Sign in to follow this  

Why the 777 as next and not the 787 ?

I have read that, after 737 NGX, the next on the list to be produced by PMDG will be Boeing 777. I just wonder why not focusing straight on the Dreamliner 787 ?Boeing 777 started its career around 16 years ago and despiting it is a good plane I would believe that the brand new 787 Dreamliner will be more appropriate to produce, above all considering that seeing 737 NGX development time I am pretty sure the next one will be released not before 2015 when 787 will be more sexy than a 20 years old 777. IMO.Do you share the thought or do you agree with PMDG ?

I have read that, after 737 NGX, the next on the list to be produced by PMDG will be Boeing 777. I just wonder why not focusing straight on the Dreamliner 787 ?Boeing 777 started its career around 16 years ago and despiting it is a good plane I would believe that the brand new 787 Dreamliner will be more appropriate to produce, above all considering that seeing 737 NGX development time I am pretty sure the next one will be released not before 2015 when 787 will be more sexy than a 20 years old 777. IMO.Do you share the thought or do you agree with PMDG ?
You answered the question yourself. The 777 has been around for ages and its performance and in-flight characteristics are well known. The 787 is not even in commercial service yet - it is still undergoing testing and has not yet been certified by any regulatory bodies in the US or Europe. Its in-flight characteristics are not completely known even to the Boeing engineers. Given this, it would not be possible for PMDG to produce a realistic simulation of the 787 to the same standard as the PMDG 737NGX or even the PMDG 747-400.

I think the 747 remodel is appropriate after the 777. And besides the 777 should`t take that long, it took the NGX long cause they have alot of new features. PMDG can implant those features onto the 777 so there really is nothing to worry about

The Dreamliner will commence her regular duty on September 2011, Nippon airlines. Once her career will start its tech will be of public domain as well as many videos , pictures and pilot feedbacks on forums where pilots write, like this one of PMDG or Airliners just to say a few.I can understand someone may prefer the 777 over the 787 but I disagree about the possibility to release an hi-fi simulation within 4 years from now when 787s will be like nowdays city buses.-

I think the 747 remodel is appropriate after the 777. And besides the 777 should`t take that long, it took the NGX long cause they have alot of new features. PMDG can implant those features onto the 777 so there really is nothing to worry about
PMDG and shouldt take long just dont fit together :(

While an aircraft is new and has not been in service long, improvements will be made and flaws rectified in order to ensure that the manufacturer not only earns back the money spent on developing the aircraft, but also of course to make a profit. To that end, very little will be given away so as to avoid giving competitors an edge. That is why I doubt we will see much in the way of detailed performance info hitting the net. This may not be the best example, but look at the F-117 stealth fighter. It's been retired from service, yet much of the technology and the capabilities of the aircraft are still secret due to some of it being used in aircraft currently in service.

The Dreamliner will commence her regular duty on September 2011, Nippon airlines. Once her career will start its tech will be of public domain as well as many videos , pictures and pilot feedbacks on forums where pilots write, like this one of PMDG or Airliners just to say a few.I can understand someone may prefer the 777 over the 787 but I disagree about the possibility to release an hi-fi simulation within 4 years from now when 787s will be like nowdays city buses.-
I for one would prefer the 787 over the T7 because that bird, to me is the most beautiful airliner ever built. I love the cockpit windows and the nose. But I've come to terms with the fact that If PMDG decided to start the 777 today (that's if they haven't started the preliminaries already), almost every information they need would be accessible to them (blueprints and such), they'd have access to a real cockpit to take pictures of, just like they did the 737NG (as opposed to looking for pics on the web. I think it's reasonable to start with the T7 than wait for 4 years or thereabouts, when info on the 787 becomes available (if it actually does). I used to wonder to myself why people always liked to produce old planes instead of the brand new modern ones. Then I played FALCON 4.0 and F22 Raptor, and saw the wealth of info on the FALCON vs the Raptor, and also I saw what mess ABACUS made of my beloved 787. I was almost going to buy the wilco A380, until I saw that their cockpit didn't even look like the real one. That was a big turn-off. Even after their V2, they've not even bothered to remodel the cockpit now that for more than 3+ years there are pics of the cockpit all over the web. Same goes for ABACUS. Till today, they haven't cared about at least doing a remodelling of the nose and windows of the 787 (these are unique features that are impossible to miss), not to mention the Cockpit. I don't care how beautiful an addon aircraft is on the outside,if you don't get the cockpit correct, that's a show stopper for me.

PMDG-777-EK-SIG-MAY1713-2_zps6f2ed2be.pn

Chidiebere Anyahara

Looking forward to 777 also, first NGX. :(

Looking forward to 777 also, first NGX. :(
me too, the last 777 I had for a flightsim was the PSS Simulations 777 =) Will be nice to have a 777 from PMDG and its a popular aircraft.

The 777 may be 16 years old but, but the 300ER 200LR and 200LRF are less than 7 years old.

The T7 has really proven itself in the last 5 years or so after the 300ER and 200LR as mentioned above came into service, kinda like when the 747-4 came into service, complete improvement and it has been sold largely around the world with alot of interest, especially after Boeings extreme testing performed on it prior to first hand over, was a real milestone for Boeing, it only seems right that PMDG models this after it's great service it has proven itself, with many more years to come :)Just my two cents

The T7 is a wonderful aircraft.I recently flew to NRT on one of BA's brand new 300 series.I was sitting just behind the right engine and when that thing started up it felt as if the aircraft would shake apart.But wow what a lot of power! One of the smoothest most pleasant flights ever!

Although seeing a 787 would be nice, I really am looking forward to the 777. It is a plane that I have long awaited a really good sim of and before I heard about the NGX, it was my favorite aircraft in general. I mean look at those engines! Regardless, it is gorgeous and can fly for 18 hours straight, it is something that I cannot wait to get my hands on.But first, the NGX! Big%20Grin.gif

Best regards, happy flying,

Wallace

Both would be nice but there is no good 777 for FSX so far. So i would prefer the 777 and afterwards they maybe can do a 787

regards,

Alexander Marx

Although seeing a 787 would be nice, I really am looking forward to the 777. It is a plane that I have long awaited a really good sim of and before I heard about the NGX, it was my favorite aircraft in general. I mean look at those engines! Regardless, it is gorgeous and can fly for 18 hours straight, it is something that I cannot wait to get my hands on.But first, the NGX! Big%20Grin.gif
That, IMHO, is the paradox of intercontinental planes within FSX. You can virtually fly for a dozen of hours or more but the simulation rate can't overtake 8X or Otto will be blown in the wind.I would like to perform 12 real hours trips but even at 8X that's a too long haul to carry on and I get bored in between T/C and T/D.A 787 is the same but at least there are lot of screens and unknown knobs to play with to fill the time in between T/C and T/D dry.gif