Sign in to follow this  
Mike_CFII_MEL

KMIA Scenery

Hi,Any good payware/non-payware FSX KMIA scenery?.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Not yet unfortunately.The Intersim guys a few months ago said their version would be ready in 45 days, but 45 days came and passed with no release. It's been an on going thing with them and they only seem to come alive when FSDT says that they are going to do KMIA.However, if you own the FS9 version of KMIA by FlyTampa, a fellow has been working on a port for it and is going to release the ADE file and instructions on what files to include or delete to make it work in FSX. He also posted some screen shots on the FlyTampa forum. It looks pretty good so far and is better than the default in my opinion, although it will rely on using either stock or REX arpon, runway, and taxiway textures. It looks like the one terminal of which I cant recall the name/number/letter of was demolished as well in the screen shots, as it was in real life. Dont know how up to date it is with the real airport though, but it looks better than the default version in my opinion.Have a look at this link and screen shots and judge for yourself. I will probably give it a shot in the meantime while we wait for either FSDT or the Intersim version to surface.http://www.flytampa.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4755

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Hi,I have no problems messing with files and folders, I'll give it a go when it comes out.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

I thought Latin VFR was also working on a version. I certainly appreciate an effort to use a Fly Tampa upgrade. As soon as the files are available, I'll dust off my old FlyTampa KMIA copy.Thanks!!!!!

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I thought Latin VFR was also working on a version. I certainly appreciate an effort to use a Fly Tampa upgrade. As soon as the files are available, I'll dust off my old FlyTampa KMIA copy.Thanks!!!!!
Latin VFR has abandonned the project (which was a smart decision if FSDT is doing it) to pursue TJSJ instead, which is great news.

I'm actually in the middle of a flight in the PMDG MD-11 (KLM flight 627) from EHAM to KMIA, a new route for KLM. I'm using a FS9 KMIA from Frame Rate Friendly Studio, which is freeware.They have plenty of airports which look fine in FSX , they only require some small adjustments to make them FSX compliant. Basically, you would add the scenery file to your FSX library, and open the AFCAD in ADE or Airport Facilitator X to add an exclusion rectangle to remove the stock FSX buildings.Their scenery for KMIA is now at version 4, and reflects the recent changes to the terminal buildings and taxiways. Unfortunately, the new International Terminal G texture and a few other buildings have an anomoly which shows some parts as black, but I still feel its much better than default.You can find their work at http://www.frfstudio.net/home.htmlI also use their PANC and VIDP, which have no addon alternatives in FSX, at least not yet.EDIT: here are two screenshots of the FRF KMIA I took a few days ago, preparing for my Atlantic crossing to EHAM:

Hi,Thanks for all the replys/info. Based on what I've seen and the possible imminent release of Johnathan's Flytampa KMIA port over, guess I'll wait for the Flytampa port over.

I'm actually in the middle of a flight in the PMDG MD-11 (KLM flight 627) from EHAM to KMIA, a new route for KLM. I'm using a FS9 KMIA from Frame Rate Friendly Studio, which is freeware.They have plenty of airports which look fine in FSX , they only require some small adjustments to make them FSX compliant. Basically, you would add the scenery file to your FSX library, and open the AFCAD in ADE or Airport Facilitator X to add an exclusion rectangle to remove the stock FSX buildings.Their scenery for KMIA is now at version 4, and reflects the recent changes to the terminal buildings and taxiways. Unfortunately, the new International Terminal G texture and a few other buildings have an anomoly which shows some parts as black, but I still feel its much better than default.You can find their work at http://www.frfstudio.net/home.htmlI also use their PANC and VIDP, which have no addon alternatives in FSX, at least not yet.

Hi,I guess Jonathan ran into some unforeseen problems porting Flytampa's KMIA. I noticed on his Cayman Airways forum he expected to be finished on May 7th. or at the latest May 8th. I also didn't see any notice that he was going to release this to the flightsim community, maybe its done and he is enjoying it.Did he ever say it was going to be released to the flightsim community?. I wonder how Flytampa feels about this private portover.

Not yet unfortunately.The Intersim guys a few months ago said their version would be ready in 45 days, but 45 days came and passed with no release. It's been an on going thing with them and they only seem to come alive when FSDT says that they are going to do KMIA.However, if you own the FS9 version of KMIA by FlyTampa, a fellow has been working on a port for it and is going to release the ADE file and instructions on what files to include or delete to make it work in FSX. He also posted some screen shots on the FlyTampa forum. It looks pretty good so far and is better than the default in my opinion, although it will rely on using either stock or REX arpon, runway, and taxiway textures. It looks like the one terminal of which I cant recall the name/number/letter of was demolished as well in the screen shots, as it was in real life. Dont know how up to date it is with the real airport though, but it looks better than the default version in my opinion.Have a look at this link and screen shots and judge for yourself. I will probably give it a shot in the meantime while we wait for either FSDT or the Intersim version to surface.http://www.flytampa.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4755

Hi,I guess Jonathan ran into some unforeseen problems porting Flytampa's KMIA. I noticed on his Cayman Airways forum he expected to be finished on May 7th. or at the latest May 8th. I also didn't see any notice that he was going to release this to the flightsim community, maybe its done and he is enjoying it.Did he ever say it was going to be released to the flightsim community?. I wonder how Flytampa feels about this private portover.
Maybe its taking longer that he expected to finish all the little details.Did he ever say it was going to be released to the flightsim community? - Yes, he said in the FlyTampa thread that he would upload the ADE and well as instructions.I wonder how Flytampa feels about this private portover? - They have said repeatedly that they dont care as long as NO files from the original scenery are distributed. Maybe it will get released this weekend?

The update files were released yesterday. JAHUAccording to Jonathan, it's not complete yet, but he will release an update.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I gave it a shot today.It's not bad but there are way to many transparency issues for me that cause a lot of flashing of textures in and out. Some of these might be able to be corrected using a model converter program however. I might try that later today, but the only problem is that if those issue can be fixed by me or Jonathan, the files wont be able to be redistributed.