Sign in to follow this  
Superpilotv2

RealAir Turbine Duke

Hi folks,I´m another proud owner of the RealAir Beech Duke and I´ve seen on the website that the turbine version is comming soon. It will take the allready very good performance of the Duke in another area. Does someone know the relaese date or whether the current Duke owners get a discount?

Hi Superpilotv2,I am not aware of any official release date from Realair. So I am checking the Realair website daily (even hourly) hoping to see the Turbine Duke. And, I suspect I am not alone regarding that behavior. I doubt if there will be a discount, as I understand the turbine version has required substantial development beyond the original. Best regards from Colorado USA,Bill

"A good landing is one you can walk away from. An excellent landing is one you can taxi away from."

Bill in Colorado:

Retired

Comm: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

CFI: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

Hi Superpilotv2,I am not aware of any official release date from Realair. So I am checking the Realair website daily (even hourly) hoping to see the Turbine Duke. And, I suspect I am not alone regarding that behavior. I doubt if there will be a discount, as I understand the turbine version has required substantial development beyond the original. Best regards from Colorado USA,Bill
Thanks. I want her right away!

Rob from RealAir did say that in fact there would be a discount for current Duke owners.Someone who spoke with RealAir via e-mail said they mentioned Feb,for release,.For what that's worthBig%20Grin.gif

Me too!

"A good landing is one you can walk away from. An excellent landing is one you can taxi away from."

Bill in Colorado:

Retired

Comm: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

CFI: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

You are not alone there !! My only question is whether to get the RXP GNS530 / GNS430 or not, since I will be spending a lot more time in the Duke with the new capabilities it has !!!G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

You are not alone there !! My only question is whether to get the RXP GNS530 / GNS430 or not, since I will be spending a lot more time in the Duke with the new capabilities it has !!!G
I think I´ll leave the avionics how they are, cause the RXP gauges will eat some more frames and I don´t have too much of them.

I would sure recommend the RXP units. They look so nice and add a lot to the sim. I too am waiting for the upgraded Duke. The RXP units are nice in the Orbx Lancair also. I now fly the Duke and Lancair about 95% of the time. I was just thinking this morning that it is going to take a lot to get me to move to the new flight that is down the road. I can not imagine trying to fly with out Real Air and Orbx. The Duke and Lancair just simply leave the other GA developers in the dust. Of course the Flight One Mustang is an exception to that rule for the small jet guys.

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

I think I´ll leave the avionics how they are, cause the RXP gauges will eat some more frames and I don´t have too much of them.
Actually when I put the RXP GNS430 in the regular Duke, my FPS got noticeably better. The default GPS is AWFUL on FPS.

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

Actually when I put the RXP GNS430 in the regular Duke, my FPS got noticeably better. The default GPS is AWFUL on FPS.
Really? That´s somehow strange.

Really? That´s somehow strange.
The recent RealityXP GNS updates include some code for moving the GPS to a different CPU core than the one the primary FS thread runs on, so it's no mystery to me that performance could be better than what you get using a GPS that's stuck competing with all the other things the FS core is doing.RegardsBob ScottColonel, USAF (ret)ATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VColorado Springs, CO

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

That is an easy question... the RXP units are so much betterthan the FSX default, and the RealAir Duke integration is so welldone, that getting a 530 or 430 is a no-brainer IMHO.Now you can do GPS approaches with lateral and vertical guidanceand you have terrain awareness.. etc etcAs for fps impact.. none that I have experienced.

Bert

The recent RealityXP GNS updates include some code for moving the GPS to a different CPU core than the one the primary FS thread runs on, so it's no mystery to me that performance could be better than what you get using a GPS that's stuck competing with all the other things the FS core is doing.RegardsBob ScottColonel, USAF (ret)ATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VColorado Springs, CO
Bob:Is the code you speak of built into the coding of the unit or is there a setting that I may have missed. Always looking for better performance....LOL I have good performance with latest release "out of the box" so to speak.

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

Must admit that the vc with the 530 & 430 looks fantastic but the cost is a bit steep. If you want the ability to crossfeed then it is insane....G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

Must admit that the vc with the 530 & 430 looks fantastic but the cost is a bit steep. If you want the ability to crossfeed then it is insane....G
Compared to what I pay for the certified sim software RXP is way cheap! In fact one hour of rental for the Diamond DA40 pays for unlimited usage of the RXP suite!

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888