Sign in to follow this  
vector

Altitude callout gauge

Does anyone know of any other callout gauges I could d/l and try? Doesn't matter if not as I only fly the Carenado Mooney and I doubt if one was every equipped with this facility!!
I have never used the Boeing one but I have used the FPD A330 callout gauge and that certainly works fine for me. My answer was based on the assumption that both were configured identically.I haven't found the original downloads for either the Boeing or Airbus ones in the AVSIM library (although I haven't spent ages looking) and they may be missing now. The Airbus one was fpda_a330_callout.zip.True (as posted above) neither will be exact in the callouts according to which aircraft you install them in but I don't think the difference will be particularly obvious, not least because the time lag for FS loading the sound file will make it inaccurate anyway.I have not used it for a while because Oncourse Software's Flight Deck Companion (aka FDC Live Cockpit) has callouts inbuilt as one of its features. I wouldn't say to buy this product solely for that but it is an alternative option, and needs no gauges installed.John

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

I have never used the Boeing one but I have used the FPD A330 callout gauge and that certainly works fine for me. My answer was based on the assumption that both were configured identically.I haven't found the original downloads for either the Boeing or Airbus ones in the AVSIM library (although I haven't spent ages looking) and they may be missing now. The Airbus one was fpda_a330_callout.zip.True (as posted above) neither will be exact in the callouts according to which aircraft you install them in but I don't think the difference will be particularly obvious, not least because the time lag for FS loading the sound file will make it inaccurate anyway.I have not used it for a while because Oncourse Software's Flight Deck Companion (aka FDC Live Cockpit) has callouts inbuilt as one of its features. I wouldn't say to buy this product solely for that but it is an alternative option, and needs no gauges installed.John
Putting a Radalt callout gauge configured for an Airbus A330 in a Mooney? ....You don't think the difference will be obvious? :( I make my own callout gauges specifically for each aircraft. Time lag to load the sound file is minimal as to make no difference.If I merge any panels LVLD, PMDG, PSS, RXP ST3400 etc etc I delete their callouts and make custom ones because they will be inaccurate. (I notice even just 1 foot out)With accurate callouts you KNOW when to flare ... no guessing involved. :( Again I stress Rob Barendregt's gauge is perfect for the job.

Putting a Radalt callout gauge configured for an Airbus A330 in a Mooney? ....You don't think the difference will be obvious? :( I make my own callout gauges specifically for each aircraft. Time lag to load the sound file is minimal as to make no difference.If I merge any panels LVLD, PMDG, PSS, RXP ST3400 etc etc I delete their callouts and make custom ones because they will be inaccurate. (I notice even just 1 foot out)With accurate callouts you KNOW when to flare ... no guessing involved. :( Again I stress Rob Barendregt's gauge is perfect for the job.
Well, I honestly wouldn't know how they perform in an Airbus 330 or a Mooney, the only aircraft I used the 330 gauge in was a Bristol Britannia panel I created for distribution and it certainly wasn't far out there. Maybe that's just coincidence. And yes, there is a time-lag to load the sound files which will vary between computers so what is perfect for you may not suit everybody. There are substitute sound files out there too, and if these differ in file size that will also have an effect.As FDC implements it in a different way, it really doesn't matter what aircraft you are in, and even caters for adjustment to timing of calls for the load time. With this method, once set up to your satisfaction they are good for any aircraft, although I didn't need to change the default settings. Another nice feature is that you can make the calls come from your flight engineer's voice on a three-crewed aircraft, great if you fly older aircraft.I don't think perfect landings are as easily achieved as you think, even in the real world with callouts landings aren't perfect - I'm surprised a plane I was on didn't leave a groove in the concrete at Gatwick the other day.Best wishes,John

For anyone not familiar with Rob Barendregt's work, I would strongly recommend doing a search on his last name in the FS2004 file section here at AVSIM. He's done a lot of really cool and useful gauges to enhance the Flight Sim experience.

your call outs don't work because they may not be linked to the dsd_xml_sound3.gau (This is assuming your gauge is in xml)This should be installed in your a/c panel folder. Along with this you need to add an ini file. In my case I haveVC10_sound.ini with these sounds:-

