Sign in to follow this  
andysim

PFE or RC4?

Ray, I won't get a chance to try it tonight.3:30 am comes early. I'll give it a try when I get home from work tomorrow. Thanks again for your help.
Hi, Mike - no problem! I understand.........If you re-read my last post to you - I'd like for you (tomorrow) to create a flight plan in the US, please. My wheels are turning....thinking......LOL.gif Best, Ray Landolt

I just upgraded to the new VoxATC, I saw something like Mike is talking about also,in my case I think it was just my impatience, I forgot to reboot after the install,once I did that everything seems to be working as advertised.Am in the middle of the first flight with the new version, everything up to cruisehas worked great, but its been the approach that caused me some problems in the oldversion (and led to me stop using it), so we'll see how it goes this time.

Jack F. Vogel, Delta Virtual Airlines

Installing the English Language Pack doesn't permanently change the language of your Windows install. You will be able to switch between languages fairly quick.The pack is available from Windows Update as an optional download.
Hi,It looks like if this is only possibly for Windows 7 Ultimate and not for Home Premium :( :mad:Does Radarcontact also need an english version of Windows?Best regardsJonathan

Hi,It looks like if this is only possibly for Windows 7 Ultimate and not for Home Premium :( :mad:Does Radarcontact also need an english version of Windows?Best regardsJonathan
Right. I forgot that.I found some instructions to install the English Language Pack on the Home version. It's in German unfortunately. Maybe you can use Google to translate it if necessary. You can also try this tool.

I ran into the same problem wanting to use FS2CREW voice commander with a German version of Win7 Pro. However, there seems to be another solution besides upgrading to Win 7 Premium, should be somewhere in the FS2CREW forums.Radarcontact does not use the windows speech engine (at least that is what it looks like) and should run fine on any version of Windows.

I found some instructions to install the English Language Pack on the Home version. It's in German unfortunately. Maybe you can use Google to translate it if necessary. You can also try this tool.
Hi,Thank you for that hint!I tried the tool, but I am not able to open it. The instructions look good but for fast changing from German to English and back again I think they are not made. I think waiting for RC 5 is the best opertunity. Best regards from Austria,Jonathan

Man even not one of those....Fly online! Vatsim or IVAO is much better !
there is one problem with that theory , with VATSIM / IVAO you don't always have ATC coverage.and rarely you have all 5 ATCs (Ground, Departure, Center, Approach, Tower) coverage for your entire route (end-to-end).with VoxATC and other like it , you are always covered. :)I stopped using VATSIM and/or IVAO as most of my flight(s) are in APAC (South-East Asia) , the online coverage in APAC virtuallydoes not exist.

Joel Strikovsky
Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

Hi, Mike - no problem! I understand.........If you re-read my last post to you - I'd like for you (tomorrow) to create a flight plan in the US, please. My wheels are turning....thinking......LOL.gif Best, Ray Landolt
Hi Ray, I'm home from playing with the real tubeliners, now back to the virtual ones. I tried your scenario and created a flight plan from DFW to LAX using the FSX flight planner. I loaded it and then started VOX ATC. Same result. The window says contact ground. When I set the frequency for DFW ground my options are: request local taxi, request local flight, radio check. I dunno,maybe I should do an uninstall/ reinstall. The only way I've been able to get it to work was to save the flight and reload it.

NAX669.png

Hi Ray, I'm home from playing with the real tubeliners, now back to the virtual ones. I tried your scenario and created a flight plan from DFW to LAX using the FSX flight planner. I loaded it and then started VOX ATC. Same result. The window says contact ground. When I set the frequency for DFW ground my options are: request local taxi, request local flight, radio check. I dunno,maybe I should do an uninstall/ reinstall. The only way I've been able to get it to work was to save the flight and reload it.
Hi Mike - sorry for the delay. I just spent 10 minutes typing this message, and all of a sudden it disappeared. :( So - let's try this again. Rather than typing, I will dictate this to my computer. Much faster!I tried the same thing I told you to do - I created a flightplan in FSX, saved it, started VoxATC, and it went right to ATIS, as it should.This confirms my suspicion that VoxATC reads the .pln file. However, on my computer I do not need to save the flight as an .FLT file. I don't know why this is not working for you.At least if you do save the flight (making an .FLT file), you can get VoxATC to work right.- yes? That's a good thing.Not satisfied, I tried an experiment - and created a flight outside the U.S.. I went from EDDF-EGLL. I made this flightplan in FSX, saved the flightplan, started VoxATC, andVoxATC started by telling me to tune APPROACH - Yikes! Wrong answer!! So I saved the flight (creating an .FLT file), restarted VoxATC, and guess what? VoxATC did what it was supposed to do - it told me to tune ATIS - excellent!So, what does all this mean? Apparently, you'll have to save and make an FLT file all the time. (Sorry, I wish I had a better answer for you.)I guess I have to do that same thing when I fly an international flight. Very strange - no logic to it.Please let me know if making an .FLT file continues to work for you. I'm curious.Maybe a trip over to the VoxATC forum might yield some answers.I hope this info helps...... Best of luck with it.All best, Ray LandoltP.S. - if I might impose on you, Sir - first of all - what "Tubeliner" do you fly - not company name - just aircraft type (if you can divulge that here).Also - if I am on an airliner - is it ok for me to ask the Flight Attendant (during a quiet moment during the flight) if I can speak with the Pilot (briefly) once we've landed?I don't know how strict airline operators are about this sort of thing nowadays. I'm about 60, and I remember the days when such a thing was possible. LOL.gif Thanks, Mike - we'll "talk" again.

