Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nemo

Stars reflecting on water surface

Hi,is it possible to reduce, or better to avoid, that stars are reflected on the water surface at night? I'm using REX and UTX as well as FTX scenery. I also did some research on the forums but could not find a goog solution. Maybe bojotes shader mod and/or the fswater configurator could be used for this purpose. But I have no experience with those tools. Maybe someone can guide me towards the right direction.best regardsHarry

Not sure but I know you can't use the shader mod and the fs water configurator together

I always find water way too visible at night, so I turn down the water setting all the way, which gives me a dark night, like it's supposed to be.

I always find water way too visible at night, so I turn down the water setting all the way, which gives me a dark night, like it's supposed to be.
Agreed...on a night with a full moon, sometimes the water looks like photoluminescent milk with the funky reflections.

Agreed...on a night with a full moon, sometimes the water looks like photoluminescent milk with the funky reflections.
FSX out of the box looks like that for everyone.You can get rid of that using FSWC. I started using FSWC a few years ago and personally like using the preset titled "Orions" settings. Using that has cleared up the horrible reflections on the water at night when there is a full moon as well as giving the ocean a more realistic sun glare during the day, all without having to turn down the water settings.