Sign in to follow this  
captain_knownbest

HOW BIG will be 737 NGX ?

stop....teasing!....its making me over think like rgamurot :( hahaMaybe its another aircraft Batting%20Eyelashes.gif, I doubt it but hey, we all gotta have dreams right?
I was going to say I hope it's a B712 but I'm afraid that if i open that can of worms...again, I'll get savagely beaten by them :(

Probably is the failure system...but i'm dreaming for the terrain radar that's must be a big file to contain all the data of the terrain of the world (for example, one FS great aircraft that models this feature have a 730MB file for the terrain data, and it's amazing during VFR approaches in airports like LOWI...)Cheers,

Could be a separate download for a fully functioning shared cockpit system? :Thinking:Wishful thinking Big%20Grin.gif

AMD 7900X  |  ASRock Steel Legend X670E  |  G.SKILL 32GB DDR5 6000  |  MSI 6950XT  |  Noctua NH-D14  

EVGA Super NOVA 850W  |  Cooler Master HAF932  |  Hisense 43" 4K UHD  |  Win11

Probably is the failure system...
I agree. We probably can't even begin to understand the complexity of how this system works. We never will understand because we are not going to see anything but some sort of interface. But I'd imagine that all the things that have to come together so that the system can accurately function must be astronomical.

I agree. We probably can't even begin to understand the complexity of how this system works. We never will understand because we are not going to see anything but some sort of interface. But I'd imagine that all the things that have to come together so that the system can accurately function must be astronomical.
I'm not so sure about that. No matter how complex, the failure system would still be code, so I don't see why it has to be big in terms of filesize

Probably is the failure system...but i'm dreaming for the terrain radar that's must be a big file to contain all the data of the terrain of the world (for example, one FS great aircraft that models this feature have a 730MB file for the terrain data, and it's amazing during VFR approaches in airports like LOWI...)
Guys,they have stated the EGPWS will read its data in real time from the corresponsing BGL files. While there are certainly different approaches to this problem like using an external (real life) database, in this case their solution is probably the most elegant one since what you see on your ND will match your simulated outside world. Makes only sense to me. Oh, and as always, I'm not claiming they haven't changed that as of yet, I'm just quoting what they have said in the past. :Whistle:Cheers,sig.gif

Guys,they have stated the EGPWS will read its data in real time from the corresponsing BGL files. While there are certainly different approaches to this problem like using an external (real life) database, in this case their solution is probably the most elegant one since what you see on your ND will match your simulated outside world. Makes only sense to me. Oh, and as always, I'm not claiming they haven't changed that as of yet, I'm just quoting what they have said in the past. :Whistle:Cheers,sig.gif
I forgot what they said before about the EGPWS...i'm only wondering about a file so big...I have no other ideas about it. EGPWS database and failures system are the candidates more possible...Maybe a 32-bit textures pack for VC, etc. etc? Being so detailed the VC, maybe PMDG is working on a "HD Overdrive" pack for textures....Big%20Grin.gifCheers,
I forgot what they said before over the EGPWS...i'm only wondering about a file so big...I have no other ideas about it. EGPWS database and failures system are the more possible candidates...Maybe a 32-bit textures pack for VC, etc. etc? Being so detailed the VC, maybe PMDG is working on a "HD Overdrive" pack for textures....Big%20Grin.gifCheers,

The base aircraft package is around 250MB right now. It will probably get larger, we ain't done yet. tongue.gif One feature in particular is going to be big, but will probably be a separate download.
And Leon's getting larrrrrrrrrgerrrrrrrr!!!!

Guest wims
Or maybe its the much waited for PMDG Woodpidgeon they are bundling in!!!
Its obviously the woodpidgeon, complete with pogostick

It's gotta be the pogo stick. I bet they added fly-by-wire to the pogo stick this time. Right? :( I happen to be one of the lucky ones with a fiber connection to my house, so 300 MB plus the "mystery feature" will be no problem at all for me. Probably just depends on how fast PMDG's servers will send the bits down the wire. Looking forward to it!