff.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

First I should say thank you for such a tremendous work - your aircraft addons are superb! Way to go!I do love your aircraft. I have to admit though, the manuals for the new 737NGX project are EXPENSIVE!!!Maybe if you live in US and P&P cost is down to nothing it is fine, but here in Europe...Captain's Flight Manual Set which is 250USD, here in UK makes up for 160 pound which again dividedby 4 (no. of books in set) is hefty 40 pound per book. I don't remember last time I bought a book THATexpensive. In fact I never had. But well ok, that is some investment (well maybe not for those whofly virtual skies) so you could build up the money and close your eyes on it if not the bloody P&P!Now with all the USPS hassle we are left with pricey FedEX which sets you beck another 150 USD(read: almost 100 pounds!!!! or extra 25 per book)At price of 65 pounds/book I really might better invest this money anywhere but these books.Sorry guys but to get it going I guess you have to find a way to distribute them in Europe. Aerosoft or flightstore.co.uk would be perfect.Sorry about that. And again - respect!