Sign in to follow this  
Superpilotv2

RealAir Turbine Duke

Compared to what I pay for the certified sim software RXP is way cheap! In fact one hour of rental for the Diamond DA40 pays for unlimited usage of the RXP suite!
I have ended getting the GNS530 - what a difference over the default GPS.. .. ...G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

I have ended getting the GNS530 - what a difference over the default GPS.. .. ...G
Nice, how are the frames?

Nice, how are the frames?
Seems to be slightly higher than using the default GPS, even with masses more detail on the display - although I haven't had chance to use it properly yet.... Will give real test once I get back from work !!G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

Wow, just checked their site and the GNS 530 seems to an expensive thing. It will have to wait till I have the Turbine Duke and can judge whether I need it.I had their GNS 430 build into the Dreamfleet Beech Bonanza for FS9. Was quite good and reliable, but I can´t use it on my 64 bit system, cause it has only an 16 bit trainer.

If you are talking about RXP GPs, yes you can use it on 64.I'm running the 430W on Win 7 64regards,Igor

If you are talking about RXP GPs, yes you can use it on 64.I'm running the 430W on Win 7 64regards,Igor
Igor, thanks for stating that it works also on Win7 64! I was under the impression that it didn't, well, at least the old 16 bit version of the trainer program... It means one step closer for me starting using FSX too! Any special considerations when installing into a FSX and Win7 64 bit environment?

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

Igor, thanks for stating that it works also on Win7 64! I was under the impression that it didn't, well, at least the old 16 bit version of the trainer program... It means one step closer for me starting using FSX too! Any special considerations when installing into a FSX and Win7 64 bit environment?
The GPS in the Dreamfleet Bonanza does NOT work under a 64-bit OS - not even in FS2004. The instrument that Igor is referring to is the current Reality XP GPS WAAS, which can be installed in the Bonanza for 64-bit use, and it does the job beautifully. However, you have to buy it first. Sorry,Dugald

Thanks Dugald for the help,Yeah Krister, I'm really sorry If I didn't make myself clear at first. I was referring to the current RXP 430/530 WAAS GPS. You can add them to any aircraft you want and works for both FS9 and FSX, but as Dugald stated, you have to have them of course.regards,Igor

The GPS in the Dreamfleet Bonanza does NOT work under a 64-bit OS - not even in FS2004. The instrument that Igor is referring to is the current Reality XP GPS WAAS, which can be installed in the Bonanza for 64-bit use, and it does the job beautifully. However, you have to buy it first. Sorry,Dugald
Jep, I was refering to the old 16 bit version. I don´t have to money to get the new version, so I´ll have to wait.

Jep, I was refering to the old 16 bit version. I don´t háve to meoney to get the new version, so I´ll have to wait.
It was me being not quite clear. I knew wou were referring to the standalone realityxp - I have the previous version - and I'am off to buy it now!

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

It was me being not quite clear. I knew wou were referring to the standalone realityxp - I have the previous version - and I'am off to buy it now!
It would be surely a better flight in the Duke with it, but I bought FTX PNW and installed it some seconds ago, so my money is near to zero. The new Duke and it´s all away!

I think I´ll leave the avionics how they are, cause the RXP gauges will eat some more frames and I don´t have too much of them.
I see absolutely no FPS hit from using RXP's gauges - I use them in all my GA stuff. My Carenado Bonanza is almost entirely RXP gauges now and it's one of the best performing aircraft I own.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Those of you contemplating the addition of the RXP GNS series for the Duke will not be disappointed. I have the complete series including the Unlimited pack and with the 430/530 combo installed in the Duke. I use the 430 for flight plan following and the 530 acts almost like a MFD with the TAWS and TCAD active, which is nice since the Duke otherwise wouldn't have a way of monitoring traffic. With both units installed and running I also have no performance hit in Win 7 64 so they run great and look awesome with the integration done by RealAir. It may be expensive for the Unlimited pack but its worth the investment if you like GA flying. 2011-2-15_1-6-38-214.jpg

Nick Preston

Excellent panel shot!Not-so-excellent headwind there hehe...

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Thanks!Headwinds on that trip were definitely messing with my speeds. I can't wait to have the power of two PT6's in this bird.

Nick Preston