Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marniftarr

EZCA 2.0 wish list.

Hi dear comunity! Development EZCA 2 is completed.Now we want to add in EZCA your wishes to refine the new version. Here about new features:http://www.simforums.com/forums/topic38545_post226300.html#226300Note:EZdok Camera (EZCA) is a camera and effects system and manager that enhances the pilot experience in FSX. It offers view control in Flight Simulator for easy navigation throughout the virtual cockpit and cabin, around the aircraft, and around the Flight Simulator world. But also very exciting are the effects exerted on the pilot, immersing the virtual pilot in a more realistic physical simulation of aviation. We believe EZCA is one of the "Must Have" technologies for FSX. EZCA is a tool that incorporates visual effects of both pilot and camera shake, caused by aircraft accelerations, surfaces, and turbulence, that makes flying in Flight Simulator more immersing and realistic. EZCA is also a great tool that can be used by flight sim movie making enthusiasts to make their videos more exciting.

As noted on your Simfoums thread, I'd like to see presets for certain categories of aircraft (Light GA, Medium GA, Turboprop, etc.) similar to the ones provided in FS Force. The settings could then be tweaked further but it wouldn't be necessary to dig into the settings to get started.

Would be nice but I can live without it : the possibility to re-assign all EZCA shortcuts (including A, Shift-A, S, Shift-S, arrow and numpad keys) to a device such as i.e. a Saitek Command Pad, thus avoiding the hassle of having to remove standard FSX assignments ?Looking forward to the video :(

I've devoted a lot of time creating my VC views. It appears these views cannot be exported to the new version. It would be great if the parameters for these views could be exported from v1.7 and then imported into v2. Otherwise, all those who have tediously created custom views for every plane will have to carefully review and describe the views used in each plane and then try and replicate them in the new version. Note that I'm talking only about the views, not the motion effects.Thanks,Robert

I've devoted a lot of time creating my VC views. It appears these views cannot be exported to the new version. It would be great if the parameters for these views could be exported from v1.7 and then imported into v2. Otherwise, all those who have tediously created custom views for every plane will have to carefully review and describe the views used in each plane and then try and replicate them in the new version. Note that I'm talking only about the views, not the motion effects.Thanks,Robert
I was thinking about that myself. I think what I'll do is take screenshots of each camera view in v1.7, then attempt to match those views in v2. Since v2 is a different design, I don't know of any other way.

We can make import camera lists and 6DOF coordinates for each camera from previous BD. But all motions adjustments will stay for v2.0 and will not compatible with 1.17

Marniftarr has put a short demo on YouTube:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCSeL3A4G04

I've read what I understand to be some isolated conflicts with bglmanx as used by FSDreamTeam and Flightbeam sceneries. I use those sceneries along with TrackIR.Have those issues with EZCA been settled... or will they? I've wanted to try EZCA and have been waiting for 2.0 to release.Regards,

I've read what I understand to be some isolated conflicts with bglmanx as used by FSDreamTeam and Flightbeam sceneries. I use those sceneries along with TrackIR.Have those issues with EZCA been settled... or will they? I've wanted to try EZCA and have been waiting for 2.0 to release.Regards,
We work under it...

I've been reading that as well, however I have been using EZCA with all the FSDT sceneries since it came out and also now with the Flightbeam KSFO and haven't had any problems with them interacting. I wonder if it has to do with what OS the users are using that are having issues?

Thanks Marniftarr and Sean - I'll pick up EZCA 2.0 when it becomes available!

Is 2.0 a free upgrade for existing EZCA v1.17 users?
No. Marniftarr already brought that up a few weeks ago. It's a completely new re-write, more user-friendly and better functionality.

So let's hope existant users will have discount. rolleyes.gif

No upgrade?@%$&!! I just bought this 3 days ago....wish I had known. Wish they had hinted there was a completely new one in the works that was about to be released.

I think that especially for ones who bought it recently, it's generally a pain to have to pay again for v2.I also think it would be rather bad business decision to make everyone pay full new price for v2. For one, I won't be doing it. I have v1, was pretty disappointed by it, due to extremely complicated usage and no profiles for current aircraft (not even some defaults to load).

No upgrade?@%$&!! I just bought this 3 days ago....wish I had known. Wish they had hinted there was a completely new one in the works that was about to be released.
From Flight1? Return and get a refund...

Flight1 do offer a 30 day money back guarantee,

Paid upgrade? Thought 2.0 was just going to fix most of what people hated the most out of 1.5, the fact that it was poorly docemented and non-user friendly.