Sign in to follow this  
andysim

PFE or RC4?

Ray, I figured out what the problem was. It's the way I started FSX. I didn't begin with the opening screen that allows you to place your aircraft. I started with the trike over the island in the Pacific Northwest. I reset my preference and started FSX setting up my flight from the start screen. I set the flight up at Edinburgh at the gate. I loaded the flight plan and hit "Fly Now" then once in place I loaded the aircraft that I was going to use. Once I enabled VOX it took me right to the atis screen. It looks like I might be in business. I don't see why it would be a problem. Once they're at the gate, the cockpit door is usually open. Most of the crews are easy to get along with. You'll notice I said most!
Hi, Mike - hey, that's GREAT news (about VoxATC) for you!!!!! Enjoy! Now you just have to get some ATT Natural voices to REALLY enjoy VoxATC. I own about 8 of them - I use them as the Controller voices during my flights. In case you want to hear some of them - go here - www.nextup.comAs I wrote to another fellow (Mr Speaker) - Ivona voices are also quite good. www.Ivona.com(Please be aware - all these voices normally do NOT work with Windows 7 64 bit - but I can show you how to make them "behave" and work with this OS.)All best, Ray Landolt

Hey guys I tried demo version5 about a year ago, one thing that bothered me were the callsigns, for example my flight # would be UAL 465 and instead of saying United 465 I would have to say Uniform Alpha Lima 465, Im not really sure if I was doing something wrong or if this is just one of the things that you have to deal with. Is this the same in version 6? And I really wish some of you voxatc 6 experts with the voice packs would make a video and put it on the tube. All I see is version 5 videos? Looks interesting to say the least.
never tried v5 before, but in v6 it uses the word "United" or "Thai" even when I use "ELAL" it pronounces it rather then using phonetic

Joel Strikovsky
Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

Hi, Mike - hey, that's GREAT news (about VoxATC) for you!!!!! Enjoy! Now you just have to get some ATT Natural voices to REALLY enjoy VoxATC. I own about 8 of them - I use them as the Controller voices during my flights. In case you want to hear some of them - go here - www.nextup.comAs I wrote to another fellow (Mr Speaker) - Ivona voices are also quite good. www.Ivona.com(Please be aware - all these voices normally do NOT work with Windows 7 64 bit - but I can show you how to make them "behave" and work with this OS.)All best, Ray Landolt
I have them both AT&T and IVONA, I found IVONA voices are the most clear and quality out of those two, it sounds very natural without the pops/breaks, voice pitch change between wordsand IVONA pack that I run works perfectly well on my Win 7 w/SP1 x64 Enterprise Edition

Joel Strikovsky

I have them both AT&T and IVONA, I found IVONA voices are the most clear and quality out of those two, it sounds very natural without the pops/breaks, voice pitch change between wordsand IVONA pack that I run works perfectly well on my Win 7 w/SP1 x64 Enterprise Edition
Hi, Akila.....yes, you're right - sorry, I was referring to the ATT voices needing to be "massaged" to work in Win 7 64 bit. (Well, I had to make an adjustment, anyway..........:( .Best, Ray Landolt

Hi, Akila.....yes, you're right - sorry, I was referring to the ATT voices needing to be "massaged" to work in Win 7 64 bit. (Well, I had to make an adjustment, anyway..........biggrin.gif . Best, Ray Landolt
had you tried the IVONA packs yet?BTW VoxATC works perfectly with the NGX

Joel Strikovsky

I have just finished my first flight with VoxATC, with two test voices from Ivona as controllers, plus the Voxpop free voices for other pilots.Wow... Now that's more like it...This kind of quality is what I've been looking for. I was scared of talking to ATC and making mistakes but it's easy and you're shown the text you need to say.I've used Radar Contact for the last few years but this is another level, much more realistic.The Ivona voices aren't cheap but I've never heard such realistic digital voices. Thanks for the information people,Toby

Ryzen 5800X3D, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, Windows 10

I have just finished my first flight with VoxATC, with two test voices from Ivona as controllers, plus the Voxpop free voices for other pilots.Wow... Now that's more like it...This kind of quality is what I've been looking for. I was scared of talking to ATC and making mistakes but it's easy and you're shown the text you need to say.I've used Radar Contact for the last few years but this is another level, much more realistic.The Ivona voices aren't cheap but I've never heard such realistic digital voices. Thanks for the information people,Toby
that is the winning combination, IVOA packs for controllers and the voxpop for pilots.I agree with you, I never ever heard such clear sound as IVONA packs.BTW - I also use the green text talking to controllers :)

Joel Strikovsky

hi does voxatc work with fs2crew voice maybe you have to assign a ptt button on yoke that stops fs2crew picking up you talking to vox is this correct, going to try the demo of voxatc.

thank you,Jim

Asus Prime Z270-P| I7700k@4.6| 16gDDR4 3000 VengLpx|

Corsair H115aio Cooler| Evga GeForce 1080gpu|Corsair Rm750

hi does voxatc work with fs2crew voice maybe you have to assign a ptt button on yoke that stops fs2crew picking up you talking to vox is this correct, going to try the demo of voxatc.
I think I read something about it, but I am not sure as I don't own the FS2CREW product.you could file this question here on Avsim- VoxATC forum, maybe there you would find some one that had an expireancewith FS2CREW & VoxATC.Good Luck.

Joel Strikovsky