Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bussgarfield

PMDG Facebook Page

Hi to all.Robert, I have seached this forum but have not found any suggestion here about your comments on your Facebook page.Is this trueDear Customers!We are very happy, beacuse now we can announce a release date of 737NGX.The PMDG 737NGX is going to be released between 1st of July and 3rd of July.We think that it's not so far!:) Be patient! Cpt. S. Randazzo, PMDG team!Gary

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Where is it on their FB page?EDIT: They don't release dates, so I don't think that is true or not PMDG.

Where did you found that piece of information? A link to the Facebook post please...

I have copied this URL for you.http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pmdgsimulations?sk=wall&filter=1Thats why I asked if it was true. As you will see, it has their emblem.Gary

HOAXOr maybe I am just a cynic but that does not sound like Mr Randazzo talking!Oh and it is R Randazzo... not SNice try!

On third thought, after closer examination, I haven't seen Robert sign anything on the forum or Facebook, for that matter, like that. Seems to be a fake

If it's true, this is the real news,,,,,if it's fake it would be a shame

It's fake. Hover over the little thumbnail and you'll see it comes up with something different to all the others. The images are also slightly different, and clicking on the name of the poster will take you to an error page, not the PMDG facebook page.Don't fall for it guys...

However, I liked to be addressed like a Dear Customer :) Robert calls us Captains ..... lol and his full signature is more formal than usual.

However, I liked to be dressed like a Dear Customer :) Robert calls us Captains ..... lol and his full signature is more formal than usual.
I don't think "Cpt. S. Randazzo" is similar to "Captain Robert. S. Randazzo". The annoucement is a fake. Though with the money I've given them, I like the sound of "Dear Customer".

if its fake do you think someone possibly hacked their FB? Why would PMDG pull such hoax?

if its fake do you think someone possibly hacked their FB? Why would PMDG pull such hoax?
I believe someone hacked their FB. I don't think this is PMDG's doing.

No one hacked their account just a little stupid guy that use the very basic of Facebook that you can create any page with anyname and take back the logo from PMDG for his own page. There is not any truth in it being from the team or from a hack.

No one hacked their account just a little stupid guy that use the very basic of Facebook that you can create any page with anyname and take back the logo from PMDG for his own page. There is not any truth in it being from the team or from a hack.
but how, iv just compared the two pages and the only difference was the release date announcement. The exact same people liked the page

but how, iv just compared the two pages and the only difference was the release date announcement. The exact same people liked the page
The pages are the same, that's why. Someone has posted on the wall pretending to be PMDG. If you click on their name it goes to this page http://www.facebook.com/pages/PMDG/221083991247142, whereas clicking on any of the other posts made my PMDG themselves will take you straight back to the pmdg profile page. The little thumbnail beside the post is also different to all the other thumbnails.No one has hacked into the PMDG account or anything like that, they've just created an account with the same name and posted on their wall in an attempt to fool people, and it looks like its working!

HOAXOr maybe I am just a cynic but that does not sound like Mr Randazzo talking!Oh and it is R Randazzo... not SNice try! Well spotted Ben.I wasn't trying to create rumours or speculation, it was just that it appeared on their page and seemed to good to be true (for a while).Gary

Completely fake - I deleted the post and the offending page has been banned and reported to Facebook's admins as a forgery.www.facebook.com/pmdgsimulations is our real page - anything that gets posted from any other page that does not have that URL when you click on it is a fake.Also, you can set our Facebook wall to only show posts that actually came from our page/account too - that's one for sure way to check. The fake post did not show up when you filter the page to only PMDG posts.

Thanks for clearing that up Ryan.Apologies for any anxiety or grief I caused by this post.Gary

No worries Gary.I'm just a cynical old copper who doesn't believe 80% of what I hear or 95% of what I see. :(

I will beleve it when I visit the offocial PMDG web site and it says click to buy, then I will believe it.Michael Pare