Sign in to follow this  
Carenado

C337 Skymaster FSX making its first flight

A new set of pictures of the C337 Skymaster for FSX making its first flight was added.C337 Skymaster FSX status:The external model was almost done in terms of 3D and textures.Internal model and VC textures are on their way.Instruments and systems are under development.Check the complete set of pictures in our "Incoming Projects" section.5.jpgCarenado

Excellent! After passing on the last few offerings chalk me down as a customer for this one!

Hello All -- well, I have been one of the cheerleaders on this one, sending encouragements to Carenado on a periodic basis, to turn this one into a real beauty.Looks like it will be "HD quality"..... yes!!! It deserves it.And they can do much with the panel in this one, given it ranged from fairly basic (as basic as a twin can be) to complex including weather radar.After getting my flying ticket, I logged many hours in a 337 (long time ago) --- it was such a great cross country plane with speed. Which brings to mind, the turbo-pressurized cabin version!!! Oh, so many nifty variations they can do with this one.Anyway, hope many others are encouraging Carenado to give us a real winner here. For those that are enthusiasts about this plane as I am, surf around the web a bit and see some of the new variations on this bird that are beautiful --- pressurized, turbo, 3-blade props....ah, now all I need to do is win the lottery and I will own one!!!Having fun --- Thanks to the guys at Carenado for this one. Bob Big%20Grin.gif

Looking absolutely awesome Carenado. Please, please, please make this like the 210 and have the RXP integration as it's fantastic! Also you have got to have a USAF Gray or Camo version. I know they didn't have spinners but come on, who cares! It's still a 337!

If this is to have RXP integration, I hope Carenado will not do what they did on the c210. The default carendo 530 had a working toggle window allowing you to click the GPS screen to pop it into its own window. They did not allow for a toggle popup working on their default 430. The RXP GPS units would not allow you to have a working toggle popup either, so all you can do is pop it up with a shift key. They basically have killed a function built into the RXP GPS units that allow for a click spot to popup the GPS. As for a weather gauge I for one do not like to lose performance for some eye candy. Also please include a set of lower resolution textures for folks with mid to lower end systems. I hope you will keep this aircraft on the light side so that people with out rocket speed computers can enjoy this too.flya150

Scott

I hope for an authentic classic cockpit for this classic bird. No high tech glass cockpit mumbo jumbo please. A nice 1960s-70s cockpit would be perfect.

I hope for an authentic classic cockpit for this classic bird. No high tech glass cockpit mumbo jumbo please. A nice 1960s-70s cockpit would be perfect.
Hi Patrick -- wow, I am with you on this one, but I am at least hoping for a turbocharged variant. But being greedy, it would be nice to get several variants Big%20Grin.gif I logged a bunch of hours in the turbo (T337B) and what a dream machine for 1967. Of course we ended up carrying oxygen bottles then before the pressurized versions came along. My flight instructor owned one and used it for air-taxi service. He let me fly it at cost which was a super treat :( ... just loved that bird. Well , we wait anxiously to see the Carenado offering and maybe if they can sell enough of them, we can twist their arm into some "add on" variants.Cheers --- Bob Big%20Grin.gif

I hope they also do the pressurized version. Love that one!

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Really looking forward to this one and hoping to see a New Zealand paint scheme again like we got with the C185F. Gary

Can't wait for this beauty to come out; a very favorite of mine, and to make it even harder, on the waiting, an apparent Chartered 337 flew directly over our home to line up in final at KPEA every day last week. TimberEagle Valley Air