Sign in to follow this  
blackheart2502

Update?

Hi there,Not sure if anyone is still answering questions on the NGX? It certainly seems to be an awesome looking and functioning piece of kit - well done chaps!My question is about the sound package... firstly something that I have yet to find in any addon commercial aircraft is great external engine noise...and it certainly is a noise that I am craving - the loud roar that you can feel in your very bones as power is applied on the take off run - now I do realise that times have chasnged an awfull lot in relation to engine noise (comparing an old 737 - 200 Adv with its Pratt & Whitney JT8Ds with a modern 737 NG with modern powerplants is like comparing apples and oranges) however I do always feel the external sounds are a little on the tame side.The other question I have relates to the sound of the #3 engine...the APU, are we going to get an external sound of our APU running?Thats it many thanks - really looking forward to getting my hands on her as I am expecting more of the same high quality, boundry pushing stuff I've found with your other products that I own (737 NG, 747-400, and the mighty MD-11)Many thanks!Anthony Milner

Anthony Milner

Hi Anthony, I can understand your liking the engine sounds from aircraft but you seem to forget that people live in and around airports and have done so before the airport was built, as a result the authorities have placed restrictions i.e. Noise Abatement at certain airports which have to be adhered to, that way everyone is happy. richard welsh.

Hi Anthony, I can understand your liking the engine sounds from aircraft but you seem to forget that people live in and around airports and have done so before the airport was built, as a result the authorities have placed restrictions i.e. Noise Abatement at certain airports which have to be adhered to, that way everyone is happy. richard welsh.
I don't think you totally understood what he was saying. All he wants is for the sounds to be realistic. He is not advocating that Boeing fit their aircraft with the loudest engines possible. He just doesn't want the engines in FS to sound unrealistically tame.David Lynn

Just my two cents, but why don't you guys just make the version "as it is today" available for free on the internet ? After all, I'm sure the aircraft is flyable and I don't look for a 100% perfect products with 99,99% of the systems ready... ?... see your customers are funny too...Greg

too much, too soon....

I think it will be released in 2114 :) What do you think?. Oh it's only joke, don't be so serious. Funny?Lukas Turecky

short-term vacations was a joke and said in-jest right? We're not ultra-serious people here lol, we do make jokes.
Glad that your airplane addon are much better than your jokes :biggrin:Ben

Hi Richard,Thanks for your reply,I understand your point completely and David has hit the nail on the head - I am fully aware of noise abatement procedures and I know they've been around for donkeys. Concorde had strict noise abatement procedures in and out of JFK and Heathrow - as well as I suspect most airfields she travelled to...except perhaps the middle east where a lot of places dont even bother with speed restrictions.I on the other hand had to write a letter of appology to the CAA in South Africa for noise and low flying - I was buzzing my house - silly thing to do and I learned my lesson pretty quick!When I was talking about tame sounds it was regarding FS and not the real world.Many thanks,Anthony Milnerps. sometimes the airport was there first - Heathrow for example was built in the middle of farmland and the houses came later...as did the moaning about the noise.

Anthony Milner

Just my two cents, but why don't you guys just make the version "as it is today" available for free on the internet ? After all, I'm sure the aircraft is flyable and I don't look for a 100% perfect products with 99,99% of the systems ready... ?... see your customers are funny too...Greg
I was gonna reply a crude remark but after seeing that last bit I :(