Sign in to follow this  
darem

THIS changed FSX for me

Apart from the fact IF remembers where your plane is, what I find to be useful is that fuel calc and payload are done for you (I think the payload should be random but for some reason I always seem to get the same number of passengers each time I fly the same plane). I don't care for the scoring or pilot tables (you can just ignore them), but overall it's the interface FSX should have had.

Have to concur that I love the ease it provides. I enjoy the randomness of locations it provides. I have landed my lil GA at airports I normally wouldn't even blink twice about and the fact that it remember the state of my plane as I exit makes me chuckle. Forgot to refuel on one trip and had to return. I have all the flight planners also, but being married/working this just saves me alot of time and it presents it in a very nice layout.
Thanks for this and other replies having looked at the demo I just wanted to be clear on exactly what IF did and why it obviously has such an appeal to many simmers and to make sure there wasn't something about it that I had missed. One thing though, how does IF integrate with aircraft that have RXP Garmins as most of my GA aircraft do? The problem being that the RXP Garmins can't import FSX flightplans. I suppose you would just have to re-enter your IF flightplan into the RXP Garmin but that would take away the click and fly aspect and then there would be the problem of different navigation databases which you can get around but it is rather tedious.Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Thanks for this and other replies having looked at the demo I just wanted to be clear on exactly what IF did and why it obviously has such an appeal to many simmers and to make sure there wasn't something about it that I had missed. One thing though, how does IF integrate with aircraft that have RXP Garmins as most of my GA aircraft do? The problem being that the RXP Garmins can't import FSX flightplans. I suppose you would just have to re-enter your IF flightplan into the RXP Garmin but that would take away the click and fly aspect and then there would be the problem of different navigation databases which you can get around but it is rather tedious.Bruceb
Is there not a .PLN to .<whatever> converter, like PMDG has?Anyway, this appears to be an issue for anything that does not read the ACTUAL airport data from FSX in the first place... At least IF does this.Steve

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

I've been trying to use ideal flight with the level-d 767 and I have not been able to prepare a flight yet.I get a "flight could not be prepared" error.I've been trying to start cold and dark,as well as with engines running,and also used different profiles.Are the two products compatible?I purchased the product and love the concept,but I fly the LEvelD 767 most of the time and would appreciate some help here.Many thanksJK

I've been trying to use ideal flight with the level-d 767 and I have not been able to prepare a flight yet.I get a "flight could not be prepared" error.I've been trying to start cold and dark,as well as with engines running,and also used different profiles.Are the two products compatible?I purchased the product and love the concept,but I fly the LEvelD 767 most of the time and would appreciate some help here.Many thanksJK
Hi JK,An update to handle some more addon airports is about to be uploaded, which may be the cause if you are located at or trying to fly to an addon airport of the type. So it may be a good idea first to check a flight generated between two default airports. Then can you send me the aircraft.cfg for the level D 767? (simobjects folder) It could be the loading definitions or the fueling. I have tested most of the level D's so it should be OK, but they are upgrades from FS9 versions and some did not specify all the parameters properly. FSX and other addons do not need this data, IF has to have it bulit in to do the flight plans per plane, it so far does more than 99% of all addons and will soon be 100%. Regards;Steve

Hi JK,An update to handle some more addon airports is about to be uploaded, which may be the cause if you are located at or trying to fly to an addon airport of the type. So it may be a good idea first to check a flight generated between two default airports.Then can you send me the aircraft.cfg for the level D 767? (simobjects folder) It could be the loading definitions or the fueling. I have tested most of the level D's so it should be OK, but they are upgrades from FS9 versions and some did not specify all the parameters properly. FSX and other addons do not need this data, IF has to have it bulit in to do the flight plans per plane, it so far does more than 99% of all addons and will soon be 100%.Regards;Steve
I forgot, I have tested the LD 767 and that has a good .cfg, no problems there... Must be an addon airport that IF is not handling correctly. It could be that it's cured with the version I'm just testing (has a few more goodies too).Steve

I forgot, I have tested the LD 767 and that has a good .cfg, no problems there... Must be an addon airport that IF is not handling correctly. It could be that it's cured with the version I'm just testing (has a few more goodies too).Steve
Hi SteveI've sent you my aircraft.cfg by email.Thanks for your input.I don't have any addon scenery,so I don't think that's the issue in my case.JK

