Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

PMDG 737NGX Livery Availability

A question to the painters out there: How do you normally work around the fonts used by the airlines? I'm now just giving a new paint a try, but I get stuck at the several fonts used on the aircraft (which are designed specifically for the Airline, Air Malta).

Hi

I use this link a lot to identify a font http://www.whatfontis.com/

It will often give a free font that's either the right one ... or pretty close.

Sometimes you'll find some letters from one font and others from a different font.

Sometimes you have to make your letters from scratch or hand alter an existing 'close' font.

Sometimes googling 'airlinename logo' will get you what you want.

Good luck  

tips...

Good luck  

Thanks for the answer, I was already googling for high-res versions but it seems that Air Malta only has released some low res commercial stuff, definitely nothing that can be used as an example to get the right font. Also, when I checked the rebranding information from the company that did all the graphical work, they state that they designed 2 fonts completely from scratch, and thus won't be able to find it anywhere.

However, I just checked the website of Air Malta and I found out that they use those fonts there. So I tricked the font-files to be used on a personal quick-generated webpage, where I can play with the font-sizes etc.

Making them as big as possible and then making a screenshot allows me to work with the letters in high resolution, so my problem there is gone :D I'm quite happy about that I must say...

+1, beautiful aircraft, I want it for the A330 too, but that's not meant for this thread!

+2 for the Fiji 738 as well

can anyone paint this ?Sky+Airlines+-+737-430+-+TC-SKB+-+7020+N

regular bumb festival :D

Cenk Demir

Besiktas JK 1903

Now that we have reached the 300 pages (certainly one of most prolific topics on these forums!), allow me to express by sincere gratitude to ALL painters for these vast number of incredible liveries!

I have a good number of them and I am really thankful to all that spend their time painting this extraordinary bird! 

THANK YOU ALL!

• Upvote 2

Edmundo Azevedo

Could anyone share the exact export settings for the images to get them to shop up exactly right?

I use the Nvidia DDS format export plugin for Photoshop and currently have the settings as follows:

And this makes the right and bottom last pixel-rows of the image to show up faded white, like this:

And I find it quite annoying that this red bit is split up by a small white line.

Would anyone like to do a virgin atlantic livery so we can fly virgin little red flights in the uk maybe a 800/900 with winglits please.

However, I just checked the website of Air Malta and I found out that they use those fonts there. So I tricked the font-files to be used on a personal quick-generated webpage, where I can play with the font-sizes etc.

Making them as big as possible and then making a screenshot allows me to work with the letters in high resolution, so my problem there is gone :D I'm quite happy about that I must say...

A good workaround.

Personally, after trying the low-workload avenues like googling or looking at common logo aggregators like brandsoftheworld.com, I try to look as some official PDF issued by said airline. You can often get to logo elements in vector format if you open such a PDF in Adobe Illustrator.

FIJI AIRWAYS  B737-800  DQ-FJG  Island of Kadavu

Download  http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=177652

Updates to the Air Pacific repaints I'd done a while ago. Air Pacific has been rebranded Fiji Airways as of June 2013.

A significant takeoff as I just had to suffer the dreaded FSX uninstall - reinstall so, happy to be in the air again. This was the start of first test flight, NZAA - NFNA

I may have to revisit this repaint as I still haven't managed to find a belly shot to actually see what's underneath yet.

There'll be the 700 DQ-FJF to follow soon. 

Takeoff.jpg

Amazing paint, I've been waiting for this one for a while! I'm gonna go start a flight with it right now!

Thanks John!

Anyone for the new "Spirit of the Islands" on Alaska????  Anyone????  Please :Praying:

Joshua Smith

Anyone for the new "Spirit of the Islands" on Alaska????  Anyone????  Please :Praying:

Joshua Smith

Just out of curiosity, is the Spirit of The Islands painted on a -800?

Amazing job John !

Joshua Smith

Christian Mohr, please. If you read this page, Go Go Go Spirit Of The Islands.

Just out of curiosity, is the Spirit of The Islands painted on a -800?

Yes, Only -800