Sign in to follow this  
vscimone

Customize your PMDG 737NGX

Also keep in mind that they might not announce that wide beta has it the moment that they get it. They may wait several weeks like they did with the original beta announcement.
Keep in mind that once it's in wide beta the NDA would most likely be lifted. So we'd see material from the wide beta team. So that would be enough of a hint without an official announcement. As you probably figured out, there has been none of this. That's enough evidence to show that we aren't in wide beta.

I dislike multiplayer, because there are always people flying "free" without real air routes and sids/stars. Beside that, some people have their input sound very loud, some very quite so I'm always turning the volume switch to quite/loud. Also, some peple have a very very weird voice, unnatuarally. It's like they edited their voice for privacy reasons.
Check out BVATC. We keep a very professional server. While we do stay in the northeast US most of the time, we do regular events all over the country, and in fact next month we will be having our first overseas event in Europe.

Eric Vander

Pilot and Controller Boston Virtual ATC

KATL - The plural form of cow.

KORD - Something you put in a power socket.

UNIT - Something of measure

My 747 Fuel Calculator

I dislike multiplayer, because there are always people flying "free" without real air routes and sids/stars. Beside that, some people have their input sound very loud, some very quite so I'm always turning the volume switch to quite/loud. Also, some peple have a very very weird voice, unnatuarally. It's like they edited their voice for privacy reasons.
I don't have problems controlling online. I work inside Brazil, which is the division I belong to, and 95% of the pilots and other controllers are very professional and speak normally, just like in the real world. There are only small variations in the sound volume of each pilot. No problems with 'realism', also. In the airport I'm working, the pilots always send routes that can be reached by a SID, requesting airways in the flightplan instead of a fix or navaid, which I didn't even knew that could be requested. For example, instead of filling AMANT in the FP as initial waypoint, they request the airway UW10, which is covered by the AMANT Departure. Some times a newbie shows up at the airport and I have to explain somethings about the system, rules and stuff, but they are the only hard times I have. Delivery flight plan clearances to newbies is tough at times.

Matheus Mafra

Keep in mind that once it's in wide beta the NDA would most likely be lifted. So we'd see material from the wide beta team. So that would be enough of a hint without an official announcement. As you probably figured out, there has been none of this. That's enough evidence to show that we aren't in wide beta.
I believe Robert (or someone from PMDG) said that they may wait a little bit until they lifted the NDA from the testers. I mean it's likely that they aren't in wide beta but who knows. I just try to be optimistic...

Best regards, happy flying,

Wallace

I believe Robert (or someone from PMDG) said that they may wait a little bit until they lifted the NDA from the testers. I mean it's likely that they aren't in wide beta but who knows. I just try to be optimistic...
And i'm just being realistic.

right just thought of a question, will evacuation slides be animated? And stupid but can you make water landings in fsx?

an optimist will say the beer glass is half full. the pessimists will say its half empty. I know that life is too short and I just drink the Beer!! :(

right just thought of a question, will evacuation slides be animated? And stupid but can you make water landings in fsx?
Water landing are only possible if you have FSPassengers. Default FSX's animations don't allow you to do that, and there's nothing PMDG can do about it. Regarding EVAC slides, they are very unlikely because PMDG have reached or are very close to reaching FSX's animation limits.

Matheus Mafra

Aside from the notion that Boeing would not be exactly thrilled if there were product shots of the PMDG B737 having been forced to make a belly landing on the ocean, particularly when that has never happened in real life, and the main claim of PMDG's product is that it portrays realism, what PMDG would need to do is define their 737 as an amphibious flying boat type in FSX in order to make it possible to alight on the water, and I doubt they are going to do that.As others have noted, there is a practical a limit on how many animations you can have on an FSX aeroplane, and there are probably better things to use that limit on than something which has never really been done for real. In fact, there are only two instances of a 737 ever landing on any kind of water wheels-up at all, in neither case was the water very deep, and neither was an NG. They were:In 2002, a 737-300 of Garuda Indonesia lost power to both engines after they were swamped by water when it flew through a rain storm. The engines could not be restarted, so the crew made a flapless wheels-up landing in the Benjawang Solo River (Java). The river water was only 3-4 feet deep. All but one of the people on board survived, the fatality being a stewardess who was in the rear of the aircraft, which broke off in the crash landing. CFM 56 engines have subsequently been modified and are now made with a coneliptical spinner which dissipates water more effectively to prevent an engine flame out from occurring owing to water ingestion.In 2004, a 737-200 ADV of Air Guinea Express crash-landed in a swamp in Sierra Leone three miles from the runway it had just taken off from when the wing caught fire, an engine exploded just before it actually touched down in the swamp, but all on board survived with only about half of them needing to be treated for shock and minor injuries.So you can see, there really isn't much point in making an NG capable of doing a water landing.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Yeah water landings are not successful are they, well in te future pilots should be better at it

Yeah water landings are not successful are they, well in te future pilots should be better at it
huh? what on earth are you talking about?

huh? what on earth are you talking about?
Most waterlandings arn't successful (well except for the one in the Hudson) but otherwise have you heard of most planes aptempting a waterlanding? They did not end well but hopefully in the future there will be better training and procedures for that

I would prefer the emphasis to be on preventing the need to ditch into the water rather than perfect the process of the ditch. Planes are meant to land on land, hence we call it landing. Splash downs are for space capsules.

Scott Kalin VATSIM #1125397 - KPSP Palm Springs International Airport
Space Shuttle (SSMS2007) http://www.space-shu....com/index.html
Orbiter 2010P1 http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/

Planes are meant to land on land
But have a look at what Howard Hughes at the controls of in your Avatar picture. :( Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here