Sign in to follow this  
HughesMDflyer4

MS Flight Webisode 4: Explore

When we see what a flight over the default Cardiff, or Prague, or Ulan Bator looks like, then we'll be able to decide whether it is awesome or not. It's comparatively easy to knock up one good looking region as we know, since many payware companies have done so for FSX, and let's not forget that even FSX has some nice locales straight out of the box, but then we installed FSX and flew over the infamous Deserts of Europe with trees indigenous to North America and it confirmed that the video previews were not indicative of what we suspected - that the rest of the world would be rendered as an afterthought. If they're going to entitle a video 'Explore', why not actually do that instead of showing us the same region?Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Webisode 4 is now on the Flight website as well as another "News from the Development Team" entry: June 21, 2011 - Webisode 4 Released Welcome to our fourth webisode update! While our developers remain busy preparing for the next schedule milestone, webisode#4 should provide another view of our progress. We hope you are as excited as we are about the improvements we continue to make! Explore, enjoy, repeat... The Microsoft Flight Development Team

Brandon Filer

Hmmm.....I hope the folks over at X-Plane are looking at this with their version 10 due for release this summer (apparently)

Wake me up after we depart Hawaii.
Hmmm.....I hope the folks over at X-Plane are looking at this with their version 10 due for release this summer (apparently)
If X-Plane shows a screenshot of anywhere BESIDES Hawaii, I'll probably buy it.

When we see what a flight over the default Cardiff, or Prague, or Ulan Bator looks like, then we'll be able to decide whether it is awesome or not. It's comparatively easy to knock up one good looking region as we know, since many payware companies have done so for FSX, and let's not forget that even FSX has some nice locales straight out of the box, but then we installed FSX and flew over the infamous Deserts of Europe with trees indigenous to North America and it confirmed that the video previews were not indicative of what we suspected - that the rest of the world would be rendered as an afterthought. If they're going to entitle a video 'Explore', why not actually do that instead of showing us the same region?Al
Yeah,a bit frustrating seeing the same area over and over.They seem to be playing their cards close to their chest,maybe because their still in pre alpha stage.Hopefully we will see somewhere apart from Hawaii before the end of the year.

I compared that to watching the FSX trailer from my hard drive, and Flight was a little smoother.
Maybe the Flight trailer was done on a more powerful computer than the FSX trailer?Regards, Mike Mann

Maybe the Flight trailer was done on a more powerful computer than the FSX trailer?Regards, Mike Mann
Makes sense....the computers of today are more powerful than the ones from back in 2006/2007.

Brandon Filer

Watched this several times now, looks pretty awesome to be honest, i will be buying and enjoying it on release date,....... Now wheres my 24 processor pc???

Watched this several times now, looks pretty awesome to be honest, i will be buying and enjoying it on release date,....... Now wheres my 24 processor pc???
How about 50 cores instead? http://gizmodo.com/5...ssor-on-the-wayI think the right phrase for that is...HOLY... POTATO'S!!!! or along those lines Just%20Kidding.gifJamie ♥

Release is potentially December apparently maybe
Source please or it doesnt exist....

Source please or it doesnt exist....
I think he means December 2012.

Again, do you have a source?
I think he may be referring to the 'end of the world' on December 21st 2012... as if to imply we will never play it? Hehe.... or not. I'm really loving this new video though, I've played it about 30 times now repetitively. :( I believe its really changed some peoples opinions on how good Flight will be, seemingly more towards the good side. It also seems to have silenced some rumours and started some new ones. Since this is the first video we have seen quite a lot of different aspects of how Flight has improved... Its been a lovely eye opener! Even though I pretty much 'knew' it would be great, its actually exceeded my expectations already... well in some ways at least. I'm really looking forward to when we get further details (and maayyybeee a demo!). I just cant contemplate what its going to be like when its released!biggrin.gif But can anyone imagine, anyone? Without wild speculation? Probably not, but we can always dream. rolleyes.gifJamie ♥

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.