Sign in to follow this  
HughesMDflyer4

MS Flight Webisode 4: Explore

I think the right phrase for that is...HOLY... POTATO'S!!!! or along those lines Just%20Kidding.gif
Did you have another orgasm?By the way, you can buy several brand new cesna for the price of this CPU.....

At around .45 into the video, the grounds looks really dark under the clouds. (As oppose to FSX that ground textures are always sunny). Off coarse it could be my lousy monitor at work. Does anyone think those are cloud shadows?

By the way, you can buy several brand new cesna for the price of this CPU.....
Yeah that's totally true, but still... :(
At around .45 into the video, the grounds looks really dark under the clouds. (As oppose to FSX that ground textures are always sunny). Off coarse it could be my lousy monitor at work. Does anyone think those are cloud shadows?
To be honest, its probably not shadows from the clouds, but I did notice (after the 40th time watching it) that at around...44 seconds in, that that the cockpit shadows seem to indicate the sun is around 50º above and behind the plane, parallel with the wings... that the cloud shadows (if their were) would be quite easy to see on that video, so if there's no shadow there, it wont be anywhere else on the ground. I imagine they will add that feature though, it seems very silly not to! :)Jamie ♥

Wonder if the USS Arizona is a model or just a texture? Lighting seems to have improved a lot from FSX.

Interesting that Microsoft either doesn't read any of the comments made on the various Flight Simming Sites; or they read them and totally ignore them. We ask to see more than just Hawaii and something other than a simple prop aircraft (helicopter, jet, glider ...) and they deliver yet more content indicating a Hawaii simulator with only simple prop aircraft. Maybe they really are in very early production with Flight.Regards, Mike Mann

Interesting that Microsoft either doesn't read any of the comments made on the various Flight Simming Sites; or they read them and totally ignore them. We ask to see more than just Hawaii and something other than a simple prop aircraft (helicopter, jet, glider ...) and they deliver yet more content indicating a Hawaii simulator with only simple prop aircraft. Maybe they really are in very early production with Flight.Regards, Mike Mann
Why post screenshots all over the world at this point? They show us everything now...then what's left to show? They are currently showing Hawaii only. Makes sense. Doesn't mean it's Hawaii only, and I wish people would stop spreading that rumor. Hawaii is a beautiful place, and I have no problem with them using it to showcase their new technological advancements.

Brandon Filer

The colors and lighting are much more noticeable in their official site version.

Why post screenshots all over the world at this point? They show us everything now...then what's left to show? They are currently showing Hawaii only. Makes sense. Doesn't mean it's Hawaii only, and I wish people would stop spreading that rumor. Hawaii is a beautiful place, and I have no problem with them using it to showcase their new technological advancements.
Then why not include a little comment in their FAQ section of Flight to clear this up and end the rumour once and for all. Of course they might just answer the question in such an ambiguous way that the reader would not be able to draw any meaningful conclusions.Regards, Mike Mann

I think he may be referring to the 'end of the world' on December 21st 2012... as if to imply we will never play it? Hehe.... or not. I'm really loving this new video though, I've played it about 30 times now repetitively. :( I believe its really changed some peoples opinions on how good Flight will be, seemingly more towards the good side. It also seems to have silenced some rumours and started some new ones. Since this is the first video we have seen quite a lot of different aspects of how Flight has improved... But can anyone imagine, anyone? Without wild speculation? Probably not, but we can always dream. rolleyes.gifJamie ♥
Jamie, with all due respect I don't think anyone here said that Flight will be a flop or a bad sim., not at all, I am the first one to say that Flight look good, I mean seriously how hard can it be to make Flight better than FSX with DX10 or DX11 to start with?? Not hard at all...The big debate started after we saw the first pics. and first vid. between peoples who beleived that Flight was built from scratch and by that I mean a brand new engine and others (like me) who saw that Flight was based on the FSX engine and this is no rumours or speculations, let me give you just 3 small examples, oversized houses, oversized trees and if you look at the webisode 2 LIFT you can see the back whell of the plane sinking into the runways so do you think that if Flight was based on a brand new engine we would see the same (bugs, bad coding, problems or what ever you want to call it) exact problems (just to take these three) we saw in FSX repeated in Flight and be just a coincidence....?....naaaaa.I, at first, did not think MS would build Flight starting with the same engine for some of the reason explained above + the performance issue FSX is having and other problems like popping autogen so you can understand my surprise when I saw the same based engine used for Flight, does that mean MS can't fix it...not at all but they did not finished FSX DX10 and they showed us a DX10 picture that was misleading so from there you can understand peoples skepticism and questioning. Here is something I am questioning, this is from MS in one of their press released...Quote: One topic that has been voiced is the concern over online game play. We understand some people are worried that featuring Microsoft Flight on Games for Windows – LIVE will require you to always be connected online to play. Not true. Rest assured that you can play offline if you choose. We hope that you will find the connected experience to be more enjoyable and immersive. But to be clear, the choice will be all yours. end of quote.Here is the part everybody need to pay attention to and I'll explain why...." Rest assured that you can play offline if you choose. We hope that you will find the connected experience to be more enjoyable and immersive" ....why??? Why will the conected experience be more enjoyable and immersive?....here is my explaination, get online, shop in the store, add scenery like Florida, California or Fuji island + the airport of your choice if you want to after paying for it and that's the purpose of the online store something you will not be able to have offline cause if you can the experience offline will be as enjoyable and immersive as the experience online.So if Hawaii is Flight default what will it look like with add-ons? and if Hawaii is the Flight online experience what will it look like offline (default)?

I am the first one to say that Flight look good, I mean seriously how hard can it be to make Flight better than FSX with DX10 or DX11 to start with?? Not hard at all...
You are not the first to say that Flight looks good. Thousands of people already said it. :LMAO:Learn how to make a 3d engine, then say it's not hard at all to make the FSX engine look better with DX10 or 11.
let me give you just 3 small examples, oversized houses, oversized trees and if you look at the webisode 2 LIFT you can see the back whell of the plane sinking into the runways
Please learn add-on development. These three things ARE NOT engine bugs!!!!!!!! I repeat, they ARE NOT! You can make a house or tree any size you want and put it in any engine, and it will be the same size as it is in FSX. It is up to the developer of the scenery to make the autogen size accurate. You can easily see that the tree size is much better in Flight, especially in the latest video. (the trees are not skyscrapers anymore) Webisode 2 did have bigger trees. Seems like they changed the tree textures and models since then.The wheel sinking in is a contact points issue. This can easily be fixed, and it probably has been/will be by Microsoft since that VERY EARLY webisode.
So if Hawaii is Flight default what will it look like with add-ons? and if Hawaii is the Flight online experience what will it look like offline (default)?
I can safely say that Hawaii will not look any different online or offline. We have talked about this issue before and why it would not be possible, or doesn't make any sense.

Brandon Filer

To me this was a "sight for sore eyes", it made me belive that MS Flight is going in the right direction visualy :( I'm not too informed about the newest cpu's and display adapters though... what would be a likely price / spec for a PC running those visuals? (I guess my 2007 is out of the window :( )-Andrew

Only Microsoft will be able to provide the minimum system requirements for Flight; then you will have to wait until it is released and tested in the real world to get an idea of the actual amount of computing power that will be required to run Flight in a usable fashion.Regards, Mike Mann

People in these forums are asking lots of questions. Microsoft seems to have adopted an eminently sensible policy of not answering any of them.

People in these forums are asking lots of questions. Microsoft seems to have adopted an eminently sensible policy of not answering any of them.
We think we know what we want but Microsoft will give us what they think we want, got it!Regards, Mike Mann

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.