Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

RXP 530 install

Lets make this a new topic.The panel.cfg change is not hard, and thanks to Carenado, it fits!I typically make a new panel folder (copy of the original) and name it panel.530Open the panel.cfg file with Notepad and make the following changes //--------------------------------------------------------[Vcockpit03]...gauge00=rxpGNS!GNS530, 2,162,318,229gauge01=rxpGNS!plate, 2,392,318,110 Then open the aircraft.cfg file and choose a Variation that you wantthe 530 to show up in, and set panel=530 for that variation. ..and to my (happy) surprise, Carenado has made the lightmap changesimple also.Go to the texture.common folder and copy the panel_C340_3_night.bmp fileto the texture folder of the Variation you want the 530 to show up in.Open this bmp file with your favorite picture editor and fill in the two big white rectangleswith black. Save the bmp as a 32 bit bmp file. And go fly!BTW, the empty space under the GNS can be used for a replacement autopilot,such as the RXP STEC AP.

Bert

Hi Bert,I was just about to e-mail you and ask if this was possible.Thanks for the data.Tom

And here is what the 530 and STEC combo looks like, with the lightmapfix applied.[Vcockpit03]...gauge00=rxpGNS!GNS530, 2,162,318,229gauge01=rxpFLN!ST55X, 2,394,318,80...gauge08=rxpGNS!plate, 2,476,318,30Delete all references to the original AP, if you makethis modification :(

Bert

Very nice, Bert. However,what are you going to do about having a useless VOR indicator (i.e. now you have only 1 NAV selector)? Maybe a tradeoff for using the 530 in the 340II?

Bert, pardon my ignorance, but exactly what is the "lightmap fix"? I know how to do the rest, but this is new to me.Thanks,Robert

Bert, pardon my ignorance, but exactly what is the "lightmap fix"? I know how to do the rest, but this is new to me.Thanks,Robert
The lightmap provides lighting during the night-time hours.If you do not change it, you will see the 2X430 pattern at night (look in the 430 thread for a screen-shot).If you only fly during daytime hours, it does not matter..
Very nice, Bert. However,what are you going to do about having a useless VOR indicator (i.e. now you have only 1 NAV selector)? Maybe a tradeoff for using the 530 in the 340II?
Correct, it is all about trade-offs..If you really want to, the RXP GNS530 will tune both NAV1 and NAV2!

Bert

Thank you very much Bert, the 530 fits perfectly. :(

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Bert,I tried installing the 530 per your instructions but have a wierd anomaly. It appears the lower GNS430 knobs are showing thru the lower half of the 530 and the blank plate. It is preventing some functions of the 530.I have tried to attach a screen shot. Also the pop up is still of the 430.Thanks,Tom

Bert,I tried installing the 530 per your instructions but have a wierd anomaly. It appears the lower GNS430 knobs are showing thru the lower half of the 530 and the blank plate. It is preventing some functions of the 530.I have tried to attach a screen shot. Also the pop up is still of the 430.Thanks,Tom
Hi Tom,You have to turn off the 3d knobs (shift-3 and deselect the option).If you want this option to be be the default for this variation, youneed to add a little gauge to the panel. I've posted this as a separate topic.Regarding the popup... you need a bit of panel editing and RXP experience,but let me step you through it.1. Delete the existing popup linegauge07=C340!Toggle_GPS, 72,181,182,1132. Use the RXPGNS config utility to add a GNS 530 to this aircraft, that should install the RXP popup window

Bert

Correct, it is all about trade-offs..If you really want to, the RXP GNS530 will tune both NAV1 and NAV2!Could you replace the ADF receiver on the top of the transponder with the NAV/COMM 2 receiver that came with the 340? Or would that be too difficult? I'm thinking 2 NAV receivers would be more valuable than an ADF (unless you're shooting NDB approaches, of course). Others may disagree, of course. Todd

Hi Tom,You have to turn off the 3d knobs (shift-3 and deselect the option).If you want this option to be be the default for this variation, youneed to add a little gauge to the panel. You can look it up on the Grand Caravanforum, or I can post it here one more time..Regarding the popup... you need a bit of panel editing and RXP experience,but let me step you through it.1. Delete the existing popup linegauge07=C340!Toggle_GPS, 72,181,182,1132. Use the RXPGNS config utility to add a GNS 530 to this aircraft, that should install the RXP popup window
Thanks Bert,I will give it a try.Tom

Bert,Could you please post your settings for the RXP STEC AP?I'd love to install it but my skills are more than limited in panel editing ... :wacko:EDIT: I own the RxP FLT/FLN modules, obviously :--)

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Could you replace the ADF receiver on the top of the transponder with the NAV/COMM 2 receiver that came with the 340? Or would that be too difficult? I'm thinking 2 NAV receivers would be more valuable than an ADF (unless you're shooting NDB approaches, of course). Others may disagree, of course. Todd
If you have a suitable NAV2 radio from any other airplane, you can install it.You could even leave the ADF receiver and replace the radar unit..
Bert,Could you please post your settings for the RXP STEC AP?I'd love to install it but my skills are more than limited in panel editing ... :wacko:EDIT: I own the RxP FLT/FLN modules, obviously :--)
David,It is listed above in this same thread.. :(

Bert

David,It is listed above in this same thread.. :(
:( Indeed!!! :--))))Thanks again for sharing your knowledge Bert.

Best regards,
David Roch

:( Indeed!!! :--))))Thanks again for sharing your knowledge Bert.
BTW, you may want an altitude pre-selector which I missin this aircraft, since the Century 21 autopilot that comes withthis aircraft does not have one :( Century 21 manual here:http://www.centuryflight.com/manuals/68S805.pdfThe RXP STEC AP does have one and if you set the popup=settings in the rxpFLN.ini fileST55X.Popup=15532ST55X.MaxVS=1800ST55X.MaxAlt=30000ST645.Popup=ST360.Popup=15532and add a popup window to the panel.cfg file//--------------------------------------------------------[Window04]position=6size_mm=100,45visible=0zorder=3BACKGROUND_COLOR=0,0,0ident=15532gauge00=rxpFLN!ST360,0,0,100,45you can pop up the selector by clicking on the AP in the cockpit.

Bert