Just purchased, but having difficulty registering. I keep getting a message that the registration system is unavailable. I've turned off antivirus, still no luck.Anyone else have this problem and found a solution?Wilson

Just purchased, but having difficulty registering. I keep getting a message that the registration system is unavailable. I've turned off antivirus, still no luck.Anyone else have this problem and found a solution?Wilson
I checked and the server is OK.IF has to send info to it and if you turned off Norton it may still be the Windows firewall preventing the iflight10.exe to send data on http.regards;Steve

Is there not a .PLN to .<whatever> converter, like PMDG has?Anyway, this appears to be an issue for anything that does not read the ACTUAL airport data from FSX in the first place... At least IF does this.Steve
No. The RXP Garmin is based on the Garmin trainer - the applet Garmin supplies for real world pilots for training and it is hard coded with its own nav database. FSX flightplans can't be imported and flightplans have to be prepared using the Garmin's own (somewhat tedious) procedure although having done that flightplans can then be saved in the Garmin for future use. There is a similar issue with FSC in that you can't import FSX flightplans into that either although I would imagine IF wouldn't appeal to FSC users in the first place as they seem to be particular about using current nav databases as supplied by navigraph. The FSX database is now quite old and even the RXP Garmin has a (relatively) recent nav update. I will say this, not being able to import FSX flightplans into the RXP Garmins is a major hassle but the upside is that you get 99.9% of real world functionality.Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

No. The RXP Garmin is based on the Garmin trainer - the applet Garmin supplies for real world pilots for training and it is hard coded with its own nav database. FSX flightplans can't be imported and flightplans have to be prepared using the Garmin's own (somewhat tedious) procedure although having done that flightplans can then be saved in the Garmin for future use. There is a similar issue with FSC in that you can't import FSX flightplans into that either although I would imagine IF wouldn't appeal to FSC users in the first place as they seem to be particular about using current nav databases as supplied by navigraph. The FSX database is now quite old and even the RXP Garmin has a (relatively) recent nav update. I will say this, not being able to import FSX flightplans into the RXP Garmins is a major hassle but the upside is that you get 99.9% of real world functionality.Bruceb
Yes but when the waypoints are not from FSX, ATC is useless. I'm not sure many people go through that trouble even if they don't use ATC.IF presents a near infinite set of routes for every plane, automatically geared to the plane with the most.accurate ETA and fuel calculation available. Personally, to get that, I would forego really real waypoints and be happy with the unreal FSX subset - they are after all only several alternative lat lon locations.Steve

Steve,The military filter is not working, I selected the B-52 from 1 ~ 12 hr flight and each time it tells me it cannot find airports according to my search criteria and to search again. If I uncheck to show all airports, there is a list including military bases....Also request we get the weather in our report regardless if we use Ideal Flight to generate the weather or not. I use ASE, however would still like to see the weather report.Thanks,

Steve,The military filter is not working, I selected the B-52 from 1 ~ 12 hr flight and each time it tells me it cannot find airports according to my search criteria and to search again. If I uncheck to show all airports, there is a list including military bases....Also request we get the weather in our report regardless if we use Ideal Flight to generate the weather or not. I use ASE, however would still like to see the weather report.Thanks,
Hi,Military Filter: Will check and fix that, thank you. One thing, try setting the runway length requirement in the flight parameters to a shorter runway.Weather report for other weather systems: Maybe later...Steve

Hi,Military Filter: Will check and fix that, thank you. One thing, try setting the runway length requirement in the flight parameters to a shorter runway.Weather report for other weather systems: Maybe later...Steve
Hi, well after checking, the military filters appear to be working perfectly.I wonder, if you look at the airports that you think should be deemed military; they must actually have military cargo and/or military combat ramps, otherwise there is no other data in the sim to differentiate between military and civilian airports.Steve

Hi Steve,Would you please also check something for me?I am unable to load the "IFlight.pln" into the ASE Briefing (change flight plan) screen because for some reason the departure and destination ICAOs do not display and ASE cannot process the flight plan. If you don't have ASE I will talk with HiFiSim and send them an IFlight generated flight plan.ThanksDavid