[Config]MaxSounds=30ErrorFlag= -1LvarStop=DM SOUND STOPVolumeVar=dsd_xml_sound_volumeResetVolumeVar=1[sounds]Sound00=./Aircraft/DMFS Shared Files/Vickers VC10 Panel/ALERT.wavSound01=./Aircraft/DMFS Shared Files/Vickers VC10 Panel/BEEP.wavSound02=./Aircraft/DMFS Shared Files/Vickers VC10 Panel/VOICE_V1.wavSound03=./Aircraft/DMFS Shared Files/Vickers VC10 Panel/VOICE_VR.wavSound04=./Aircraft/DMFS Shared Files/Vickers VC10 Panel/Conc2k_fire.wavSound05=./Aircraft/DMFS Shared Files/Vickers VC10 Panel/Conc_sign.wavSound06=./Aircraft/DMFS Shared Files/Vickers VC10 Panel/Attend3.wavSound07=./Aircraft/DMFS Shared Files/Vickers VC10 Panel/button.wavSound08=./Aircraft/DMFS Shared Files/Vickers VC10 Panel/click.wavSound09=./Aircraft/DMFS Shared Files/Vickers VC10 Panel/knob.wavSound10=./Aircraft/DMFS Shared Files/Vickers VC10 Panel/lever.wavSound11=./Aircraft/DMFS Shared Files/Vickers VC10 Panel/door_large.wavSound12=./Aircraft/DMFS Shared Files/Vickers VC10 Panel/aircondition.wavSound13=./Aircraft/DMFS Shared Files/Vickers VC10 Panel/Attend1.wavSound14=./Aircraft/DMFS Shared Files/Vickers VC10 Panel/stall2.wavSound15=./Aircraft/DMFS Shared Files/Vickers VC10 Panel/Attend2.wavSound16=./Aircraft/DMFS Shared Files/Vickers VC10 Panel/CGCG Pushback 1.wavSound17=./Aircraft/DMFS Shared Files/Vickers VC10 Panel/C Pushback 2.wavSound18=./Aircraft/DMFS Shared Files/Vickers VC10 Panel/G Pushback 3A.wavSound19=./Aircraft/DMFS Shared Files/Vickers VC10 Panel/G Pushback 4.wavSound20=./Aircraft/DMFS Shared Files/Vickers VC10 Panel/C Pushback 5.wavSound21=./Aircraft/DMFS Shared Files/Vickers VC10 Panel/G Pushback 6.wav[LVars]Lvar00=DM SOUND ALERTLvar01=DM SOUND BEEPLvar02=DM SOUND V1Lvar03=DM SOUND VRLvar04=Sound_FireLvar05=Sound_sbLvar06=Sound_Attend3Lvar07=Sound_buttonLvar08=Sound_clickLvar09=Sound_knobLvar10=Sound_leverLvar11=Sound_doorLvar12=Sound_airconLvar13=Sound_Attend1Lvar14=Sound_stall2Lvar15=Sound_Attend2Lvar16=Sound_CGCG Pushback 1Lvar17=Sound_C Pushback 2Lvar18=Sound_G Pushback 3ALvar19=Sound_G Pushback 4Lvar20=Sound_C Pushback 5Lvar21=Sound_G Pushback 6

And of course the gauge that you want to cativate the sounds should have something like this<Click>1 (>L:Sound_G Pushback 4,enum)</Click>vololiberista

You are wrong David. You are wasting your time using any other callout gauge other than the one "Opa" recommended.A callout gauge must be customisable for each aircraft as each aircraft has a different height off the ground.Radalt callouts aid smooth landings immeasurably..... but only if they are accurate.
Ed can you recommend your settings for the 747-200 in this gauge?

Another nice feature is that you can make the calls come from your flight engineer's voice on a three-crewed aircraft, great if you fly older aircraft.John
How do you set that up ? I cant find it in FDC.

Ed can you recommend your settings for the 747-200 in this gauge?
I don't have my FS computer at the moment. You can write a simple XML gauge that will give you a text readout of your aircraft height off the ground. (A:RADIO HEIGHT,feet) Simply write this number into Rob's gauge....for example the default height in Rob's gauge is 10ft 10 (>L:GPWS_BasicRALT,number) (* Basic R-Alt when aircraft on ground (feet) *)Learn to do this and you can configure the gauge for any aircraft.....if you dive a bit deeper you find you can easily configure the calloutsfor Airbus or Boeing or even meter callouts for Russian aircraft.Finally one of my pet hates is hearing the callouts in tower and spot views..... also easily disabled with a little extra code. :(

thanks for the guidance.indeed, in spot and tower ruins the video's.. :-(Johan

How do you set that up ? I cant find it in FDC.
Hi Johan,Options > Misc Items > Alt call tuning below 100' or Alt call tuning above 100'. Mine are set at 3 and 30 respectively.Speed call tuning will also customise your take-off speed calls.John

indeed, in spot and tower ruins the video's.. :-(Johan
For that you need to add (P:ACTIVE VIEW MODE,enum) 1 == to Rob's code. (one of the codes MS got rid of in FSX :( )....and last but not least it is also possible to suppress a callout when it the same as the minimums. :Nerd:edit* Hello Johan I have found a copy of my callout gauge on a backup drive and the radalt height for my POSKY 742 is 17

For anyone not familiar with Rob Barendregt's work, I would strongly recommend doing a search on his last name in the FS2004 file section here at AVSIM. He's done a lot of really cool and useful gauges to enhance the Flight Sim experience.
Thanks for the free advertising ... :( Cheers, Rob

For that you need to add (P:ACTIVE VIEW MODE,enum) 1 == to Rob's code. (one of the codes MS got rid of in FSX :( )
Hi Ed,You'd should have used a more negative smiley (like :( ) in your comment .... :( On the other hand, MS finally got the events/variable for DecisionHeight right in FSX ...Cheers, Rob