Sign in to follow this  
computerpilot

Garmin GNS430

Hi, all,I have recently started using the wonderful Carenado Cessna 208B Grand Caravan. I am trying to figure out the GNS430, but I'm having a problem. I can not find a click spot to activate the cursor. I have read the .pdf concerning this GNS, and it says that anything not mentioned (and the cursor is not) works like the FSX default Garmin 530. However, it doesn't work for me. Also, when I bring out the GNS430 as a popup, I can not get it to resize. Any suggestions?Thanks,Steve

From previous posts there does seem to be a problem with the clickspot for the cursor in the VC for some (but not all..). Doesn't work for me either. Pop-up cursor is fine however, but it is at the extreme right edge of the knob and not a very big area either.

Interestingly, i have just looked at my Caravan and noticed the knobs on the VC were the wrong way round (left one says 'cursor' right says 'swap C/V') but the pop-up is correct. If you select no-3d-knobs from the shift-3 menu the buttons are correct and the clickspots for swapping the comm/nav frequencies (C/V) and the cusor now work. The 3-d knobs are obviously named wrongly and also cover the clickspots.

Hi, Theteeboy, Thanks for your replies! I did notice that those knobs were labelled backwards. I was doing some reading and found another post where someone recommended the units made by Reality XP. I decided to give them a try and bought them. They are awesome! You might want to give them a try too. I have never used the real Garmin offerings because my health is too bad for me to pass a medical so I can't take lessons. But because the Reality XP offerings use the Garmin user guides for operation, they must be close!Thanks again!Steve

look here for corrected GNS430.. Much improved clickspots.. alos you can resize by using left and top sections of the adjusted gauge.. and a lot more additional functionalities like -Traffic -Terrain -Terrain Shadowing -additional Buttons -right hand data fields switch on/ofetc etchttp://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/1543-adjusted-carenado-gps/

look here for corrected GNS430.. Much improved clickspots.. alos you can resize by using left and top sections of the adjusted gauge.. and a lot more additional functionalities like -Traffic -Terrain -Terrain Shadowing -additional Buttons -right hand data fields switch on/ofetc etchttp://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/1543-adjusted-carenado-gps/
Very nice files, thanks a lot!From the beginning I have a problem with the GPS, it doesn't pop up.The gauge is called GCCB!Toggle_GPS, I see it in the CAB archive but it doesn't work.Ant help would be very much appreciated.Thanks!

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Very nice files, thanks a lot!From the beginning I have a problem with the GPS, it doesn't pop up.The gauge is called GCCB!Toggle_GPS, I see it in the CAB archive but it doesn't work.Ant help would be very much appreciated.Thanks!
lets first check the panel.cfg entries of the C2080) Does your window titles look like this with entry Window00=GPS[Window Titles]Window00=GPSWindow01=ManualWindow02=Control WindowsWindow03=Exit ManagerWindow04=Info1) Does your window00 look like this.//--------------------------------------------------------[Window00]Background_color=0,0,0 size_mm=500,266window_size_ratio=1.000 position=0visible=0ident=794window_size= 0.350, 0.248window_pos= 0.010, 0.750zorder=0gauge00=CarenadoG430!GNS430_nc1, 0,0,500,266gauge01=GCCB!Toggle_GPS, 112,34,274,169Just first want to make sure you have "ident=794" in your window00.2) VCockpit03 entry look like this//--------------------------------------------------------[Vcockpit03]Background_color=0,0,0 size_mm=512,512visible=0pixel_size=1024,1024texture=$Panel_CARAV_3gauge00=GCCB!torque, 289,228,112,112gauge01=GCCB!prop_rpm, 289,116,108,108gauge02=GCCB!itt, 288,2,109,109gauge03=GCCB!ng, 401,116,106,106gauge04=GCCB!psi_oil, 399,2,110,110gauge05=CarenadoG430!GNS430_nc1, 2,161,282,150gauge06=GCCB!Radios2, 2,64,284,95gauge07=GCCB1!RadioAdf, 2,382,270,67gauge08=GCCB1!RadioTrans, 2,313,276,67gauge09=GCCB!Autopilot, 2,2,280,60gauge10=GCCB!AOM, 1,450,272,59gauge11=GCCB!AOM_Lights, 274,466,207,42gauge12=GCCB!anti_ice_amps, 289,342,69,68gauge13=GCCB!Fuel_Quantity_Right, 404,229,104,104gauge14=GCCB!ng, 406, 344 ,100,100gauge15=GCCB!Hours, 288,413,82,50gauge16=GCCB!Toggle_GPS, 63,181,157,933) You need to click inside the window of GPS to activate the popup: see red square.c208.jpg4) if 0, 1, 2 and 3 = true, and popup still not working, send me PM with your email and and I will send you file to test.regardsJB

Thanks a lot JB :( PM sent.I tried to duplicate the Toggle gauge with FS Panel Studio, I reinstalled the C208 from scratch, I tried everything and this %§µ$!# GPS doesn't pop up!

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Well, thanks to bliksimpie, problem solved.After hours of hassle tweaking files, reinstalling, trying all kind of trick we have fount that Acceleration is mandatory for the GPS to pop up.So FSX standalone SP2 is definitly different from Acceleration SP2, that's a fact.Now, an advise guys...If you have a problem with any software, READ the technical requirements before anything else!After spending hours getting mad with that gauge I've just seen this small line on Carenado's C208 requirements:"Microsoft Flight Simulator FSX with Acceleration Pack installed". :( :--)))

Best regards,
David Roch

After installation, I couldn't get the nav pages to switch. Specifically, could not get map display.-Jim

After installation, I couldn't get the nav pages to switch. Specifically, could not get map display.-Jim
Here is more userfriendly updated versionhttp://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/1794-adjusted-carenado-gps-version3-2/

Here is more userfriendly updated versionhttp://aussiex.org/f...gps-version3-2/
Thanks so much. This now works perfectly.........................except the map will not "de-clutter." The switch indicates it has depressed, but no action. A minor thing, I admit.Best regards,-Jim

Thanks so much. This now works perfectly.........................except the map will not "de-clutter." The switch indicates it has depressed, but no action. A minor thing, I admit.Best regards,-Jim
there has never ever been any "de-clutter" added to the carenado 430 gauges ,like you find in the GPS_500. The CLR is only for using popups/messages/flightplan/menu selection etc to clear the screen.Something I can always add to my list of "to do" for the next version if you guys think it will make life a bit better.

I am also having a problem with the Caranado Caravan, from the intitial installation the GPS does not pop up by clicking on the GPS screen, when I use the menu bar and sel GPS it pops up but the lower two thirds of the monitor is blacked out. I have uninstalled,it did a defrag, malware and virus chk. After reinstall it is the same. It also seems very slow to load when I change from another airplane to the Caravan it takes a long time load. My Caranado Bonanza GPS works OK. The default Caravan GPS also works OK. Any help appreciatedFSX sys 7 64 Bit 8 GIg RAMress

Well, thanks to bliksimpie, problem solved.After hours of hassle tweaking files, reinstalling, trying all kind of trick we have fount that Acceleration is mandatory for the GPS to pop up.So FSX standalone SP2 is definitly different from Acceleration SP2, that's a fact.Now, an advise guys...If you have a problem with any software, READ the technical requirements before anything else!After spending hours getting mad with that gauge I've just seen this small line on Carenado's C208 requirements:"Microsoft Flight Simulator FSX with Acceleration Pack installed". :( :--)))