Sign in to follow this  
Squishy

ProFlight Emulator questions

So I have to add SIDs for all airports??edit: btw, what pilot/atc voice do you guys use? I find that some sound pretty good yet some others sound worse than RC4 (i.e. like a robot).Thanks
You input the SID for your departure airport!The voices on PFE are much better than RC4vololiberista

You input the SID for your departure airport!The voices on PFE are much better than RC4vololiberista
Ye ok, I hoped they would have a database for all SIDs.Anyway, I know most voices are better than RC4. However I just installed the voice-pack and some of the ATC voices are really nice while others are absolutely horrible.I'd like to know if anyone knows which one to use?"

Ye ok, I hoped they would have a database for all SIDs.Anyway, I know most voices are better than RC4. However I just installed the voice-pack and some of the ATC voices are really nice while others are absolutely horrible.I'd like to know if anyone knows which one to use?"
I use PFE and FDC together on all flights when using large jets. In PFE, British pilot 12 (New) and FDC, Copilot 02, Captain 16. Graham Jackson, voice set 12 (new) in PFE is my choice, he sounds very smooth and professional. His voice set was also used with the Optional NEW voice set to compliment FDC/PFE interaction.

fdc_pfe_supporter.jpg

I use PFE and FDC together on all flights when using large jets. In PFE, British pilot 12 (New) and FDC, Copilot 02, Captain 16. Graham Jackson, voice set 12 (new) in PFE is my choice, he sounds very smooth and professional. His voice set was also used with the Optional NEW voice set to compliment FDC/PFE interaction.
Thanks, that's a lot better.How do you set ATC voices? I was just in heathrow but one of the towers sounded indian 100% robot

Thanks, that's a lot better.How do you set ATC voices? I was just in heathrow but one of the towers sounded indian 100% robot
And an Indian voice guiding you seems too amateur, does it ? I'm Indian... and a bloody proud one! (Sings to 'Jai Ho' from Slumdog Millionaire now with approximately 500 dancers)Aah, I'm just messing with ya .. That can be customized through the voice pack settings like some of the previous users mentioned.Then again, like Russell Peters said, when the Brits left India - we tagged along. So don't be surprised to hear an Indian ATC at Heathrow. London is practically 'India' too. Have I crossed a line yet or perhaps stepped on a nerve ? My apologies. Purely jovial comments. Big%20Grin.gifCheers 'mate'

What voice pack settings?I have accent settings... but UK says it has 17 base packages but I cannot delete one

What voice pack settings?I have accent settings... but UK says it has 17 base packages but I cannot delete one
To identify a voice set, please run PFE with the 'Closed Caption' and 'Display Voice Set ID' features turned ON, which you can enable from the main Options #1 page. Once you have identified the voice set(s) you wish you exclude, simply select them under the option 'Suppress Individual Voice Sets' (viewed after clicking on the setting on the main PFE page) and you're good to go.Hope this helps.Cheers,

To identify a voice set, please run PFE with the 'Closed Caption' and 'Display Voice Set ID' features turned ON, which you can enable from the main Options #1 page. Once you have identified the voice set(s) you wish you exclude, simply select them under the option 'Suppress Individual Voice Sets' (viewed after clicking on the setting on the main PFE page) and you're good to go.Hope this helps.Cheers,
Thanks, i'll give it a shot.
2. During a flight PFE will determine the runway to use at your destination. It does this by first checking to see which runway is currently being used by AI traffic. If there are no AI traffic currently taking off, landing or on route to your destination airport PFE will assign a runway determined by wind direction. The Pilot can help predetermine his intended runway by selecting the wind direction in the Weather menu prior to starting PFE. For those using "real Weather“ or some other weather generating program, they will be subject to the "actual“ wind direction.Hope this helps :)Cheers
Then what is the "use PFE real weather"? I can't turn it off because it won't compile my FP.Anyway, I still find PFE very buggy. I just tried again with the newest PFE, this time from EHAM to EGLL. Again the ATC gave me other directions than the FP i compiled.I insert the route I saved and compiled from vroute in my FMC, yet it's never the same as the FP PFE wants me to follow.Do I have to use adjust ("adjust FS FP for PF2000") my fp after I've converted my FSX FP? It says it'll remove waypoints that are too close, but with this method my FMC won't be the same as PFE's FP either.Thanks

Thanks, i'll give it a shot.Then what is the "use PFE real weather"? I can't turn it off because it won't compile my FP.Anyway, I still find PFE very buggy. I just tried again with the newest PFE, this time from EHAM to EGLL. Again the ATC gave me other directions than the FP i compiled.I insert the route I saved and compiled from vroute in my FMC, yet it's never the same as the FP PFE wants me to follow.Do I have to use adjust ("adjust FS FP for PF2000") my fp after I've converted my FSX FP? It says it'll remove waypoints that are too close, but with this method my FMC won't be the same as PFE's FP either.Thanks
Try this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNDzivPCFocBryan.

That's exactly what I do, except for changing waypoint altitudes
Probably the best thing to do is contact the dev at their support forums.Also try reading the manual again, if you are confused about adjust FS FP for PF2000 then possibly you might need to read a bit more carefully.Bryan.

Just for the record, real world ATC may also give you "other directions than the FP" you file. Other aircraft in the area, Weather, and probably other factors may demand this. This only adds realism IMHO. I know this is a nusience relative to a planned approach programmed into an FMC, or a simple flight plan in a less complex aircraft, but it is not unrealistic. ATC will modify your flight plan at just about any level.Happy flying:RTH

Thanks, i'll give it a shot.Then what is the "use PFE real weather"? I can't turn it off because it won't compile my FP.Anyway, I still find PFE very buggy. I just tried again with the newest PFE, this time from EHAM to EGLL. Again the ATC gave me other directions than the FP i compiled.I insert the route I saved and compiled from vroute in my FMC, yet it's never the same as the FP PFE wants me to follow.Do I have to use adjust ("adjust FS FP for PF2000") my fp after I've converted my FSX FP? It says it'll remove waypoints that are too close, but with this method my FMC won't be the same as PFE's FP either.Thanks

Why? weather was clear! And i'm fine with direct to waypoint (like on vatsim) but the ATC just says fly heading 150, then later says follow own navigation. Well I gotta turn back 50 degrees to get on my own FP again. Doesn't make any sense.

Sorry for all my questions, but I think the manual is really vague. It explains the function of the buttons but not how to use it in practice.About SID/STAR. When I import my FP from EHAM->EGLL I can select EGLL STAR but not EHAM SIDs. Why? Why isn't there SIDs available for EHAM? If i enter EGLL in the SID/STAR menu, it doesn't show any STARs, yet they are available. Where does PFE get the EGLL stars from??