Sign in to follow this  
mdexter

Best 727 for FSX WIN7 x64 ?

Hi all,I am lloking at getting some payware for the Best 727 for FSX Win7 x64. I am wanting something with VC and 2D as well.I have been doing some reading and the Dreamfleet 727's seem to have a lot of issues working with Win7 x64 so I dont want to buy and find out it doesnt work.Could someone advise me what is considered a good 727 - 100 & 200 Package for FSX that has 2D + VC and a good repaints etc that should work with Win7 x64.Many thanks in advance....

The only choice for FSX would be the Captainsim version... the old dreamfleet one was for FS9. Ahhh the glory days of DF...http://www.captainsim.com/products/x727/

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

The only choice for FSX would be the Captainsim version... the old dreamfleet one was for FS9. Ahhh the glory days of DF...http://www.captainsi.../products/x727/
Ryan Many thanks, I checked it out it only says it has guages etc, does it actually have a 2D Panel at all, anyone use this package?Many thanks in advance......

Ugh, it's late and I didn't read your post completely - I think that CS version is VC only... I don't own it myself though.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Ugh, it's late and I didn't read your post completely - I think that CS version is VC only... I don't own it myself though.
hi Ryan, NP at all, maybe you can add a 2D Panel Merge maybe....anyone use this addon at all??

Cs 727 is VC only, but it is a winner! And I am a 2D person :-)

Jay

CS 727 is a very nice add-on, it's not perfect, but it is well worth having and certainly the best choice for FSX. There is a comprehensive review of it on Avsim by that guy, what's his name? erm... Chock, that's it.Note that a few tweaks to the CS 727 make it more fun and realistic (such as calming down the trim a bit and downloading some decent EPR documentation).Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

CS 727 is a very nice add-on, it's not perfect, but it is well worth having and certainly the best choice for FSX. There is a comprehensive review of it on Avsim by that guy, what's his name? erm... Chock, that's it.Note that a few tweaks to the CS 727 make it more fun and realistic (such as calming down the trim a bit and downloading some decent EPR documentation).Al
Er, umm ok.....:):).Alan, can a 2D Panel be merged at all? its does look great though Alan, will have to check out the reviewMany thanks Alan

... and, just to confirm - the FS9 Dreamfleet 727 was the best 727 out there - but there are far too many components of the aircraft that do not work at all in FSX. There must be a thousand simmers waiting for the FSX version to come out - but the promise is now six years old. Like many other "good ideas" this one has fallen by the wayside.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Its fun flying in 3d cockpits,I had a hard time doing that initially because my PC was low end;however my newest PC is good to go,it makes 3d cockpits so real.

There's a 2D panel for the CS 727 in the library (2dpanelcs721.zip).

Tom Ruth's 727 has been a long standing favourite of mine. It comes with a 2D panel and VC, there a quite a lot of repaints for it (some made by yours truly). Might not look like much to the spoilt eye, but everything's there, fits together and doesn't come with a pricetag.

If a VC really is optional, the HJG models will also do the trick. Lots of repaints for it. http://simviation.com/hjg/downloads.htm

• Upvote 1

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days