Hi Ray, Thanks for looking into this for me. It's obviously something in my set up that's causing this. Computers are a funny thing. Great when they work...when they don't. Not so much. The extra step isn't a big deal. I did post a thread over in the Vox forum, so maybe someone over there might have an answer. As far as tubeliners go, I don't fly 'em, I load 'em. I'm a Fleet Service Agent for US Airways at DFW. I do get some cockpit time most days brakeriding airplanes from remote parking to the gate. Again, thanks for your help.

NAX669.png

Hi Ray, Thanks for looking into this for me. It's obviously something in my set up that's causing this. Computers are a funny thing. Great when they work...when they don't. Not so much. The extra step isn't a big deal. I did post a thread over in the Vox forum, so maybe someone over there might have an answer. As far as tubeliners go, I don't fly 'em, I load 'em. I'm a Fleet Service Agent for US Airways at DFW. I do get some cockpit time most days brakeriding airplanes from remote parking to the gate. Again, thanks for your help.
You are most welcome - wish I could've done more.Thanks for letting me know what you do with the big "Birds"!! Fascinating poeple I meet on these Forums!! Any idea about my last question to you - speaking with the Captain once I've landed?Thanks very much! Ray L."When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your eyes turned skyward - For there you have been, and there you will long to return....."

Hey guys I tried demo version5 about a year ago, one thing that bothered me were the callsigns, for example my flight # would be UAL 465 and instead of saying United 465 I would have to say Uniform Alpha Lima 465, Im not really sure if I was doing something wrong or if this is just one of the things that you have to deal with. Is this the same in version 6? And I really wish some of you voxatc 6 experts with the voice packs would make a video and put it on the tube. All I see is version 5 videos? Looks interesting to say the least.

You are most welcome - wish I could've done more.Thanks for letting me know what you do with the big "Birds"!! Fascinating poeple I meet on these Forums!! Any idea about my last question to you - speaking with the Captain once I've landed?Thanks very much! Ray L."When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your eyes turned skyward - For there you have been, and there you will long to return....."
Ray, I figured out what the problem was. It's the way I started FSX. I didn't begin with the opening screen that allows you to place your aircraft. I started with the trike over the island in the Pacific Northwest. I reset my preference and started FSX setting up my flight from the start screen. I set the flight up at Edinburgh at the gate. I loaded the flight plan and hit "Fly Now" then once in place I loaded the aircraft that I was going to use. Once I enabled VOX it took me right to the atis screen. It looks like I might be in business. I don't see why it would be a problem. Once they're at the gate, the cockpit door is usually open. Most of the crews are easy to get along with. You'll notice I said most!

NAX669.png

Hey guys I tried demo version5 about a year ago, one thing that bothered me were the callsigns, for example my flight # would be UAL 465 and instead of saying United 465 I would have to say Uniform Alpha Lima 465, Im not really sure if I was doing something wrong or if this is just one of the things that you have to deal with. Is this the same in version 6? And I really wish some of you voxatc 6 experts with the voice packs would make a video and put it on the tube. All I see is version 5 videos? Looks interesting to say the least.
Hello, Mr Speaker........In version 6.05, you no longer have to do what you indicated - you are now be able to say " United 4-6-5". (But not "United Four Sixty Five".)I do not have any way to make videos........ However, if you want to hear the voices - here is the link: www.nextup.comI have several voices (8 I think) for the different controllers that I encounter during a flight. I have bought them over a span of a couple of years. About $35 a piece - not cheap, but the voices I purchased sound quite real. You can listen to them at the website above. www.Ivona.com is another source of "Natural" speaking voices - also quite good. I also use the free VoxPOP voices that you can get from the VoxATC website.......they're fine to use as other pilots - especially the ones that are filtered and have a "static" sound added - quite real IMHO.Any suggestions how to make video? If it is not a monumental task, I might consider it.All best,Ray Landolt (Blackbird)