Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ramrunner800

Most Frame Friendly Traffic

I love flying in crowded airspace, and taxiing around busy airports, but TrafficX is killing my frame rates. I know that traffic is a performance killer, but has anybody found a program or combination of settings that works particularly well?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I use MyTraffic 5.3http://secure.simmarket.com/b.-renk-mytraffic-x-pro.phtml

MyTrafficX (DX10 flight plans, even if you do NOT use DX10 preview) is good. And UT2 is good as well. Just don't go overboard - 40% with MyTrafficX and 75% with UT2 are more than sufficient.

Do either of these programs have difficulties with Addon airports? I'll admit that I've usually had traffic turned down because of the performance hit, so I also have stupid question: When you are using addon traffic programs, do you turn FSX traffic to 0% and control addon traffic with the external program, or do FSX's traffic options control the addon traffic?

Do either of these programs have difficulties with Addon airports? I'll admit that I've usually had traffic turned down because of the performance hit, so I also have stupid question: When you are using addon traffic programs, do you turn FSX traffic to 0% and control addon traffic with the external program, or do FSX's traffic options control the addon traffic?
I'll speak for worlds of ai: It does work with addon scenery. However I've seen AC use the same taxi way for departing and arrival. It uses the FSX traffic options. No external options

I tried all of them, and keep returning to the first one:Just Flight´s Traffic X!The best looking models, it´s simple, it´s FPS friendly...

MTX Lite, which is a stripped down version of My Traffix X 5.3 Pro, does what it claims to do quite well though it reduces my overall FPS by about 20% (36 to 28) flying over urban areas. Around major airports the FPS hit is even worse. I'm currently not at the point with FSX where the enhanced traffic is that meaningful to me, so I uninstalled it.

I can't speak for all the AI packages, but as far as two of the big commercial ones are concerned - MyTraffic runs through the FSX traffic settings. Ultimate Traffic has its own separate controls - you set traffic levels in UT and turn FSX traffic sliders to zero. This is because UT doesn't generate traffic through a .bgl file - it uses its own separate system.Hope this helps.